R15, 16 Centre bounce attendees - Massacre | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15, 16 Centre bounce attendees - Massacre

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Two weeks in a row now we've had problems with centre bounce massacre. Is it a ruck problem? A mids problem? Looks like both.

I meant to post the thread last week but I thought it might pass. It got worse.

Our rucks have been invisible and our mids less conspicuous than that for long periods this fortnight.

Who's getting it wrong? How do we fix it?

Do we have to set up differently?

Are we testing players and finding a grim truth?

Most notable imo is the contempt opposition rucks are licensed to show our players. It's planned.

Reactions: 5 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Is Kingsley still the midfield coach? It's more than a personnel issue the way the ball is moving towards opposition goal from a centre bounce. Plan needs some serious tweaking.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
It's a big deal, snags, and we're all watching it. Kingsley can't tackle the other ruck for them.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Names?

Nankervis. Soldo. Ross. Baker. Short. Exposed.

Maybe Graham later and Shai let the ball out too easily. (WCE scored at will.)

Centre Bounce Attendances v Centre Clearances. Looking at opponent clearances.

Fair enough that a fresh Naitanui laid down the law to a shocked Nank. Rucks sometimes do that to him. But Bailey J Williams is a cosmic joke. Running at will through CBs.

Is Martin covering for these myths? Because they looked well below the level after he went off.

Nankervis. Soldo. Ross. Baker. Short. Treated with contempt by opponents. Planned contempt. Two weeks on a row.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I posted in the Blair Hartley thread that there will probably be a clearance mid available at seasons end in Matt Crouch.
I know what the reaction will be from many on here but we should have a serious look at him imo.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Is Kingsley still the midfield coach? It's more than a personnel issue the way the ball is moving towards opposition goal from a centre bounce. Plan needs some serious tweaking.

McQualter. Kingsley coaches the backs. I've been beating the McQualter drum for a while. Can't see how he survives in that role into 2023.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Cotch and Lambo may go so we do need a seasoned pro mid to come in.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
We need to bring in an experienced clearance mid at the end of this year. Ideally it would be a gun player but if not a role player will have to do. Someone like Will Brodie would be very handy right now without Cotch/Prestia/Dusty.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Crouch is ok at general clearances but meh at centre bounces. A lot of his possessions don’t really hurt the opposition either. 28 next year.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Look at the week before the cats game against the blues and you’ll see the answer - Dion Prestia. Without him the last two weeks. Unhealthy reliance on him.

Reactions: 9 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Two weeks in a row now we've had problems with centre bounce massacre. Is it a ruck problem? A mids problem? Looks like both.

Our rucks have been invisible and our mids less conspicuous than that for long periods this fortnight.

Most notable imo is the contempt opposition rucks are licensed to show our players. It's planned.
It's a concern Jack, and has been on and off for quite a while. Is always exacerbated when Prestia doesn't play.
Losing Dusty didn't help either, 4 clearances from 44% game time.
Soldo not hitting to advantage is not helping either.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think sometimes we have aggressive setups also. I'm a bit concerned having Short goalside of the stoppage when he's there. We usually start with a defensive player in there, Cotchin, Graham etc and we did that at times yesterday (with Graham) but other times Short was on our D50 side of the stoppage and Ross on the attacking side. I'd probably prefer them to be switched so that we have the stronger tackler on the defensive side of the stoppage.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Crouch is ok at general clearances but meh at centre bounces. A lot of his possessions don’t really hurt the opposition either. 28 next year.

I'm normally opposed to his type, but for 2 years he's probably better than anyone we have coming through or will draft in that period.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yep its a big issue. We can square it with Cotch Dion and Dusty all fit, but we don't win it, and they are rarely all fit. 666 makes it a critical issue. Need to hit the draft, and trade for a 1 x gun and 1 x blue collar mid.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm normally opposed to his type, but for 2 years he's probably better than anyone we have coming through or will draft in that period.
Yes that’s my feeling as well. Get him for the right price and draft young mids.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
agree

Soldo's form is a concern as Nank isn't effective enough ATM to fly solo.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012

We play our X factor forward in Dusty and Shai.

And we are missing a starting, A-grade, triple premiership midfield in Prestia, Cotchin and Lambert.

I think it's probably that simple.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Tom Green for 2023 or 2024

Soldo a spell for Ryan

Troops - all be aging ones - back soon to help.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I think this year is The Last Dance. Next year Cotch, Lambert, JR8 and Edwards are gone. Dusty to Sydney?

Crouch won't be part of our next premiership tilt. We need to think longer-term.