R15 Ticketing and other discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 Ticketing and other discussion

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
This is *smile*. Got on at 4. The page opened at 4.02. By the time I put the details in it says "There aren't enough tickets to meet your request right now". Only wanted 2

N13 seat A1. Might have to watch from the bar if it is raining.
Due to reduced capacities for this weekend's Round 15 matches, all bars within the MCG will operate as take-away only facilities, with no opportunity for patrons to dwell in bars

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
After trying again, this time for only one seat, got one. Rang my mate and told him. Got him to try. He ended up getting a single seat too after refreshing a few times. We are in m7, separated by about 18 rows.

Damn it. Got row w
Hopefully there might be a lot of spare seats undercover and the attendants are sympathetic

Thanks Legends, looks like general reserve gone now. All that's left was Dry, but that gives the same "can't allocate seats at this time"... might have missed it! Will try again later tonight.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Seems to be plenty seats left , would be embarassing if we can't sell out 25k
Still haven't decided wether to go or not..

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
This is *smile*. Got on at 4. The page opened at 4.02. By the time I put the details in it says "There aren't enough tickets to meet your request right now". Only wanted 2

Same thing happened to me, but I clicked 'find tickets' again and got M36 section.
Its a strange system

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Seems to be plenty seats left , would be embarassing if we can't sell out 25k
Still haven't decided wether to go or not..
The weather will have a big impact. Im in the South Eastern suburbs and it is absolutely bucketing down right now

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Tried again just now, and blow me down - general reserved available again. I'm in pharken!!!

View attachment 12680

Ticketing systems and seat releases are totally bizarre.

Surely you already knew this.

Ticketek and Ticketmaster - all they do is sell tickets and they are grossly incompetent at it. Still, I suppose the free market is delivering efficient quality service as usual.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Surely you already knew this.

Ticketek and Ticketmaster - all they do is sell tickets and they are grossly incompetent at it. Still, I suppose the free market is delivering efficient quality service as usual.

DS

I'd say they are pretty competent by and large. Being able to buy a ticket online and have it sent to your mobile in a few seconds is pretty convenient and we would have considered all that magic when we were buying paper tickets in the 1970/80s.

There is a commercial strategy behind seat releases, obviously, or why would they do it? I don't understand it, but it clearly exists.

Where they fall down right now is user experience/usability of their systems, complicated by Covid/government edicts that change every week. Granted, this is pretty important. Being a near monopoly doesn't help either.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
no. i just tried and was offered a ticket on M50. @Legends of 2017 did you get a ticket?
I did Ian. I tried to get only one instead of the 2 I needed. Still had to try a couple of times though. Rang my mate after and told him the situation and said for him to try. He got 1 as well. Instead of sitting together we are sitting about 15 rows apart in the same bay. Wanted something undercover but am in row w. Didn’t want to miss out so grabbed it. Will be annoyed if undercover seats were offered afterwards. Hoping to be able to move somewhere where it won’t be raining.
Bringing my work wet weather gear just in case :mhihi

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I did Ian. I tried to get only one instead of the 2 I needed. Still had to try a couple of times though. Rang my mate after and told him the situation and said for him to try. He got 1 as well. Instead of sitting together we are sitting about 15 rows apart in the same bay. Wanted something undercover but am in row w. Didn’t want to miss out so grabbed it. Will be annoyed if undercover seats were offered afterwards. Hoping to be able to move somewhere where it won’t be raining.
Bringing my work wet weather gear just in case :mhihi

I'm just glad to have a general reserved seat on level 1 for a change! stops me having to sneak down from level 4.

• Haha

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I'm just glad to have a general reserved seat on level 1 for a change! stops me having to sneak down from level 4.
I’m the opposite. I prefer level 4. If I’m on level 1 I find I look at the scoreboard more than the ground to see what is going on. I’m getting old and my eyes aren’t great :mhihi

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I’m the opposite. I prefer level 4. If I’m on level 1 I find I look at the scoreboard more than the ground to see what is going on. I’m getting old and my eyes aren’t great :mhihi

I prefer L1, but 25-30 rows back (past the undercover line of Row Y). tonight i copped row G. i'm happy to be going, but I'm gonna have to find a way to migrate backwards.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I like being a bit higher up than level 1 too. I feel I can see the play unfold a bit better. I sit on level 2A.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'd say they are pretty competent by and large. Being able to buy a ticket online and have it sent to your mobile in a few seconds is pretty convenient and we would have considered all that magic when we were buying paper tickets in the 1970/80s.

There is a commercial strategy behind seat releases, obviously, or why would they do it? I don't understand it, but it clearly exists.

Where they fall down right now is user experience/usability of their systems, complicated by Covid/government edicts that change every week. Granted, this is pretty important. Being a near monopoly doesn't help either.

I'd say the way they sell tickets is almost less convenient now than it was years ago. Way way more rigmarole to go through now, even before COVID. It should, and can, be so much better. I used to be able to get Finals tickets easily in the 70s and 80s, not any more.

As for their so-called commercial strategy of selling the crap tickets first and then leaving good seats empty, I just put this down to gross incompetence. Watch just about any game at Docklands and notice how the top deck is full and Level 1 is half empty, yeah, great seat allocation there.

I thought we were supposed to get a choice of available tickets, I was wrong. As you would have seen on some other threads I have attempted to get the seats I prefer for hours at a time before they become available. This system is simply a clusterfuck, no other way of describing it.

Online selling of tickets could be good, but it isn't, simple as that.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd say the way they sell tickets is almost less convenient now than it was years ago. Way way more rigmarole to go through now, even before COVID. It should, and can, be so much better. I used to be able to get Finals tickets easily in the 70s and 80s, not any more.

As for their so-called commercial strategy of selling the crap tickets first and then leaving good seats empty, I just put this down to gross incompetence. Watch just about any game at Docklands and notice how the top deck is full and Level 1 is half empty, yeah, great seat allocation there.

I thought we were supposed to get a choice of available tickets, I was wrong. As you would have seen on some other threads I have attempted to get the seats I prefer for hours at a time before they become available. This system is simply a clusterfuck, no other way of describing it.

Online selling of tickets could be good, but it isn't, simple as that.

DS

Depends what you mean by easier in the 70s of course. Less demand then, for one. I got into the 1982 GF as a kid in standing room for $15, of course that's not possible these days.

Now I find it pretty easy. This year has been terrible but there are reasons for that.

The term "gross incompetence" is thrown around too loosely these days. You don't understand the strategy and it inconveniences you, so you label it "incompetent". When it comes to making money there is always method to the madness.

That doesn't make it good, but neither is it "incompetent".