R15 Ticketing and other discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R15 Ticketing and other discussion

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Depends what you mean by easier in the 70s of course. Less demand then, for one. I got into the 1982 GF as a kid in standing room for $15, of course that's not possible these days.

Now I find it pretty easy. This year has been terrible but there are reasons for that.

The term "gross incompetence" is thrown around too loosely these days. You don't understand the strategy and it inconveniences you, so you label it "incompetent". When it comes to making money there is always method to the madness.

That doesn't make it good, but neither is it "incompetent".

No, I would actually say incompetent, whether by strategy or by practice I really don't care.

Let me illustrate. I spend hours trying to get a seat I want. I look at the available seats (when they let me) and notice the seats I am after are not available, so wait until they are available. What is the impact of this? I tie up their website for hours, along with everyone else not happy with the limited tickets that they are currently offering. Their website has to deal with a stack of extra traffic as a result of this. How is that in any way competent?

DS

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
No, I would actually say incompetent, whether by strategy or by practice I really don't care.

Let me illustrate. I spend hours trying to get a seat I want. I look at the available seats (when they let me) and notice the seats I am after are not available, so wait until they are available. What is the impact of this? I tie up their website for hours, along with everyone else not happy with the limited tickets that they are currently offering. Their website has to deal with a stack of extra traffic as a result of this. How is that in any way competent?

DS
Either way I agree it's not good :D