R19 v Coburg Punt Road Noon Sunday | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R19 v Coburg Punt Road Noon Sunday

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Bullarto Tiger said:
It's been a bloody good season from the VFL Tigers. McRae and the players are to be congratulated.

Big credits to Fly. Massive improvement from Clarke.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
I reckon our improvement in the firsts has come from the marked improvement and development from the guys in the seconds. Craig McRae seems to be the man along with the other development coaches.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Best game for many weeks for Bolton.

Maric, Bachelor, Hunt, Menadue, Steggle didn't play.

Will be hard selection this week

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
ryan said:
Best game for many weeks for Bolton.

Maric, Bachelor, Hunt, Menadue, Steggle didn't play.

Will be hard selection this week
Bolton, Short, Ellis very good for mine, agree Shai would have ticked all the boxes the coaches wanted from him i reckon. Conca too is coming into some form.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Richmond 1.2-8 8.9-57 12.11-83 17.17-119
Coburg 1.6-12 2.7-19 4.9-33 4.9-33

RICHMOND
Goal Kickers: B. Lennon 3, B. Wood 2, I. Soldo 2, B. Griffiths 2, J. Aarts 2, T. Silvestro, S. Bolton, C. Moore, S. Lloyd, S. Morris, D. Coffield
Best Players: S. Bolton, B. Wood, C. Ellis, J. Batchelor, J. Short, A. Miles

COBURG
Goal Kickers: L. Hunt, J. Corigliano, H. Kerbatieh, P. McEvoy
Best Players: L. Hunt, T. Curtis, N. Mellington, P. McEvoy, K. Posar, J. Iacobaccio

Stewlander

Tiger Cub
Jan 20, 2016
Great to hear Bolton, Short and Ellis played well. How did Moore play? I have high hopes for him, due to his massive upside. Also, as the reserves play next week and the seniors have a week off can guys like Markov and Graham play in the final?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
caesar said:
Bolton, Short, Ellis very good for mine, agree Shai would have ticked all the boxes the coaches wanted from him i reckon. Conca too is coming into some form.

Too late for these guys in the main.

You are talking about multiple changes to a winning side that won by 100 last week which aint gonna happen.

Not to mention all of these guys are behind a guy that will be straight back in before them in Caddy and a second tall ruck option in Griff who imo is the only other possible inclusion, i just cannot see the RFC bringing in 2 smalls against the Cats with the RFC only having one ruck.

The side had been well balanced.

Markov is the most obvious one out for the Cats next time around imo.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
tigerlove said:
How'd Lloyd go? Follow up on last game's dominance?

Lloyd was very good again as an inside mid, as was miles.

You'd struggle to find a more talented 1-2 punch who compliment each other as well anywhere in the VFL.

Short was also a class above. Lennon good, but not banging down any doors.

Really hope we stay right away from Griff or Hampson, and don't get tempted to do anything stupid. Griff is miles off a come back and Hampson is painful, even at this level. One particularly poor switch directly to the opposition, and one miss from the goal square gave me PTSD flashbacks.

Edit: Should have mentioned Bolton as well. Absolutely special.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
waiting said:
Strong finish

17.17 119

Coburg 4.9 33

86 pt win

Our talls played well of what I gathered in the call with Soldo, Griff, Moore in the goals and our rucks in Soldo & Hampson dominated the rucks.
2018 is going to be the Shai Bolton year imo. Another pre season and watch out

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dyer'ere said:
Richmond 1.2-8 8.9-57 12.11-83 17.17-119
Coburg 1.6-12 2.7-19 4.9-33 4.9-33

RICHMOND
Goal Kickers: B. Lennon 3, B. Wood 2, I. Soldo 2, B. Griffiths 2, J. Aarts 2, T. Silvestro, S. Bolton, C. Moore, S. Lloyd, S. Morris, D. Coffield
Best Players: S. Bolton, B. Wood, C. Ellis, J. Batchelor, J. Short, A. Miles

COBURG
Goal Kickers: L. Hunt, J. Corigliano, H. Kerbatieh, P. McEvoy
Best Players: L. Hunt, T. Curtis, N. Mellington, P. McEvoy, K. Posar, J. Iacobaccio
Well done for Batch getting in the best seeing he didn't even play!!!!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
craig said:
Too late for these guys in the main.

You are talking about multiple changes to a winning side that won by 100 last week which aint gonna happen.

Not to mention all of these guys are behind a guy that will be straight back in before them in Caddy and a second tall ruck option in Griff who imo is the only other possible inclusion, i just cannot see the RFC bringing in 2 smalls against the Cats with the RFC only having one ruck.

The side had been well balanced.

Markov is the most obvious one out for the Cats next time around imo.
Maybe too late but if a change was needed, Short could replace Broad who was very shaky yesterday and Shai for George who has 3 quiet weeks. Expect minimal change though.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
caesar said:
Maybe too late but if a change was needed, Short could replace Broad who was very shaky yesterday and Shai for George who has 3 quiet weeks. Expect minimal change though.

I'm really keen to Get Shorty back into that team.
Quick, takes the game on, and an elite penetrating kicker of the ball with both feet.

Shai has time on his side.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Only saw the first half, however really like Boltons involvement , thought Ellis C has now gone to a level that is above VFL, question is can he take the next step ? 3 big blokes I find intriguing are Soldo, Chol and Moore, each one has improved well this year and show signs of been able to make a career as an AFL player, all 3 have there weakness's , and all 3 have there strengths, thing is its good to have some young big blokes who do actually have some potential.

If I was Richmond I'd run Moore in the GF sprint, he'll win it by 20 hard held, do the kid the world of good confidence wise.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Sintiger said:
2018 is going to be the Shai Bolton year imo. Another pre season and watch out

and isn't that super exciting (not that we need more)

thanks for all the reports from all throughout the season - it has been super informative for us living overseas!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Richmond VFL squad
B: Garthwaite, Batchelor, Beasley
HB: Darley, Conca, Hunt
C: Short, Miles, Menadue
HF: Moore, Bolton, Morris
F: Lennon, Stengle, Griffiths
R: Hampson, Elton, Ballard
I/C: Maric, Chol, Lloyd, C Ellis, Silvestro, Wood, Soldo, Coffield, O’Sullivan