R3 Changes v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R3 Changes v GWS

Tiger Pops said:
We win if we kick more goals than them..... but would not harm if

Prestia plays a defensive mid role on Coniglio
Some attention on Whitfield
Defensive lock on Shaw down back
Nank and Balta to Run Mumford to the ground if possible.

Mumford in is a great in for us IMO, Nank finally has a ruckman that is not taller than him ;D and surely has an underdone Mumford covered around the ground.

caesar said:
Mumford in is a great in for us IMO, Nank finally has a ruckman that is not taller than him ;D and surely has an underdone Mumford covered around the ground.

Agree, it's an odd move by GWS. Mumford hasn't played AFL for 18 months and Dawson Simpson was starting to hit his straps and is a ruck that could challenge Nank.

I wonder when Weller got injured - during the game last week or at training? Apologies if it's been mentioned already in the thread.

It might explain why he was so rank last week, and OK the week before.

graystar1 said:
Umpires for tomorrow's game are:-

22............Nathan Williamson
30............Shane McInerney
33............Brent Wallace

Anyone know anything about them. McInerney is well known, but not sure of the others.

With a little bit of hope, they are not of the Tiger bias mob.

I like the female umpire, she’s really good.
Like her positioning, calls, reasoning

With Mummy playing for the Plastic Fantastic this week I am disappointed that Baker is not an in. Had him as my Big Call for 2019 - splitting Mummy right down the middle with a hip and shoulder.

Have to wait to round 17 now.

TigerMasochist said:
Geez! Comparing Lego to Towner???? Lego's been out bodied virtually every time he's been near a contested ball this year. Not helping that he's also double grabbing for marks n loose balls as well. He's got run n pace but, needs to start putting something together soon or he'll be back in the magoos.

Aside from that, I'm happy with the selections n hope they get a handful of games in a row to allow them to find and adjust to the tempo n pressure of senior footy. Also hoping some of the experienced senior players pull the finger out n perform up to standard so that the beginners can find their feet without having to carry the load.

It might not be saying much but Markov was a lot better as a forward than defence last week, competed well in the air against bigger opponents and brought the ball to ground well. He's mobile and a good kick so I reckon he's a better option forward than back, always thought he was more of a wing / half-forward and that's initially what we drafted him as.

mrposhman said:
It might not be saying much but Markov was a lot better as a forward than defence last week, competed well in the air against bigger opponents and brought the ball to ground well. He's mobile and a good kick so I reckon he's a better option forward than back, always thought he was more of a wing / half-forward and that's initially what we drafted him as.

If that's his role then you'd be better off playing Moore.

caesar said:

I agree,

except I am wary of the wounded bull effect.

Mummy was elite at maiming blokes at the height of his powers,

Its plausible that he maims someone bad and gets suspended till the end of his days, in the course of his comeback.

mrposhman said:

Considering he spent the pre season training with the backs (so i believe), the fact hes been pushed forward already after one run down back into a position that he will easily be pushed out from by Caddy and Jackmond is not really a great omen.

easy said:
they are better than chamberlain and stevic and doughboy

Tiger McInernerney is one of the best in the business IMO cause no-one has noticed him in over 300 games

Sign of a good umpire

craig said:
Considering he spent the pre season training with the backs (so i believe), the fact hes been pushed forward already after one run down back into a position that he will easily be pushed out from by Caddy and Jackmond is not really a great omen.

and he had played back the last couple of years.
I would expect to see him play back this week, or play in the VFL next week.