R4 - Other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R4 - Other games

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Cant wait for all the fawning over Petracca this week on all the footy shows. You bet he'll be talked about comparisons with dusty again.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I can't stand Geelong but that's accidental contact. As Hawkins is in motion of handballing, May pulls him back and his arm/elbow connects with his eye, no chance he goes for that.

I see it quite differently. I believe it was intentional, made to look accidental.

But irrespective of that, It is head high contact with high impact.

Reactions: 1 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Anyone see selwoods player rating in the afl one? Reckon he's just about gone. Without the dodgy frees he has very little left. Good riddance. Cheat of the highest order. Add first class hypocrite to the resume after today's whining for head high against

Reactions: 4 users
Feb 25, 2007
I see it quite differently. I believe it was intentional, made to look accidental.

But irrespective of that, It is head high contact with high impact.

Fair enough and if Tommy missed games it would be like sucked in cats but I reckon he has buckleys and none getting suspended for that.

Thought id also add in, Danger on Vlastuin elbow to head knocked him out, no suspension. and that was still as you said "head-high contact with high impact."

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
That Hawkins one is not simple. It should be looked at, but seeing all those angles Hawkins was handballing and the Melbourne player pulled Hawkins towards him. Hawkins' record doesn't help as he has been known to push the envelope in terms of what he does, but very hard to say that was deliberate.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Hawkins seems to do this sort of thing regularly. Must be a mighty clumsy or unlucky player.
the thing is, when its its obviously not an accident, the boys club all pile in in support, nothing to see, nothing in it. It has been consistent and stinky. This one was wierd IMO. The motion was strange, unnatural, reckless and clumsy at best, cunning and deliberate at worst. If he had no form I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe. But given his form, I agree with streak, it was deliberate, May was ropeable, throw the book at him. (they won't, I'm aware of that).

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I can't stand Geelong but that's accidental contact. As Hawkins is in motion of handballing, May pulls him back and his arm/elbow connects with his eye, no chance he goes for that.

I agree. Contact was in the act of Hawkins desperately handballing a ball in his possession. Nothing to see (pardon the pun).

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
I agree. Contact was in the act of Hawkins desperately handballing a ball in his possession. Nothing to see (pardon the pun).
His natural motion would be to swing straight back but look agai. He lifted his elbow. He had an idea of where May was positioned. It happens waaaay to often with home to be a coincidence. He is a sniper of the worst kind.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
His natural motion would be to swing straight back but look agai. He lifted his elbow. He had an idea of where May was positioned. It happens waaaay to often with home to be a coincidence. He is a sniper of the worst kind.

Hawkins has mastered the accidental on purpose strikes.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is from the Geelong forum
'I saw a plastic bag move across the ground more then Dalhouse"
:rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Geelong are in big big trouble.
Duds Miers, Higgins, Dalhouse, Rohan, Stanley have now been joined by Touey, Atkins and Blivass.
Scott might leave Geelong worse then the damage his brother did at North

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Imagine playing Melbourne or Stkilda in September.
It will be like having another Bye in the finals

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

He throws his elbow back and high and in the opposite direction in which he attempts to handball.

Deliberate every day of the week.

Reactions: 2 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Geelong are in big big trouble.
Duds Miers, Higgins, Dalhouse, Rohan, Stanley have now been joined by Touey, Atkins and Blivass.
Scott might leave Geelong worse then the damage his brother did at North
Yep. How are that lot going to get Stagerfield the flag that they promised him?