R4 - Other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R4 - Other games

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Haha First Crack Tom Morris says Buddy is the most watchable player in the comp (which is not a bad statement) but Healy is there and you could see him thinking, NicNat, NicNat, NicNat
Zips would approve of this comment

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Haha First Crack Tom Morris says Buddy is the most watchable player in the comp (which is not a bad statement) but Healy is there and you could see him thinking, NicNat, NicNat, NicNat
Buddy? I only saw the second half but he was horrible. Didn’t get near it until he took that mark and kicked the last goal for them. Reckon he was terrible from the part of the game I saw. Looked a shadow of his former self.

But Tom Morris is a *smile* idiot.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I said he was crap. Every time he gets somewhere around 50 he decides to take a pot shot and his success rate is very low.
imo he will be a footballer like Stringer. Capable of bursting clear, breaking games open, creating opportunities from difficult positions.
But mostly it will be about him being a hero
and failing 8 times out of 10

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
the sceptic would say there’s a directive from AFL house to have Sydney rise quickly. That was a disgraceful umpiring performance again.
Living in Sydney and with a mad keen Sydney partner, most swans fans are adamant that the AFL HO hates, vehemently hates the Swans.
reference the penalty when Buddy chose them over GWS (no trading). There was also the COLA wars and a Richard Colless feud. And Demetrio bagging the Swans flooding style when they were premiers and felt they should have been lauded by HO.
It probably also goes back to the long periods of isolation and being largely ignored by the AFL.
No doubt that the AFL think its important to have 1 strong team in Qld and NSW.
And the Swans have profited from the academy, which was introduced as a benefit for GWS and GC.

Not to support the swans but they dont feel they are the golden club

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Living in Sydney and with a mad keen Sydney partner, most swans fans are adamant that the AFL HO hates, vehemently hates the Swans.
reference the penalty when Buddy chose them over GWS (no trading). There was also the COLA wars and a Richard Colless feud. And Demetrio bagging the Swans flooding style when they were premiers and felt they should have been lauded by HO.
It probably also goes back to the long periods of isolation and being largely ignored by the AFL.
No doubt that the AFL think its important to have 1 strong team in Qld and NSW.
And the Swans have profited from the academy, which was introduced as a benefit for GWS and GC.

Not to support the swans but they dont feel they are the golden club
Nobody does.
Hawthorn supporters didn't in the "free kick Hawthorn" era.
Geelong don't.
Do you think we do? I can tell you other supporters now think it's all "free kick Richmond", and it's not the pure numbers but where they are and aren't paid.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Nobody does.
Hawthorn supporters didn't in the "free kick Hawthorn" era.
Geelong don't.
Do you think we do? I can tell you other supporters now think it's all "free kick Richmond", and it's not the pure numbers but where they are and aren't paid.

Can they point to a lot of goals we get from free kicks? I can't.

Certainly not the half a dozen South got last week.

DS

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
If this is his last year he'll be hard pressed to make 1000 goals. And I would have no problem with that whatsoever.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The bombers are showing some very Richmond-like traits and when they ramped up the pressure on the Swans the cygnets started coughing it up. Their much vaunted clean disposal deserted them. However the Bombers are not really a good side (although I like some of their new draftees) and they couldn't keep the pressure up consistently. The Swans are vulnerable to frontal pressure.
I am now very comfortable in thinking we just didnt turn up last week but we will in future games and our gameplan will still work albeit with some tweaks which we do during every season anyway.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The new rule has little impact when there is pressure and intensity. It only gives teams a better avenue to goal when they have time and space.

We all know the Tigers are the kings of pressure finals football.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Nik Cox could be anything. Serious talent. I texted my Bummer bro-in-law, "You love young Cox, don't ya" and he didn't disagree.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The new rule has little impact when there is pressure and intensity. It only gives teams a better avenue to goal when they have time and space.

We all know the Tigers are the kings of pressure finals football.
The new rule favours the teams that love uncontested possession. The whole idea is to give time and space. Yes intensity will increase but when you are forced to stand as a statue you can't do much in terms of defensive pressure. It's a fundamental change to the game. Will finals intensity reduce its impact? Perhaps but it definitely gives that bit more time and space.

I think we will see teams adopting a more defensive mindset as the season progresses. Teams dropping numbers back after the bounce, teams having a man on the mark and another at that 5m distance on the angle to the corridor ready to run at the ball carrier if/when he plays on. Trying to force them down the line and stop quick ball movement. I think we will get lower scoring and even more chipping around and uncontested possessions. Teams will be switching constantly (observe the eagles against PA they went back and across multiple times in the one play) trying to break up the opposition defensive structure.