R4 - Other games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R4 - Other games

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Pity he is part of the issue of them not wining a flag. He has more disappearing acts in finals then Harry Houdini
Yep. How are that lot going to get Stagerfield the flag that they promised him?

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Have a look at the love for Footscary.
The AFL's love child. The club with 10 supporters.
The club that is allowed to have 3 extra on the ground.
The club that is allowed to hold the ball longer then any other side and dispose the ball any way they like.
If its fair game to go after Selwood for 15 years of playing for free kicks, why has McCrae gone unnoticed?
Averages 3 free kicks a game.
Some of our players don't get that in a full season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I thought the Cats might fall off the cliff in 2022. It may have come a year early.
Its beautiful to watch.
Slow as dogs balls.
Out dated game style that has constantly failed.
For all the bell and whistle's Steven Wells recruiting over the last 5 years has been on par with Greg Beck. Dalhouse, Rohan, Jenkins, Miers, Higgins and Smith stink of desperation.
And a coach that thinks he is untouchable.
I can't wait till the day they tell him to *smile* off.
My money is on next year they will *smile* him off, but they will make it out as if he decided to walk himself.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Look at the top 8
Only 3 clubs from last years finals are currently in the top 8.
last year was a long season thanks to COVID. Especially the teams that played finals.
Two things are happening. Teams from last year finals are running low on gas.
Or these teams have had a lighter pre season and are slowly building into form. This is the most likely
There’s going to be a knock on effect from COVID into this season.

Dose Anyone really believe Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne and Carltoon are top 8 material?
Wait to mid season. Things should start going back to normal transmission

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Hawkins seems to do this sort of thing regularly. Must be a mighty clumsy or unlucky player.
Like many others I really hate how Hawkins throws himself about and maims blokes 'accidentally'!
Can't see him being cited for this, but as soon as it happened I thought to myself. ....

What would be the reaction from the media if this was Tom Lynch?

Reactions: 5 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Like many others I really hate how Hawkins throws himself about and maims blokes 'accidentally'!
Can't see him being cited for this, but as soon as it happened I thought to myself. ....

Exactly

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can't stand Sydney
Cocky fkwits.
That McChicken number 27 i hope someone smashes him. Goose

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014

I had the exact same thought.

99% of the rest of the AFL did that and I'd dismiss it immediately as an accident, but Hawkins is an 'accidental' thug. Can't shake the feeling that he meant it.

He won't get cited though.

Anyone got the pic of him looking miserable in the box as we steamrolled them in the 2019 prelim??

That would cheer me up

Reactions: 5 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
the thing is, when its its obviously not an accident, the boys club all pile in in support, nothing to see, nothing in it. It has been consistent and stinky. This one was wierd IMO. The motion was strange, unnatural, reckless and clumsy at best, cunning and deliberate at worst. If he had no form I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe. But given his form, I agree with streak, it was deliberate, May was ropeable, throw the book at him. (they won't, I'm aware of that).
Deliberate as it gets. He's consistently clumsy when it comes to injuring opposition players. How come this doesn't happen with other players?

He threw the elbow up and out. He's a first class *smile*.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It makes me wonder, if you get penalised a free kick for accidental head high contact will the day come when accidental head injury incurs a suspension.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Just saw the exact same decision that was paid against Houli - player marks it but didn't hear the 'touched, play on!' call. No penalty; balled up.
You notice that the umpire blew the whistle immediately. Like they normally do. Don't think the Houli one has ever been paid before.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

I didn't see the game, but was talking to a mate after the game, a Dees supporter. He said that May might have a fractured eye socket, the first thing I said was, who did it Hawkins?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Amazing how many accidental long term injuries hawkins is responsible for.

poor chris scott - when I told him his problem was lack of pace years ago he didn't listen.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Amazing how many accidental long term injuries hawkins is responsible for.

poor chris scott - when I told him his problem was lack of pace years ago he didn't listen.
He thought you said lack of face so grew his hair and went to the solarium.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
At least the cats have a sense of humour, they brought back Zach Guthrie.

• Haha

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He throws his elbow back and high and in the opposite direction in which he attempts to handball.

Deliberate every day of the week.
I say there'll be no action taken. We shall see. I've watched it a couple times at normal speed and I don't se how it could be classed as intentional. It was his handballing arm in the process of handballing. Thought Dangerfield's was far more borderline and he got off.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hawkins/May aftermath.

f598f71ca432e22f05bdd7e72a5dd09c

Didn't think there was anything in it, but it's an ungainly manouevre.

3a411f428e9960abb9e65ff2ffb3ca2b

• Sad