Racial tolerence

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
Wow, just watched 60 minutes about the dispicable things that happened in Sydney in December. I can't help thinking that this is a time bomb waiting to happen again after seeing some of the opinions viewed tonight. Gee, I hope some people wake up to themselves and just start RESPECTING people whether it be aussies or muslims- it would go a long way to calming things down a bit.

I was very disappointed that imo Channel Eddie gave it 20 minutes as i thought that the discussion was just starting to really get to a point where real  issues were starting to be discussed when all of a sudden it was stopped and we went onto a story about tourists paying money to go see sharks.  ::)  ::)

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
I refused to watch it beacause you simply can't adequately cover this topic in 20 minutes.Agree with Tuby,life would be lot easier if we respected each other regardless of race

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Phew, I just got of that MSN chat with 60 minutes and that Muslim dude.

That forum is outta control and boiling.

Tiger Endevour

Tiger Rookie
Mar 27, 2005
This issue needs to be addressed for Australia as whole, a multicultral nation as a whole.

Wih all honesty in my opinion, after watching 60 minutes, which only cast abt 20min on the issue and I wish it would go longer to address the ultimate issue. The ultimate issue I reckon the bottom line issue and remain unaddressed is that each and every individual family should first educate their youths. This is from what I learned IN GENERAL from Asian cultures and I admit I am not fully versed in all Asian cultures, but what I do see, is that respect and understanding stems from above all, for one and other from parental upbringing.

The Government can only do that much to govern the society within a nation, as to what it believes is most suitable and beneficial for the nation as at the time it sees fit. But the parents of each falimly must also do their bit to educate their youths to abide to what the Australian Govern believes in, ie. Respect to each other, including the Females. From 60 minutes, it appears that most of those who were involved in the "racial disagreement" were youths. Also, it appears to me, watching just a few minutes of the 60 minutes, especially hearing one of the female saying that having a man pitching and insulting her, it absolutely doesn't refelct what the Australian Government aims to achieve, nor does the society as a whole in Australia. Notwithstanding that such action maybe acceptable in minimal few other cultures or nations, this is DEFINITELY NOT IN AUSTRALIA. Equal respect and torlerance in Australia for race and gender is part of of Australia and is in most of Australians. Only in the minors that such siutation occurs.

I must say, that a minority of those involved in that 'spur', have caused bad names for the races. I believe that the each citizen of Australia, who has immigrated from any parts of the wolrd and has chosen Australia as their Mother Land and settle in Her, has the responsiblity and accountablity to ensure that they will contribute to Australia, respect fellow Australians and forgo their past practices from where they come from which will detoriate Australia.

At the end of it all, we all want a nation, is Australia, of which her citzens RESPECT one another, REGARDLESS OF RACE AND GENDER, TO LEAD EACH OF OUR LIVES WITH A COMMON GOAL, THAT IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF AUSTRALIA AS A WHOLE. Like all the Tiger Supporters in here do! GO TIGERS!!!!!

Tiger Endevour

Tiger Rookie
Mar 27, 2005
geoffryprettyboy said:
Phew, I just got of that MSN chat with 60 minutes and that Muslim dude. 

That forum is outta control and boiling.
Which Muslim dude are you talking about GPB. There was one that was a youth leader who is a boxer who has been interviewed previously or the guy that was to his left that i havent seen before who was imo just causing more trouble tonight on the forum.

Gazza68

The sleeping giant is waking from his slumber
Oct 23, 2004
If you live in Australia you become an Australian when you become a citizen, no matter what your color, creed or religion. The problem seems to stem from a few bad apples on different sides trying to stir up hatred towards different nationalities. It's time to come together & find a peaceful resolution, rather than blaming one particular nationality. If you live in this country you have to abide by the laws of this land, & not behind a different flag or religion.

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
Bling said:
If you live in Australia you become an Australian when you become a citizen, no matter what your color, creed or religion. The problem seems to stem from a few bad apples on different sides trying to stir up hatred towards different nationalities. It's time to come together & find a peaceful resolution, rather than blaming one particular nationality. If you live in this country you have to abide by the laws of this land, & not behind a different flag or religion.

:clap :clap Exactly Bling. I'm sick of this excuse of racism for such things. Bloody just do the right thing and respect people. We are a world of HUMANS - wake up and realise that.

nitrotiger

The tigers again shall be KING........
Sep 9, 2005
Hervey Bay Queensland
yep.....unfortunately this is the price we pay for being a democracy....free speech and stuff....

It really kills me that people come into our country and jump on the racial discrimination bandwagon whenever
OUR BELIEFS AND CULTURE DIFFER WITH THEIRS.....

if I waz gonna move to iraq,or Jordan...or mozambique....i would learn the culture....the language....then the rules then make up my mind about whether to shift there.....NOT DICTATE TO THAT COUNTRY THAT THATS THE WAY ITS GOTTA BE WHEN I GET THERE....thats arrogance and narrow mindness in the extreme form.....
My point?
make the choice.....an informed choice before ya move.....dont impose your ******* politicts on us when ya get here.....but I suppose thats being racist eh.....sorry........

Crystal

Tiger Champion
May 5, 2005
Sydney
Channel Eddie acted recklessly IMO by limiting this debate to 20 mins. It should have at least run the full hour, if not 2 hours. All it did was fuel an already tense situation and cut it off when temperments were only just beginning to rise. That left everyone in a heightened, agitated state and nothing was resolved. Reckless.

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
Crystal said:
Channel Eddie acted recklessly IMO by limiting this debate to 20 mins. It should have at least run the full hour, if not 2 hours. All it did was fuel an already tense situation and cut it off when temperments were only just beginning to rise. That left everyone in a heightened, agitated state and nothing was resolved. Reckless.
Wait for the ratings to come in today. If they're big, expect an extended sequel or a full 60m on the topic next week. 9 are far more interested in the ratings points than the issues at hand.

purepoweryouth

Gone but not forgotten
Sep 28, 2003
Perth, WA
nitrotiger said:
yep.....unfortunately this is the price we pay for being a democracy....free speech and stuff....

It really kills me that people come into our country and jump on the racial discrimination bandwagon whenever
OUR BELIEFS AND CULTURE DIFFER WITH THEIRS.....

if I waz gonna move to iraq,or Jordan...or mozambique....i would learn the culture....the language....then the rules then make up my mind about whether to shift there.....NOT DICTATE TO THAT COUNTRY THAT THATS THE WAY ITS GOTTA BE WHEN I GET THERE....thats arrogance and narrow mindness in the extreme form.....
My point?
make the choice.....an informed choice before ya move.....dont impose your *smile* politicts on us when ya get here.....but I suppose thats being racist eh.....sorry........
Good post. The real problem is, as you say, the arrogance that is displayed by people who come to Australia and expect us to cater to all of their needs. But to be honest our Govts and authorities are the one who pandered to them in the first place and now it is just expected (or more likely demanded) and if we dont we are racist or islamaphobes.

Chelsea

Tiger Rookie
Mar 28, 2005
I don't know about 'racial tolerance'. It was reported that the Lebanese blokes involved in the trouble in Cronulla were Islamic. There are a lot of Lebanese who are Christian, and it's been reported that there were NO Lebanese Christians involved in the trouble, so to me, that makes it religious. Also apparently the Islamic blokes go to 'eye' our girls in their bikinis, because their own Islamic women cover up, owing to their religion. Up until just recently, when Bracks stated he wanted Christmas carols back into the kindergartens, and the Nativity scenes in the shopping centres, these were banned because 'they may offend non Christians'. These things have always been part of our tradition, and for those who don't wish to be present when the carols are on etc. then they don't need to be there. We bend over backwards too much for the 'newcomers'. If you are living in the Middle East, you live by their rules and traditions, so what's wrong with them doing the same here, and living by ours? They know when they come here that we are who we are, and if they don't like it, they shouldn't come, but if they decide they want to be here, then they should live by our laws, rules, and traditions. It's not much to ask for is it????? It seems that some of these Mosques are havens for revving up trouble, and I saw one programme on tv recently, where one of their leaders was 'preaching', telling them that they shouldn't have friends who were not Islamic..............so it's religious.
Nostradamus predicted a Holy war next, so...............................

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Its like Groundhog-Day on this forum sometimes :hihi....I'm sure I've come across this thread, or something like it, on many occasions already. ???

I didn't see the 60-Minutes thing last night, but like others have said...and I agree with them....that 20-minutes or so isn't long enough to debate a topic like this.

A country like Australia, has opened its arms to many a religion, race, and colour....and encouraged people to continue their way of life, in a free and democratic country.
Many of these people who do get to experience this privilege, have come here due to discriminations and prejudices within their own country.
I am sure if a Christians went and started up a church, in the middle of Tehran, they would not be afforded the same luxury, as many other faiths are given here!
Some people out here should be on their hands and knees thanking us, for taking them in when they were more or less run out of their own country....not come here demanding this, and demanding that, and then using the old "racism" card when they don't get their own way. :-X :mad:

Islams (and I will use them as an example, as lets be honest, their faith is at the centre of much of the turmoil around the world at present) are free to attend their mosques, yet use this forum as a way to continue their hate-filled speeches.
These people should be deported immediately, and surely, the moderate-Islams need to start reclaiming their religion.

Islams who have been born here, and wish to burn Australian flags, wreck churches, and threaten women because they (as they claim) are "Aussie sl*ts"....should be given the choice of an Islamic country they would like to be deported to, or deported to where their ancestors came from, as I don't deem people like that "Australian"! :mad:

I know some people (the goody-goody lefts) on this forum will carry on about whether 'my laws' would be extended to Jews, Christians, Buddhist, etc as well....and yes, they do!
However, I can't remember the last time a Christian flew a plane into a building....or of a Jew who strapped a bomb to himself and blew up a couple of hundred people in Bali...or even a Buddhist with a few mates, raping an Aussie sheila and hosing her down while spitting and calling her foul names.

Salman Rushdie writes a book that Islams are offended by, so they put a death-sentence on the bloke....a bloke in Holland makes a movie that Islams don't agree with, so he gets stabbed and shot while riding a bike home....and well, we all know about the cartoon fiasco, which is still going, with more deaths yesterday! ::))

Until Islams, and in particular their muftis stand up to be counted against extremists of their religion, then they will continue to have a stigma associated with them of hate, anger, and intolerance.

Have your mosques...dress how you like (other religions and races do it!)...but respect OUR faiths and culture as well (other religions and races do that as well!).
Australia is not a 2nd Islamic state of Iran....SO GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR GET OUT!!!!! :mad:

Read recently this:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/french-plan-to-get-tough-on-migrants/2006/02/07/1139074228353.html

....which I agree with, regarding immigration, as well.
Thought some might be interested, as France have had a few riots as well.... :-X

Tubytiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 14, 2004
Liverpool said:
Its like Groundhog-Day on this forum sometimes  :hihi....I'm sure I've come across this thread, or something like it, on many occasions already.  ???

I didn't see the 60-Minutes thing last night, but like others have said...and I agree with them....that 20-minutes or so isn't long enough to debate a topic like this.

A country like Australia, has opened its arms to many a religion, race, and colour....and encouraged people to continue their way of life, in a free and democratic country.
Many of these people who do get to experience this privilege, have come here due to discriminations and prejudices within their own country.
I am sure if a Christians went and started up a church, in the middle of Tehran, they would not be afforded the same luxury, as many other faiths are given here!
Some people out here should be on their hands and knees thanking us, for taking them in when they were more or less run out of their own country....not come here demanding this, and demanding that, and then using the old "racism" card when they don't get their own way.  :-X :mad:

Islams (and I will use them as an example, as lets be honest, their faith is at the centre of much of the turmoil around the world at present) are free to attend their mosques, yet use this forum as a way to continue their hate-filled speeches.
These people should be deported immediately, and surely, the moderate-Islams need to start reclaiming their religion.

Islams who have been born here, and wish to burn Australian flags, wreck churches, and threaten women because they (as they claim) are "Aussie sl*ts"....should be given the choice of an Islamic country they would like to be deported to, or deported to where their ancestors came from, as I don't deem people like that "Australian"!  :mad:

I know some people (the goody-goody lefts) on this forum will carry on about whether 'my laws' would be extended to Jews, Christians, Buddhist, etc as well....and yes, they do!
However, I can't remember the last time a Christian flew a plane into a building....or of a Jew who strapped a bomb to himself and blew up a couple of hundred people in Bali...or even a Buddhist with a few mates, raping an Aussie sheila and hosing her down while spitting and calling her foul names.

Salman Rushdie writes a book that Islams are offended by, so they put a death-sentence on the bloke....a bloke in Holland makes a movie that Islams don't agree with, so he gets stabbed and shot while riding a bike home....and well, we all know about the cartoon fiasco, which is still going, with more deaths yesterday!  ::))

Until Islams, and in particular their muftis stand up to be counted against extremists of their religion, then they will continue to have a stigma associated with them of hate, anger, and intolerance.

Have your mosques...dress how you like (other religions and races do it!)...but respect OUR faiths and culture as well (other religions and races do that as well!).
Australia is not a 2nd Islamic state of Iran....SO GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR GET OUT!!!!!  :mad:

Read recently this:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/french-plan-to-get-tough-on-migrants/2006/02/07/1139074228353.html

....which I agree with, regarding immigration, as well.
Thought some might be interested, as France have had a few riots as well.... :-X

I'm sorry about your groundhog day coming around again Liverpool and i didnt mean to start another thread about subjects gone before. I'll admit it was my fault and didnt look hard enough on this occassion in relation to other similar threads. But i do think this is a huge issue in relation to social peace in this country which really deserves opinion on this forum as I believe the way this is going not only in this country but all over the world it is just a time bomb ticking away.

Appreciate your forthright thoughts though mate. And others on here that have put forward their thoughts as well.

Rob Williams

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Chelsea said:
I don't know about 'racial tolerance'. It was reported that the Lebanese blokes involved in the trouble in Cronulla were Islamic. There are a lot of Lebanese who are Christian, and it's been reported that there were NO Lebanese Christians involved in the trouble, so to me, that makes it religious.
So Chelsea deftly :hihi switches the topic from "race" to "religion" and then Liverpool chimes in with a coupla thousand unrelated words that fail to prove his conclusion that-

Liverpool said:
Australia is not a 2nd Islamic state of Iran....SO GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR GET OUT!!!!! :mad:
It's the Chelsea and Liverpool Propaganda Hour all over again. :hula :hula

That's Groundhog Day, alright. :banana

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Groundhog day indeed JD. Reasoned discussion on this topic is obviously a waste of time

Liverpool said:
Australia is not a 2nd Islamic state of Iran....SO GET WITH THE PROGRAM OR GET OUT!!!!!  :mad:
I'm 4th generation Anglo Celtic Aussie, I am not with the program, I hate the bloody program, you can shove the program right up your clacker. I't smoko, I'm gunna go and burn a couple of flags out on the stairs where the smokers hang out, or the top left hand corner at least.

Ready

The future is unwritten
Aug 21, 2004
Richmond Vic 3121
You'll see the program soon enough, they repeat it ad nauseum. (The free-to-air networks need to do something to fill up their quota of local content.)

Presented by Tracey Grimshaw, it's all very exciting but in the end raises more questions than it answers.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tubytiger said:
I'm sorry about your groundhog day coming around again Liverpool and i didnt mean to start another thread about subjects gone before. I'll admit it was my fault and didnt look hard enough on this occassion in relation to other similar threads. But i do think this is a huge issue in relation to social peace in this country which really deserves opinion on this forum as I believe the way this is going not only in this country but all over the world it is just a time bomb ticking away.

Appreciate your forthright thoughts though mate. And others on here that have put forward their thoughts as well.
Tuby,
What are you sorry for...?
I'm not sorry at all for getting the chance to say my opinion on the race/immigration/religious topic again...and then watching all the 'lefties' coming in with their 2-cents worth! ;)
Its a good topic to discuss...whether people like my opinion or not...they're going to get it! ;D

Dyer'ere,
Whether you like it or not, its not a RACE issue, but like Chelsea said...its a RELIGIOUS one.
But go ahead....put your head back in the sand... ::)

Tigersnake,
So reasoned discussion is again only when people agree with the 'left'? ::)
I suppose you were one of the ones who disagreed with the newspapers printing the cartoons, even though 'freedom of speech' is one of the lefts criteria for years?
And you want to burn the Union Jack....aha....and replace it with what, the Aboriginal flag instead? or?
How about just a big green square, seeing that green is the colour of Islam? :-X ...that should keep the minority happy, surely? :hihi