• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Racial tolerence

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
easy said:
I dont understand why you take it personally tt

I was calling out the language and technique, as i will everytime, in cyberspace and real life.

I wasnt being personal at all.

You may need to whistle at a higher frequency or try an easier target, or both
Yeah, it’s a full time gig being a SJW on the Internet. But hey, a wise, informed, knowledgeable old owl like you, you’re the man for the job, you know stuff.

But I didn’t mean to drag you away from making your 1648th post on the George Pell thread so I’ll let you get back to that.

E

easy_tiger

tigertim said:
Yeah, it’s a full time gig being a SJW on the Internet. But hey, a wise, informed, knowledgeable old owl like you, you’re the man for the job, you know stuff.

But I didn’t mean to drag you away from making your 1648th post on the George Pell thread so I’ll let you get back to that.
Cheers tim.

But im not old. I'll have my second rebirthday this Sept 30

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
On reading the article in the HS, the same incident came to mind. I posted something similar to tigertim at the HS, twice, in different forms. Neither made it past the moderator. Seems to be a bit of a double standard when it comes to racism, even if merely citing facts.

As said earlier, Varcoe has probably matured since then. Probably. I wouldn't really know unless the question was put to him.
My point, which i probably wasnt entirely clear about,

Was

1. Yes, as you say, theres barely a 19 yo on the planet doesnt say dumb things. Trent cotchin is an obvious exception.

2. Tim was pretending to be racially tolerant while being the opposite. In my opinion, thats insidious and possibly worse than straight intolerance.

3. Intolerance is like neopolitan icecream and tim is 100 % correct that I am intolerant. Its just a different flavour. I dont tolerate crooked bankers, pedophile cardinals, racism, essendon or sydney supporters. Lets call it chocolate? The intolerance i call out consistently, on here and in the real world is different and ill give you a clue, its not strawberry.

Anyway, to change the subject slightly.

I have a question ive been thinking about and its not directed at anyone, its to the floor.

How come the aboriginal friends of white people who talk about their aboriginal friends are always 'elders' or 'fullblooded', or some other type of perceived dignatory? Why dont white people with young, everyday multi-racial aboriginal friends talk about their aboriginal friends?

Is it the same principal as everyone who is reincarnated was a zulu princess?

Is it straight anthropology 'noble savage' theory?

Im interested in peoples thoughts

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
easy said:
2. Tim was pretending to be racially tolerant while being the opposite. In my opinion, thats insidious and possibly worse than straight intolerance.
In your warped “anything that’s said about indigenous people is intolerant” world.

You sir are an ass clown.

E

easy_tiger

tigertim said:
In your warped “anything that’s said about indigenous people is intolerant” world.

You sir are an ass clown.
There are a few indicators in this post that, cognitively speaking, youre a class 2 horse Tim.

And im not being mean, its just horses for courses.

And this is not The All Star Mile,

So it would be quite unfair for me to continue.

All the best.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
easy said:
There are a few indicators in this post that, cognitively speaking, youre a class 2 horse Tim.

And im not being mean, its just horses for courses.

And this is not The All Star Mile,

So it would be quite unfair for me to continue.

All the best.
Cool, thanks for not continuing with me, coz we both know your on such a higher intellectual plane than I that it would be unfair ::)

E

easy_tiger

tigertim said:
Cool, thanks for not continuing with me, coz we both know your on such a higher intellectual plane than I that it would be unfair ::)

Like i said, dont be discouraged.

There will be plenty of discussion around where youlle be fine.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
easy said:
Like i said, dont be discouraged.

There will be plenty of discussion around where youlle be fine.
True, maybe thoroughbred one, couldn’t do worse than you or Leysy. :hihi

E

easy_tiger

tigertim said:
True, maybe thoroughbred one, couldn’t do worse than you or Leysy. :hihi
Leysy is pretty much feeding and shoeing my kids at the moment.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
easy said:
One man's "insidious" is another's "tactful". Let's face it, no matter how carefully one points out flaws involving a minority group, somebody is going to take offence and perceive it as an attack and kick up a fuss in order to silence future comment.

E

easy_tiger

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
One man's "insidious" is another's "tactful".
Ah yes. Andrew Bolt, master of tact.

One man's basketcase is another man's paralympian.

We're lurching windward where even the crazy pc fun police gone mad, fear to tread.

What is an ass clown suppose to do exactly? juggle anal beads? Ride around on a donkey with a red nose and big shoes? What?

Its not a term ive ever heard

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
easy said:

We're lurching windward where even the crazy pc fun police gone mad, fear to tread.

What is an ass clown suppose to do exactly? juggle anal beads? Ride around on a donkey with a red nose and big shoes? What?

This should help: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=assclown

E

easy_tiger

tigertim said:
This should help: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=assclown
Checked it out and am some the wiser.

I wouldnt rate it as a great insult.

But can fully appreaciate why you'de use it

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
easy said:

Well I think Tim's point was well made and didn't require further comment (except perhaps that Varcoe was young at the time, which we all acknowledge). However I think you've inflamed things with the "dog whistling" accusation.

E

easy_tiger

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Well I think Tim's point was well made and didn't require further comment (except perhaps that Varcoe was young at the time, which we all acknowledge). However I think you've inflamed things with the "dog whistling" accusation.
Unfortunately i dont accept that.

Dog whistling, back handed compliment, sheep in wolves clothing. Theres any number of ways to point to it.

I hope you can see the irony that you are playing the dog in this instance L2?

Anyways, if you cant tease out the issues of racism, subtle, overt, casual, formal, deliberate, unwitting, grand or petite, on the racial intolerance thread,

Then where can ya?

Why are people so terrified of having their language or behaviour labelled as racist?

I dont really get it. If racism was indeed your intent, then having it pointed out is validation that your point was well made. If racism was not your intent, then having it pointed out is an opportunity to learn and grow.

Yeah i dont get it. But theres heaps i dont get.

tigertim said:
Ah yes, when struggling throw in an irrelevent Bolt reference... that'll sort em out...
Yeah, cause arse clown is right on point

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
easy said:
Yeah, but its clearly gotten to you :hihi

But yeah, next time I'll attempt a try hard insult in yet another failed attempt at "irreverent humour" ....

LeeToRainesToRoach

Get out Gillon
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
easy said:
Unfortunately i dont accept that.

Dog whistling, back handed compliment, sheep in wolves clothing. Theres any number of ways to point to it.

I hope you can see the irony that you are playing the dog in this instance L2?

Anyways, if you cant tease out the issues of racism, subtle, overt, casual, formal, deliberate, unwitting, grand or petite, on the racial intolerance thread,

Then where can ya?

Why are people so terrified of having their language or behaviour labelled as racist?

I dont really get it. If racism was indeed your intent, then having it pointed out is validation that your point was well made. If racism was not your intent, then having it pointed out is an opportunity to learn and grow.

Yeah i dont get it. But theres heaps i dont get.

It’s your right to question language (although you weren’t really questioning, your mind was made up).

But that’s not the real issue, is it?

It was better left unsaid, but where did Varcoe learn those attitudes?

Racism isn’t more tolerable when it comes from a minority group.

E

easy_tiger

tigertim said:
Yeah, but its clearly gotten to you :hihi
It really did nothing other than expose yourself Tim.

Was it you who called me out for using the term 'spastic' a while back?

Maybe it was someone else and no way am i gonna go find it, and it doesnt really matter anyway.

So, i used to use the term alot and someone called me on it. Went so far back they quoted gollywog using it.

And im pretty sure i went something like

" Yes, I said that. yes its derogatory, offensive and inappropriate and i apologise to those offended and wont use it again .....(+some poor attempt at humour)"

Then i never said it again using a keyboard or my mouth.

I dont why its so hard? I really dont.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
It’s your right to question language (although you weren’t really questioning, your mind was made up).

But that’s not the real issue, is it?

It was better left unsaid, but where did Varcoe learn those attitudes?

Racism isn’t more tolerable when it comes from a minority group.
All very reasonable observations and question in my opinion L2