• PRE should be functioning as per usual. Please email admin@puntroadend.com to report anything odd that is occuring over the next few days as we settle a few database issues.

Racial tolerence

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
easy said:
It really did nothing other than expose yourself Tim.

Was it you who called me out for using the term 'spastic' a while back?

Maybe it was someone else and no way am i gonna go find it, and it doesnt really matter anyway.

So, i used to use the term alot and someone called me on it. Went so far back they quoted gollywog using it.

And im pretty sure i went something like

" Yes, I said that. yes its derogatory, offensive and inappropriate and i apologise to those offended and wont use it again .....(+some poor attempt at humour)"

Then i never said it again using a keyboard or my mouth.

I dont why its so hard? I really dont.
As usual your incoherent ramblings are lost on me.

E

easy_tiger

tigertim said:
As usual your incoherent ramblings are lost on me.
Sweet.

I take that as high praise indeed.

Ive got cows and weed to spray and govt subsidies to justify.

Au revoir

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
TigerForce said:
Do the Irish Protestants really wear orange today on St Patrick's Day?
Is that a riddle?
Went to NI early 2000s... the communal division that was still evident, the fortress like police stations, the armoured police car and shuttered shops in the centre of Derry, the painted cobblestone to signify Protestant area, the wall in Belfast Made me quite uneasy, Centuries of history, hard to see it being totally eliminated within a generation but hope it is heading in the right direction.

One thing that floored me was how compact the Bogside was And how impoverished it looked .... Wouldn't be bigger than the punt Rd, Lennox St, Swan St, Ricmond Terrace block.

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Bali/Jakarta
22nd Man said:
Is that a riddle?
Went to NI early 2000s... the communal division that was still evident, the fortress like police stations, the armoured police car and shuttered shops in the centre of Derry, the painted cobblestone to signify Protestant area, the wall in Belfast Made me quite uneasy, Centuries of history, hard to see it being totally eliminated within a generation but hope it is heading in the right direction.
At significant risk now because of the potential of the reintroduction of a hard border between ROI and NI due to Brexit.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
22nd Man said:
Is that a riddle?

One thing that floored me was how compact the Bogside was And how impoverished it looked .... Wouldn't be bigger than the punt Rd, Lennox St, Swan St, Ricmond Terrace block.
Hasn't it been like this for decades? I've always heard it's their sign to detest Catholics on this day by wearing their flag colour.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
Thought the West Coast video released yesterday with Bateman narrating was simple yet very powerful & thought provoking. Reckon it would give a lot of people pause to think. Hopefully leads to change.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
This, on the friendship between a devout Muslim and a devout Christian, in Texas is most excellent.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/remembering-sabika-sheikh-pakistani-student-killed-santa-fe-school-shooting/

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
scottyturnerscurse said:
This, on the friendship between a devout Muslim and a devout Christian, in Texas is most excellent.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/remembering-sabika-sheikh-pakistani-student-killed-santa-fe-school-shooting/
Great read. Thanks for posting.
Very touching on so many fronts.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Well done Nicky. An iconic moment in the history of our game.

1562400252549.png

Reactions: 5 users