Radio calls of gf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Radio calls of gf

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Thanks guys for these - first half of 3aw done. (Edit I meant MMM and just finished the 2nd half)

That useless Darcy reckon that Mummet went the boof in the first qtr, didn’t realise Cotch tackled him to the ground. They are all barracking for gws except for Judd who was also making some good comments re the tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
ABC. Sleepfest.
MMM. Good, I like Bradshaw a good footy commentator. Darcy is a kokhead
Sen. Pinocchio can’t call footy games, too plastic.. fake excitement . Huddo has lost it. Lyon is ok.
3aw. Very good. Like Tim lane
Krock. Not listening to it. It’s made in Geelong.

bdr

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
Thanks guys for posting all the links, much appreciated!!!

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thought SEN's call was sensational, Huddo a brilliant commentator and if you would enjoy Garry Lyon time and again having to admit how good we are this is the one for you, (mind you he had to change his tune pretty quickly after quarter time :D )

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thought SEN's call was sensational, Huddo a brilliant commentator and if you would enjoy Garry Lyon time and again having to admit how good we are this is the one for you, (mind you he had to change his tune pretty quickly after quarter time :D )
Yeah thought that about G. Lyon too Caesar. .... and agree that Huddo great. Not sure Whately is the best fit.... way too much trying to over interllectualise and be the smartest bloke in the box!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just been listening to Dribble M. Ya gotta listen to Brayshaws description of the big mummy attacking the tigers.... ffs I thought Cotch tackled the snorter. Never let the truth get in the way of their story!

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
15 minutes after the siren, 3aw spent 10 minutes talking about where the game should’ve been played.
Tim Lane said that the record is currently a 6-6 draw for interstate sides winning flags at the G since 1990.
Tim forget to mention 50% of those are against Collingwood :rotfl1

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Couple of comments:
I've listened to a few of these now and it's good getting the different perspectives on the game (with the added benefit of hindsight of course.

3AW was good - Tim Lane is my long time favorite - and also like Tony Leonard. Mathew Lloyd typically nauseating - and I often turn off 3AW when he's on - especially if he's on with Dwayne. But I enjoyed listening to him knowing how the game turned out.
Also managed to synch this with the Foxtel recording and it was good to watch the replay without the TV commentary (which was becoming too familiar)

SEN - I think all of their commentators referred to Vloss- stone rather than Vloss-tin - and that grated with me.
Anthony Hudson (I think it was) also called Mar-lyon all through the game. But then after the game they had a discussion about how it should be pronounced. Bit late!
Gary Lyon who I can't stand as a footy commentator or "expert" was actually almost OTT with praise for Richmond. He kept banging on about how he "loves watching Richmond play this way .. blah blah blah". I'm too much a cynical bustard that I just can't trust the bloke - and reckon it must have annoyed the bejeezus out of him. But on face value he was better than expected.

MMM: some also did the Vloss-stone but not all. Have never really listened to them before and I'm certainly not a Brayshaw fan - just verbal diarrhea.

Thanks to those for posting the links.
And I hope there's a DVD version with all the radio commentaries like last time.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Thanks mil for sharing those links.
Liked ABC best. McClure sounding a like an old warrior weakened greatly by age. Poor bugger.
3AW was fun.
Triple M unlistenable. Self congratulating twats.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just been doin the mowing and stuff in the cave.... Might not be everyone's go but I really enjoyed the KRock call.

Pretty funny in parts and I found Shaun Higgins's special coms really good. Big rap for the way we play. :)

TigerGlory

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
Just been doin the mowing and stuff in the cave.... Might not be everyone's go but I really enjoyed the KRock call.

Pretty funny in parts and I found Shaun Higgins's special coms really good. Big rap for the way we play. :)
It was surprisingly one of the best calls

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Could somebody please direct me to a link of the 5AA broadcast of the 2017 GF?
I can’t seem to find it....

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Could somebody please direct me to a link of the 5AA broadcast of the 2017 GF?
I can’t seem to find it....

G'day spacejunk, been trying to find it also and I did have partial success in that I got the link but I can't unzip the bloody file after I've downloaded it..... need a technical genius to explain to an old tiger how I achieve that!
Maybe you can let me know if you have any luck. ....:)

For some reason when you click on the attached link you'll need to scroll down to post #9 where some fella has provided the full 5aa coverage plus the aftermath I believe. ... good luck!

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
G'day spacejunk, been trying to find it also and I did have partial success in that I got the link but I can't unzip the bloody file after I've downloaded it..... need a technical genius to explain to an old tiger how I achieve that!
Maybe you can let me know if you have any luck. ....:)

For some reason when you click on the attached link you'll need to scroll down to post #9 where some fella has provided the full 5aa coverage plus the aftermath I believe. ... good luck!

Cheers mate, I’ll have a look.
I’m not very tech savvy myself, so may need to seek assistance.
Thanks again