Radio calls of gf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Radio calls of gf

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
2017 files

To zip and unzip for free - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4028088/windows-zip-and-unzip-files
Or download WinRAR or something on trial version for 40 days

Thanks for that

Have just started listening to 2017 5AA call.
It's literally only halfway into the first qtr but the commentators are giving it large for Matt Crouch
"he's been everywhere"
" ... what a star .."
"he's got the Norm Smith in the bank already ... I know it's only early .."

This is gonna be fun

• Haha

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Thanks for that

Have just started listening to 2017 5AA call.
It's literally only halfway into the first qtr but the commentators are giving it large for Matt Crouch
"he's been everywhere"
" ... what a star .."
"he's got the Norm Smith in the bank already ... I know it's only early .."

This is gonna be fun
At that point in time, they were on the money. Crouch and Sloane were everywhere and definately leading the NS - it was only early

The 5AA call was the best of the lot. Yes, they were parochial, as you'd expect and as their audience would want, but they could see what was happening and called it as it happened without (much) prejudice. They were very complimentary of the tiges

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
At that point in time, they were on the money. Crouch and Sloane were everywhere and definately leading the NS - it was only early

The 5AA call was the best of the lot. Yes, they were parochial, as you'd expect and as their audience would want, but they could see what was happening and called it as it happened without (much) prejudice. They were very complimentary of the tiges

Fair comment
By the 3rd qtr the main commentator (not Bickley) saw the writing on the wall and was acknowledging that Richmond were just too ferocious for them.

FWIW - I was thrown the first couple of times when they called Tom Lynch - and also JayJay although he (Jenkins) didn't end up getting called too many times coz he hardly not near it.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thought I'd build up some points, so been on the roof cleaning gutters etc and I put my music on shuffle and 10 minutes in I'm listening to the full ABC coverage of the GF.
Hadn't bothered previously as I thought it was just the match commentary.
Amongst the bits and pieces, they interviewed Jeremy Finlaysons mum who predicted we'd get smashed and also that her boy was extremely relaxed....! Obviously he forgot to unrelax:rotfl2

The other thing was that during the match and in the post mortem, Mark MacClure was extraordinarily effusive in his praise for the way we play, how we're coached and generally what the club has become and virtually everything they do!

Bloody Carlton blokes are gettin soft!

Reactions: 3 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Thought I'd build up some points, so been on the roof cleaning gutters etc and I put my music on shuffle and 10 minutes in I'm listening to the full ABC coverage of the GF.
Amongst the bits and pieces, they interviewed Jeremy Finlaysons mum who predicted we'd get smashed and also that her boy was extremely relaxed....! Obviously he forgot to unrelax:rotfl2

The other thing was that during the match and in the post mortem, Mark MacClure was extraordinarily effusive in his praise for the way we play, how we're coached and generally what the club has become and virtually everything they do!

Nonetheless, Jeremy Finlayson was a worthy winner of the second Josh Jenkins Scarlet Pimpernel Award.

Reactions: 5 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

Where can I get a copy aoc? I listened to their call driving home on the Sunday after in 2017 however they didn’t replay it on the Sunday arvo in 2019.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Where can I get a copy aoc? I listened to their call driving home on the Sunday after in 2017 however they didn’t replay it on the Sunday arvo in 2019.

Hi @WesternTiger as posted by @PowerForward ....... from memory I did experience some technical difficulties downloading them..... went with the old theory of just keep pushing buttons and presto:)

jgarg

Tiger Cub
May 6, 2005
Anyone has the 2019 SEN Prelim call?
I tried recording it but we had a power failure and missed most of the last quarter.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I wouldn't mind getting radio calls of the prelim as well.

My favorite call to listen to when exercising or killing time is the 5AA call of the 2017 Grand final. For an Adelaide based station, they called the Richmond win earlier than any Vic station. 5mins into the 3rd they called it for Richmond and were more in awe of what we were doing to the Crows than the Vic stations.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The Krock call is quite entertaining.
Yeah @Quickdraw I agree.... pretty amusing in parts.... the soldering iron!:eyes
What I liked is the blokes commentating didn’t take themselves too seriously. .... unlike some of the figjam fraternity. ....think Brayshaw and Darcy. Virtually unlistenable!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I wouldn't mind getting radio calls of the prelim as well.

My favorite call to listen to when exercising or killing time is the 5AA call of the 2017 Grand final. For an Adelaide based station, they called the Richmond win earlier than any Vic station. 5mins into the 3rd they called it for Richmond and were more in awe of what we were doing to the Crows than the Vic stations.

The 5AA call of the 2017 GF is really very good. They called it as they saw it and with some intelligent analysis. Disappointed? They sure were. Bit biased, well yeah. Accurate and insightful, they were really good. After so long without success I went looking for that call for a laugh, what I got was a very good call of the game. Kudos to them.

Now, I really would like a copy of the KRock call of the 2019 PF, any links?

DS

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yeah just started listening to 5aa call of the 2017 gf for the first time - agree it’s great.

Would love any links to the other 2017 or 2019 finals - particularly the 2 against the cats.