Radio calls of gf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Radio calls of gf

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
There was a link on another thread to a dropbox site. I got it using the T word no-one seems to want to mention, it is there along with the rest.

DS

there are T-sites and T-sites, give us a clue which one

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
I’ve heard the last quarter calls of 3AW, SEN and MMM.

fwiw My opinion:

3AW pretty good. Good balance of experienced caller, decent special comments and reasonable balance of bias. Great description of play and great energy. Tim Lane raises the bar for those around him.

SEN also a pretty decent listen, although personally I prefer the AW one. Gaddy very complimentary and sincere. Great to hear Whately have to pump up the energy into his call when he’s a cat man. I shouldn’t be so juvenile to take pleasure out of that, but it was sweet. Made even tastier with Huddo trying to hide his bias until it spilled out with a salty “get a room” comment at the end when Dusty and Dimma embraced. A glorious serving of sweet and sour. Suck it Duddo you jerk. But a listenable call regardless.

MMM a lamentably woeful call. You’d get more energy from a vfl home and away call, and you’d actually get some decent descriptions of what the heck was going on in the play. None of the bozos on that station can call radio... too used to silly antics tv waffle. No ability to paint a sonic picture of play like the pros on the other channels. And they clearly had no care for tigers winning. And the mistakes and just plain wrong ‘facts’ spouted was so unpro. Add to all that - because it’s FM you can really hear the stupid music the Gabba was blaring at every break (that must have been grating at the ground). I can listen to the other ones again. Not Darcy, Brayshaw, Judd and co. Just terrible

Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
DId anyone else find any more radio calls i listened to 3AW MMM ABC SEN calls so far

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I listened to KRock and it was quite good actually. They were clearly excited in the 2nd and disappointed in the last but they were honest about what was going on and decent analysis. Bit like 5AA in 2017, whcih was a very good call of the game.

Also got the DVD of the Grand Final to tide me over until the Finals pack comes out - it has no alternate calls of the game from the radio. No idea why not, it has always had them before. Feel a bit cheated really.

DS

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
ive listened to them ,I listen while driving

thought SEN was the best , but I also listened to it fairly soon after the game when i was still up and about ,

Thought triple m was the worst ,

3AW and ABC ok , found ABC on you tube ,

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
K Rock call is on YouTube

Thanks @dmc I stumbled across these (some may have already been posted) ..... so for any other knuckleheads like myself having trouble with all that T *smile* and dropbox crap here are the rest of them.

3AW

SEN

MMM

ABC

Reactions: 5 users