Rance Announces He Will Return to Play | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rance Announces He Will Return to Play

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Rance Announces He Will Return to Play
By Belle Basha for spittle.com

Champion Richmond full-back Alex Rance has announced that he will return to play out the 2020 season for the Tigers.

“I left footy to devote more time to my religion and family,” Rance explained. “However, my family wanted to spend less time with me, and then coronavirus stopped me from doing God’s work. I think He is trying to tell me something.”

Rance revealed that his initial work spreading the word of the Jehovah’s Witnesses had not been without incident. “Door-knocking is more subtle than playing football,” he said. “I went the fist and busted a few doors in, but at least that fire-and-brimstone approach encouraged them to take my copies of The Watchtower.

But with lockdown conditions imposed, Rance’s door-knocking duties were no longer required and the Jehovah’s Witnesses stood him down. “I’m going to need football to earn a living because the ATO has refused our request for a JehovahKeeper allowance.”

Rance said he supported the idea of the AFL season resuming in hubs. “It would be nice for a change to be locked in with people, and my literature, rather than having the door slammed in my face,” he said, adding that the prospect of spending months on end with his teammates would be no issue.

“We’ve often spent extended periods of time away from our families,” he said. “Maybe the players would be more enthusiastic if the hubs were in Bali and Las Vegas like every normal season.”

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Found the JW jokes a bit lame, but I did laugh at the last line...

“We’ve often spent extended periods of time away from our families,” he said. “Maybe the players would be more enthusiastic if the hubs were in Bali and Las Vegas like every normal season.”