Rance replacement | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rance replacement

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Now that Rance has decided to retire.
What oprions do we have?
The starting Back 6
Grimes
Broad
Astbury
Big v
Houli
Stack .

Back up
Balta.. struggling through preseason.
Carthwaite... slower then johnny manton.
Callam Moore.. try him as a key running defender, similiar body shape to Rance, not slow..

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
For someone that was ripping into Rance and telling everyone who would listen that his *smile*, you seem to be acting like you rate him now.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Yep it's tricky now. Long term from the stocks we have, Balta or Biggie seem best bets. Either of Dave or Dyl go down and a big reshuffle will be required.

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Chol?

Won the flag this year without him. Life goes on without him.

That said though, he will be missed one of the greats.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Chol?

Won the flag this year without him. Life goes on without him.

That said though, he will be missed one of the greats.

Chol not a defender for mine. We don't need a direct replacement as Rance wasn't in the premiership 22 anyway. It's depth we need, someone to step up when needed. Garthwaite and Balta are the two existing options for mine but really think we need to use the SSP to source another solid key defender (I noted Beasley in the Rance thread but I'm sure there are others around).

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That number 18 won't be worn by some other player for a while yet.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Can't understand why people think Broad is the first one to get dropped not mentioning you. Would be first picked in my team tuff as nails versatile.

Exactly, he might not have touched it many times in the finals series , but either did his opponent and that's more important. Does no one remember the game on Hipwood in the 1st final.

Reactions: 4 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
Isn't Ben Miller being groomed as a KPD? Might be make or break year for him, can he step up to the big league if required?

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Balta and Miller now have certain target as a KPD. Would back Balta long term

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Isn't Ben Miller being groomed as a KPD? Might be make or break year for him, can he step up to the big league if required?

Miller a mile off. Goes missing at VFL level, can't see how he ever makes an AFL standard player, let alone a good one

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
For someone that was ripping into Rance and telling everyone who would listen that his ****, you seem to be acting like you rate him now.

I dont care that he has retired. The club will still be here tommorow Good luck to him.
But why now? Retire in September or August when the club could've done something with the freed up cash.
How about the draft? We could've targeted defenders instead of midfielders.

Wherever why you look at it with him in 2018 we got slapped, without him we won a GF by 15 goals.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Balta would be my pick. He’s like a younger version of Rance, but with a bigger kick. Probably doesn’t have Rance’s smarts, though.