Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
All over twitter. The door is slightly open. RFC need to (if not already) CONVINCE Alex that
- life balance is playing on for a few more years whilst we support the establishment of his outside football activities.
- Nepal in November - tick (just dont freeze your toes off)
- The alure of the fun, play, Richmond Man, team, comradeship and so on.

Just keep at him till one Monday his Jepp is in the car park and his start running laps! Perhaps the lack of social media acknowledgments was many truly believe he would not be able to stay away. With his comments today he is fighting a temptation to continue doing what he loves (playing AFL), over to you Peggy/Brendan/Santa (Balme) and leadership team to talk Alex back to Punt road and show him that he can have both AFL and other interests in his life. We can help him establish his post football career while playing the next 2-3 seasons. If not a legend already he can become a multiple premiership player at Richmond.

To date the lure to come back has been commented by everyone bar Alex, today the door has officially been left open and it would be negligent of us not to convince him now is the time to come back to training, do a mini pre season and get him right to play in 5-6 weeks !

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If he comes back it will be a nice surprise and bonus. But for our own sanity we should just accept he's no longer an AFL player.

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
The Age has a story online

Rance 'not going to completely rule out' return to footy
The 2017 premiership player and five-time All Australian told RRR radio on Monday morning that he is happy with the balance he has found, but is keeping an open mind on his future.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Cant have this 'what if' hanging over the club. It will be asked by every journo at every opportunity.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I want him to return to playing with us as much as anyone but I’m worried about the distraction. As long as he knows (which I’m sure he does), that the club want him back that’s all it/we can do. Park it until he decides he wants footy/Richmond again.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
got enthused a month back when jurnos where speculating, this is the first time he, himself has opened the door.... very different to hypothetical journalism of 4 weeks ago. If he makes comments like that, as others have said, it can be a distraction we can do without. Come round 2-3 he has either missed the game so much he will decide to play again or this is just the separation anxiety that comes with abrupt decision to call it a day.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Come on Alex. You're either in or you're out. You know what's involved, the input required, the output you get. No allowances for you. Your call

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Stop playing with around Rance, you know you want back in.

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
Come on Alex. You're either in or you're out. You know what's involved, the input required, the output you get. No allowances for you. Your call

Created some fantastic media hype around the launch of his new childrens book though...

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I’ll have a dollar that he plays else where next year
If this is the case, and I'd pop a fiver on it (Not that I'm a betting person), it does give some weight to the story there has been some type of incident at the club where he's not welcome back. Otherwise, he'd come back to us, premiership window and all that. If it's not us, nothing else seems to make sense.

Reactions: 1 users