Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I was under the impression that there has been a deal done with Alex , a settlement of his contract.
a monetary resolution for 2020 yes, thatere has been no mechanism for us to delist him yet, we will need to wait for the first list lodgement to do so, if in fact we do

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
a monetary resolution for 2020 yes, thatere has been no mechanism for us to delist him yet, we will need to wait for the first list lodgement to do so, if in fact we do
Are you saying that includes a clearance to his club of choice?
I hope not.
If he retires he doesn’t get paid. But he is still on our list as a Richmond player and if he decides to come out of his retirement and wish to play with another club, then as long as he is still a contracted player his club of choice has to satisfy our demands.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
As great as he was on field I think Rances biggest influence was off field around the club, he provided a lot of the buzz and energy around the place and the levity with his clown antics.

Kidding? The best defender of the generation a bigger influence off field? He was worth 2 players on the field.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I wonder how he's feeling about the Witnesses being one of only five groups in Australia that didn't join the child abuse redress scheme, after being named by the Royal Commission as an institution that did not ‘adequately protect’ children from abuse.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
No, I am
Are you saying that includes a clearance to his club of choice?
I hope not.
If he retires he doesn’t get paid. But he is still on our list as a Richmond player and if he decides to come out of his retirement and wish to play with another club, then as long as he is still a contracted player his club of choice has to satisfy our demands.
just saying that even if we wanted to delist him, we cant until the appropriate time - i.e. List lodgement period

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I wonder how he's feeling about the Witnesses being one of only five groups in Australia that didn't join the child abuse redress scheme, after being named by the Royal Commission as an institution that did not ‘adequately protect’ children from abuse.
They really should be asking all those higher profile witnesses what they think of the JV response. If rance is so committed to them probably don’t want him back.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Not sure that the Club cares much for Rance has planned for the future ... even if it is playing elsewhere.
Don't think Rance will be welcome back to Punt Road for a while.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
If so then its a shame as he was a champion footballer who helped take us on a ride of a lifetime

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Rance won't play for RFC again. The players have seen and will continue to see to that.
Rance transgressed the "Richmond Man" ethos in too serious a way for him to be accepted back by the current playing list.

Any hint as to why that may be the case?

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Similar to Oldy, don't really like speaking of one of our recent greats like this.

One of our very best over the past 10 years and weve had a few, will always be a RFC champion, was a privilidge to watch his games!

Reactions: 9 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Without knowing anything at all about what went down , Ive thought this from the get go . I do think though that he has a crack somewhere next year and if I’m right it will be a cellar dweller