Ray Chamberlain is a c.............. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ray Chamberlain is a c..............

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
How could the players have heard who had the free. He never said who and he didn't point. Should have been dropped for that alone.

Said exactly the same. It was an umpiring error that gifted Geelong that goal. And he doesn’t get admonished for it - he fn gets the GF. AFL the most corrupt organisation. Let’s just hope that poor umpiring does NOTdecide the GF.

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
There will be no rayning in. With an international audience of 100 million to watch lil ray strut his stuff. Hopefully the players don't interrupt his performance too much.
No doubt he'll be onstage after the game singing "what about me"

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yes there is, the onus is on the player to return the ball correctly. Doesn't matter if there was a correct signal, incorrect signal or no signal.

Cotchin shouldn't throw it until he is clear who he should throw it to and if in doubt he should ask the umpire, just as he would have if he had known it was a free to the opposition.

or the twat could have said "Freekick Geelong" like he's probably been trained to do and we'd have no issue here. RC definitely at fault here for not signalling/calling who's free it was. Cotchin's wrong throw is a direct result of the Ump not doing what he should have done when awarding a free.

Reactions: 8 users

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
Sorry but that is a cop out.

When it suits them every single AFL wastes time with a theatrical who do I throw this to routine, which includes at least three confirmations with the umpire before they throw the ball as slowly as possible.

They can't have it both ways.
You can’t just blow the whistle and say push! and expect the players to be mind readers. It was Ray’s mistake. It’s his job to clearly communicate to the players who the free is to even if he just say which team!

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I wonder if the crowds from now on could be convinced to shout en masse ‘look at me!’ every time Ray makes a decision.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yes there is, the onus is on the player to return the ball correctly. Doesn't matter if there was a correct signal, incorrect signal or no signal.

Cotchin shouldn't throw it until he is clear who he should throw it to and if in doubt he should ask the umpire, just as he would have if he had known it was a free to the opposition.

Did you even see the incident? Of course it matters It's the umpire's job to be clear who's free it is. If Cotchin held onto the ball Razor would have paid the 50 anyway for not getting it back quick enough. How anyone can defend Razor in this instance. He cocked it up badly both with awarding a free for a dive and paying the 50 and not being clear gifting Geelong a goal 30 seconds before the end of the quarter. Should not have received a GF gig. There are much better umpires. It's jobs for mates.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
You can’t just blow the whistle and say push! and expect the players to be mind readers. It was Ray’s mistake. It’s his job to clearly communicate to the players who the free is to even if he just say which team!

He should also signal immediately the direction of the free, he didn't do that. It was poor umpiring.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
True. When I say pay every free, I mean the blatant ones (holding the man, throwing the ball) not incidental contact. My issue is with the license to cheat 'let it go' gives players. Punish the blokes who are deliberately cheating.

Agree.

More frees = cleaner tactics = more consistency

Less frees = dirtier tactics = more missed frees = less consistency

The GWS ruckman kicking a goal from a ruck contest after pushing his opponent out... that non-free won them the game. Why wouldn’t you break the rules?

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
He probably said to his wife
"Darling, the AFL have given me the grand final.
There will be no rayning in. With an international audience of 100 million to watch lil ray strut his stuff. Hopefully the players don't interrupt his performance too much.
No doubt he'll be onstage after the game singing "what about me"

I can almost imagine the conversation between Razor Ray and his wife when he got home after hearing he had the gig.

RR: "Darling, i've sold out the Grand Final! Hmmmm i can't wait to run out there waving my arms around taking in the crowd, all there to watch me"!

Mrs Chaimberpot: I don't think they are there to watch you!

RR: Of course they are darling, they love me!

Mrs Chaimberpot: Nobody loves you.

RR: You do!

Mrs Chaimberpot: No i don't

RR: Of course you do, why else would you marry me!

Mrs Chaimberpot: Because i love fishing and you've got worms you stupid little flog!

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Surely Ray Chambermaid gets bounced from the rest of the finals.
You need to be able to bounce the ball Ray, you talk a pretty good talk though......not.