Ray Chamberlain is a c.............. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ray Chamberlain is a c..............

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
I think that's a good point Antman, and I agree.

I alos think it's why you rarely hear us whinge about losing free kick counts. We understand our style lends itself to giving free kicks away and we are happy to risk that.
Or why you don’t hear the club whinge about the free kick count. We whinge about it all the time

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think that's a good point Antman, and I agree.

I alos think it's why you rarely hear us whinge about losing free kick counts. We understand our style lends itself to giving free kicks away and we are happy to risk that.

Yes. I think conscious or even unconscious bias plays a very small part in our free kick-against count. I think home state bias (eg West Coast at home) exists to an extent.

The "whole umpires are killing us" trope is mildly amusing but becomes tedious after a while.

I still think Treloar throws the ball all the time though.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Or why you don’t hear the club whinge about the free kick count. We whinge about it all the time
Other clubs do whinge/hint about it. Dimma just doesn't take the risk. We whinge cos we're a forum of supporters who wouldn't be on the news headlines.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
This is one of the many things that annoys me about the string of cliches that passes for modern football commentary. Every week Dusty gets HTB paid against him. His is a risk-taking creative and confident player. He takes the game on. Thus he often gets pinged for HTB. But because he is known for the "don't argue" you get the lazy, "geez you don't see that often, Dusty caught for HTB!!". Actually he has always been prone to it.

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
This is one of the many things that annoys me about the string of cliches that passes for modern football commentary. Every week Dusty gets HTB paid against him. His is a risk-taking creative and confident player. He takes the game on. Thus he often gets pinged for HTB. But because he is known for the "don't argue" you get the lazy, "geez you don't see that often, Dusty caught for HTB!!". Actually he has always been prone to it.

Similar to “you don’t often see Steele Sidebottom miss a target” and “unusual handball from Treloar”

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Similar to “you don’t often see Steele Sidebottom miss a target” and “unusual handball from Treloar”
Or (insert smooth looking left footers name here) "never wastes a disposal" but they have a DE % the same as everyone else and (often do waste a disposal!)

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Even if the Clangerfield 50m penalty was technically correct (ball not delivered to the free kick recipient) - how on earth was Lynch not entitled to a 50m penalty when he was having a shot from about 50m out and a Geelong player clearly encroached “the area”?

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Even if the Clangerfield 50m penalty was technically correct (ball not delivered to the free kick recipient) - how on earth was Lynch not entitled to a 50m penalty when he was having a shot from about 50m out and a Geelong player clearly encroached “the area”?

Ryan was in charge of that one.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Shocking decisions - the fact we are talking about them is enough.

Danger dive.

Was it Selwood who threw the ball over his head on the southern stand wing late in the game that went straight to a Geelong player.

It’s the frees we don’t get that frustrates more when they give them to the opposition.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ray is a fanboy.!
Never forget his blatant love fest for Buddy Franklin to single handedly keep them in the game. He was like a puppy humping buddies leg all night.. Bud would just ask for a free and he,d get one. Was blatantl and terrible officiating.

Same with Dangerflog, and same with Grundy

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

It was technically correct but Chambermaid was so slow with the signal that Houli assumed it was his as clearly wasn't a free to Clangerfield. If Chambermaid actually signalled the free kick at the same time as blowing the whistle instead of thinking like the show pony that he was then the players wouldn't have had to assume who's free it was.

How the one on Lynch was paid astounds me. Ryan was standing maybe 5-10m away from Lynch, clear sight, when Stewart comes from outside the protected area, straight through and actually blocked lynch from kicking. Astounding. Thankfully it didn't matter as Lynch found Prestia and he goaled but still.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Shocking decisions - the fact we are talking about them is enough.

Danger dive.

Was it Selwood who threw the ball over his head on the southern stand wing late in the game that went straight to a Geelong player.

It’s the frees we don’t get that frustrates more when they give them to the opposition.

Yep was Selwood, the most blatant throw you will see. Double handed.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Agree. The only positive from last night was the umpiring was the best all year, cannot remember a really bad decision
Haven't watched the replay yet. But I'm pretty sure Duckwood has changed his name to Chuck. Some shocking double handed over the head throws last night were completely missed, not to mention the blatant 50 metre penalty that the Lynch man didn't receive.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
I hope he(Razor) misses out on the GF on the crap he served up last night. Pathetic. Diving Dog Danger act all he said was push. He didnt specify player, thus the mixup. Technically the 50m was there but his error first that caused the confusing

I truly hope the AFL fine Danger and that other diving flog dog Miers who had 3 attempts to win the diving Gold medal but Danger won that win Razor holding a 10 sign

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Surely no grand final for him.
Just gets it wrong on the big stage.