Rd 19 V Handbaggers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rd 19 V Handbaggers

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Apparently they have asked Gilquarters for the game to be moved to sleepy hollow.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
As much as we hate the place, it's hard to argue that, unless the number that can attend is done strictly by percentage of ground capacity.
It is a Geelong home game. The only argument to play it at the G is if more people can go.

But the most telling thing about this is even in our dire state and with them on top of the ladder, the Cants are still afraid of us.

Quote from Chris Snott:
"There are 11 home games and there are 11 away games. Every club should choose where they play their 11 home games."

Almost common ground here ... does it apply to Richmond, too?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
based on our form at the G and our inability to run out games, would probably prefer to play there.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Who determines the away team's allocation of tickets? Is it the home team, or does the AFL specify a certain number or percentage that needs to be allocated to the away team?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
As much as we hate the place, it's hard to argue that, unless the number that can attend is done strictly by percentage of ground capacity.
It is a Geelong home game. The only argument to play it at the G is if more people can go.

But the most telling thing about this is even in our dire state and with them on top of the ladder, the Cants are still afraid of us.

Quote from Chris Snott:
"There are 11 home games and there are 11 away games. Every club should choose where they play their 11 home games."

Almost common ground here ... does it apply to Richmond, too?

They never let it go do they……

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
My God, they’re desperate for that elusive final shot at a flag this year aren’t they :rolleyes::rotfl2

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
I hope they do move the game to KP. Can’t think of anything I’d enjoy more than ripping these perennial pretenders a new one on their home deck. They are beatable anywhere. Bring it on. Go you tigers!

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Can someone please tell C Scott to STFU about shorter quarters?

Never heard such blatant, self-interested whinging from someone considered to be a “statesman” of the game.

Between that *smile*, S Hocking, stand rule, Whateley with his similar quarter length obsession, and Gil himself, I just can’t help but feel that at some point Geelong is going to be gifted a flag they don’t really deserve. Leaving behind a game no one recognises.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I hope they do move the game to KP. Can’t think of anything I’d enjoy more than ripping these perennial pretenders a new one on their home deck. They are beatable anywhere. Bring it on. Go you tigers!
Sorry. The AFL have spoken, NO move.
Game at the MCG

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Never heard such blatant, self-interested whinging from someone considered to be a “statesman” of the game.

Between that *smile*, S Hocking, stand rule, Whateley with his similar quarter length obsession, and Gil himself, I just can’t help but feel that at some point Geelong is going to be gifted a flag they don’t really deserve. Leaving behind a game no one recognises.
yep this salty prick plants the seed and the media run with it until it becomes law.

always trying to influence change to suit his team

who made this *smile* the godfather of the game anyway?

home and away coach of the year

yet can't win a flag of his own

and hope he never does

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Will be interesting when his brother gets SHocking's job.

• Sad

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Of course it should be at the cattery, but LIKE all decisions in this mickey mouse comp it makes a mockery of "decisions" the AFL make.

one of many decisions they make, and then they wonder why people are losing interest in the game.

Tell ya one thing for nothing local footy is the way to go, first and foremost is the umpiring is so easy to comprehend!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Who determines the away team's allocation of tickets? Is it the home team, or does the AFL specify a certain number or percentage that needs to be allocated to the away team?

good point. I think it was Cats V dogs moved there a month or so back, and there was about 100 dogs fans in there.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Out dusty Mcintosh
In Edwards Ross

Key outs
Balta broad Mcintosh Dusty vlastuin houli Prestia

Covered by
Chol Garthwaite Ross Parker aarts Mansell stack

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Swing Chol back to help grimes and Garthwaite

to swing Mabs to defence, after his breakout game forward, and a month of defensive incompetence (I just cant gild that lily)

is unfathomable I think TF.

Reactions: 2 users