Rd 5 Ticketing v Aints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rd 5 Ticketing v Aints

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Going with a clan of saints members ... Could be fun if in their members area but sounds like seat allocation is pretty random. By the way AFL needs to end this farce, crowds have not exactly been flocking back despite missing a whole season. I am the antithesis of reserved seat fan, I just want to turn up with who I want to go with on the day. Use whatever membership card I need at the gate.

Reactions: 1 user

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Correct with your barcode you won't see maps of seats to pick but for GA you can, go figure!

On this link as soon as you open it you will see prices and seating areas on the right and map on the left, as soon as you click on any blue rectangle it opens up into choosing your own seat. https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/st-kilda-v-richmond-docklands-15-04-2021/event/25005A88A6BD3F8E

Not using my barcode though.

Still, Row B will be fun, that's where you really hear how hard the game is as the players bang into each other.

DS

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
As far as the ticketing companies are concerned, people applying for GA seats are not yet customers until they buy the ticket. The ticketing companies want to see these people have a pleasant experience in controlling their ticket allocation.

Reserved seat customers have already paid their money and they can just get the tickets that the ticketing companies see as giving the most benefit to the ticketing companies.

That's the benefit they have for being given a multi-year monopoly agreement by the stadiums.

• Sad

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the ticket situation is a real turn off,despite the reasons it is implemented for.

I was listening to SEN last night. think its Sam Hargreaves that does the post 6pm show nowadays? There was a debate about ticketing and people calling in to complain. Yes, the ticketing isn't perfect… But gee whiz, you know you’ve got it good when our biggest issue is the ticketing system, when literally the whole planet wishes they were in our position.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Anyone else getting a "we can't load your tickets right now" message when trying to view their tickets?

Wouldn't want this message when trying to get in.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Anyone else getting a "we can't load your tickets right now" message when trying to view their tickets?

Wouldn't want this message when trying to get in.

That can be a problem, even more so if you have trouble getting a signal when you go to enter the ground.

First thing to do is, once you can load the tickets (it should turn up, mine took a few minutes yesterday) take a screen shot and you can use the screen shot to enter the ground.

The second thing I do is to copy the screen shot off the phone and into a word file and I print it. A printed ticket just works better when entering the ground and it also means I can just give these out to the people I am going with when we meet at the ground. Print is compelling technology!

DS

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
When it rains, it pours!

I've got 2 tickets to the Medalion club if anyone is interested.

They cost me $15 each

Level 2
Secton12
Row B
Seats 37 and 38