Rd 7 VFL Side v Franga Thursday night | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rd 7 VFL Side v Franga Thursday night

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Will also get to see a couple of ex RFC VFL players playing for Franga

Bailey Lambert - Craig's son
Connor Riley - on our VFL list in 2018, 2019 & 2020

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Is this still on ?

The ground is a few hundred metres from my house , I’d be a slack bastard not to go .

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Balmey had a big whinge about the VFL fixturing. We can't stop whinging

Richmond senior advisor Neil Balme is frustrated with the revamped VFL and the fixturing of Thursday night games.

The Tigers have been scheduled to face Frankston on Thursday night in the ‘prime-time’ game that will be shown on Fox Footy.

Richmond’s AFL team doesn’t play until Sunday however and Balme said the gap made it almost impossible to manage.

“Tomorrow we go to Frankston to play them and the rest of our team doesn’t play until Sunday,” he told SEN SA on Wednesday.

“How the hell do you think we’re imagining that? Not too well. I think they’ve gone mad, personally.

“To me we should have just played Victorian VFL teams against each other and let Sydney and Brisbane look after themselves in a way. I think they were worried about the level of competition so we’re all in this East Coast thing or whatever the hell it’s called.

“It’s a bit of a nightmare and it’s quite difficult to manage, I must say.

“I get it, but it’s really difficult to manage. We’re probably only going to play eight of our kids in it because we don’t know who is going to be needed for Sunday yet. You can’t play them on Thursday and then on Sunday. It’s quite a challenge.

“We did talk to the AFL about it several times, but they said, ‘too bad, so sad, we’ve got the TV game and you’re playing’. Ah well.

“We’re not that happy with it, but it’s probably better than what we’ve had with the COVID stuff in the last year, but it is a challenge.”

Richmond sits 8th on the VFL ladder, with three wins from five games.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Balmey had a big whinge about the VFL fixturing. We can't stop whinging

Richmond senior advisor Neil Balme is frustrated with the revamped VFL and the fixturing of Thursday night games.

The Tigers have been scheduled to face Frankston on Thursday night in the ‘prime-time’ game that will be shown on Fox Footy.

Richmond’s AFL team doesn’t play until Sunday however and Balme said the gap made it almost impossible to manage.

“Tomorrow we go to Frankston to play them and the rest of our team doesn’t play until Sunday,” he told SEN SA on Wednesday.

“How the hell do you think we’re imagining that? Not too well. I think they’ve gone mad, personally.

“To me we should have just played Victorian VFL teams against each other and let Sydney and Brisbane look after themselves in a way. I think they were worried about the level of competition so we’re all in this East Coast thing or whatever the hell it’s called.

“It’s a bit of a nightmare and it’s quite difficult to manage, I must say.

“I get it, but it’s really difficult to manage. We’re probably only going to play eight of our kids in it because we don’t know who is going to be needed for Sunday yet. You can’t play them on Thursday and then on Sunday. It’s quite a challenge.

“We did talk to the AFL about it several times, but they said, ‘too bad, so sad, we’ve got the TV game and you’re playing’. Ah well.

“We’re not that happy with it, but it’s probably better than what we’ve had with the COVID stuff in the last year, but it is a challenge.”

Richmond sits 8th on the VFL ladder, with three wins from five games.

I'm sure Tom Morris, Barret and the rest of the media hunt dogs will add this to his Richmond whinge list