RD 8 - Changes V Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 8 - Changes V Cats

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Bugger. But think the rest will do him good long term.

Noticeably moving gingerly for a few weeks now. Watching him run looks like a leg/groin issue perhaps.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Grimes and Chimp out ....

Cats will be primed for revenge.

Must get Dusty and Tigga back otherwise we are going too thin with guns.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I must have missed all the outrage over Spud Bruce smacking Grimes head into the ground.
Surely they’ll be all over it on 360, FC et al...
Would've been hearing about it 24/7 if Lynch had done it :mad:

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
any news on Greg-Brian Myers ankle?

I really hope he's OK.

and I hope Z.Guthrie and L.Dalhaus hold their spots
Yeah i hope Gryan Miers is fit, it'll be Cryan Miers, after Mansell's finished with him.

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart
Don’t fret people. Melee has done his 3 week apprenticeship and is now ready to step up.

• Love

BrummieTiger

Tiger Cub
Jun 28, 2019
From when it occurred.
I guess my question is -what if they can't identify when it occurred. The club doctors have said there was no obvious incident so they're having to make an assumption. If there were no signs Friday, but there were Saturday, it could have happened outside football. I'm not suggesting it did, but the hypothetical does leave a grey area unless there in a specific rule in the protocol.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I guess my question is -what if they can't identify when it occurred. The club doctors have said there was no obvious incident so they're having to make an assumption. If there were no signs Friday, but there were Saturday, it could have happened outside football. I'm not suggesting it did, but the hypothetical does leave a grey area unless there in a specific rule in the protocol.
I assume it will be a case of process by elimination.

BrummieTiger

Tiger Cub
Jun 28, 2019
I assume it will be a case of process by elimination.
Hmmm, I reckon the AFL would want to be clearer than that. A concussion could be diagnosed two or three days after the event, which would begin making the cause much harder to pin down. Like I said, doesn't affect Grimes anyway and was just a hypothetical.

Reactions: 1 user

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
Grimes and Chimp out ....

Cats will be primed for revenge.

Must get Dusty and Tigga back otherwise we are going too thin with guns.
Cotch and Grimes massive outs, adding to Prestia & Lambert, that's a big hit to our midfield; still not confident or convinced on RCD yet & Ross looks half the player that he was prior to his foot injury (thanks Fyfe), but we just have to give Ross a good run of games to gain confidence.

Vlas is touch and go too, ideally we would probably like to give him another week (article mentions still having pain kicking over 30m), but we may feel forced to rush him back now with Grimes out, hasn't played since R1. Cameron back in the team the last few weeks for them also compounds Grimes absence, so Flossy will be very important.

Cats will be so primed and fired up to take us down; the obvious beatings we've given them in the last 3 finals plus add to the sad passing of Frank Costa, they will be internally fired to the max to beat us. They should of beaten the Swans, killed them in all the stats & dominated for most parts of the game, they are in good form, previous weeks thumping of the Eagles.

If we can find enough grunt around the ball & break close to even in the midfield, we will take these pussies down. Nank should dominate in the ruck so we just need our foot solidiers around the midfield to match it with them. Huge game and ramifications for our top 4 aspirations. Go Tiges!

Reactions: 2 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
The bloke played the best medical sub game I've seen (all 3 mins).....he retains that spot.
The thing I love about Richmond's culture, was Naish kicked to Bolton and converted the last goals. Jack & Tom ran to Naish to say "well done" and encouraged him. A real team environment

Reactions: 6 users