RD 8 - Changes V Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 8 - Changes V Cats

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Macca could be called to go back If Nick is not ready. This opens the door for Naish and medical subs - CCJ, Jr or W Martin

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Macca could be called to go back If Nick is not ready. This opens the door for Naish and medical subs - CCJ, Jr or W Martin
too early to consider the weather anf if it can impact Friday night's game.

Wouldnt be surprised if the Cats go even taller this week - with Esava picked as a 2nd ruck/3rd tall forward.
Their mids would be confident against ours, backing themselves to get it inside 50 often (w/out Cotch, Dion and Kane), so might try and stretch our backs without Dion.

I wonder if this week is a week the MC go against their 'system' and choose to play a 2nd ruck, CCJ or Chol, (unfortunately I personally dont rate either), in order to allow Nank to cover the backs more often?

Or do we pump up the forward line chaos even more and pick MJ, hoping we get it in the F50 enough times to rattle their brittle defence.

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Do we give Nank a rest this wee? Geelong doesn’t have a ruckman. Maybe just let Marlion jump over and scare the *smile* out of that ponce Stanley all day.
It will be a week off for Nank even if he plays. Give him a rest another time.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Maybe we should just completely take the *smile* on Fri.
No Cotchy, Prestygiocomo, Lamblett, Grub, all injured plus leave Dusty n Flossy have an extra week off just to be certain they are fully recovered n in the right head space to play.
Not a side anywhere could honourably claim a vengeance victory against a side missing that array of talent n would become a laughing stock if they actually stumbled n lost.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
In Martin, Vlastuin, Naish
Out Cotchin, Grimes, Aarts

Baker to play as a small forward to replace Aarts

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
In Martin, Vlastuin, Naish
Out Cotchin, Grimes, Aarts

Baker to play as a small forward to replace Aarts
Naish was already in. Baker played forward last week with Aarts in the team. Aarts won't be dropped.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Nank will be needed to spend time down in our backline.

In Cameron-Jones Martin Vlastuin
Out Cotchin Grimes Aarts

B Astbury Balta Vlastuin
HB Short Broad Houli
C McIntosh Bolton Baker
HF Edwards Riewoldt Captain, Castagna
F Graham Lynch Rioli
R Nankervis Martin Vice Captain, Collier-Dawkins
I/C Cameron-Jones Mansell Pickett Ross
Sub Naish.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
I was thinking it may be Miller time?
but yeah Probably
In: Dusty, Vlastuin ( if ready)
Out: Cotchin, Grimes

Gotta win this one as most of my relatives are Cat Fanatics .. My cuz just takes it a bit to seriously at times .. Still bitter about 1967 ... he just is full on for his love for the Cats and hate for the Tigers .. always sends me a lot of crap the week before we play em like today .. vid of Garry Ablett kicking 14 on us ( sadly I was there that day sitting next to him .. :() So yeah was extra happy with our 2020 GF win .. esp when he sent a message to me a half time about how the GF is the cats and the tigers have lost it and are weak as *smile* etc etc etc only to come back and smack em ..And cant stand that banker Scott either .
Also we need to beat em to help them slide down the ladder to get them a better 1st draft pic :cupgold:eyes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Naish was already in. Baker played forward last week with Aarts in the team. Aarts won't be dropped.
I was picking the starting 22.
I know that Baker played forward last week but we only need 3 small forwards and whilst I suspect Aarts won't be dropped imo he should be.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
but yeah Probably

Gotta win this one as most of my relatives are Cat Fanatics .. My cuz just takes it a bit to seriously at times .. Still bitter about 1967 ... he just is full on for his love for the Cats and hate for the Tigers .. always sends me a lot of crap the week before we play em like today .. vid of Garry Ablett kicking 14 on us ( sadly I was there that day sitting next to him .. :() So yeah was extra happy with our 2020 GF win .. esp when he sent a message to me a half time about how the GF is the cats and the tigers have lost it and are weak as *smile* etc etc etc only to come back and smack em ..And cant stand that banker Scott either .
Also we need to beat em to help them slide down the ladder to get them a better 1st draft pic :cupgold:eyes
Now I can se why you live where you do.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Is Vlas right to go - sounds from the age article that he may not be fully recovered - we don’t normally play selection games or take risks.

If he isn’t is Stack ready for a lock down role? We still have Astbury, Balta and Broad to take the bigger players and Houli and Short to provide run along with Mansell.

RCD should be better for the run and a big game for Naish if he comes in, it’s the sort of game that could make his career if he does well.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
but yeah Probably

Dj - next time you see you Cuz use approach grin , shake your head and say 15 pts up at half time (say nothing more )
If he says ?? What
reply and still lost

Miller time ? Not off the VFL game on the weekend

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Our task of winning just go harder, Gryan Miers, ruled out :)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Feb 25, 2007
Stock standard changes this week.

Ins: Dusty, Tigga
Outs: Cotchin (inj), Grimes (inj)

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Dj - next time you see you Cuz use approach grin , shake your head and say 15 pts up at half time (say nothing more )
If he says ?? What
reply and still lost

Miller time ? Not off the VFL game on the weekend
Or just pull out the Geelong Richmond finals record vs H&A record. It’s brilliant.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Our task of winning just go harder, Gryan Miers, ruled out :)
It does however increase the chances of Zach Guthrie & Dudhouse holding their spots, so partially offset.

• Haha