RD 8 - Changes V Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RD 8 - Changes V Cats

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It does however increase the chances of Zach Guthrie & Dudhouse holding their spots, so partially offset.

there is also a bit of chatter around Josh Jenkins coming in.

sounds to good to be true.

Cats are staring in the face of a club destroying, systematic, (I was tempted to use prosthetic as an adjective for process-driven here) , annihilation

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021

Cats are staring in the face of a club destroying, systematic, (I was tempted to use prosthetic as an adjective for process-driven here) , annihilation
easy tiger ,
I would have put the Dees Mc Donald in the Josh Jenkins run like a robot category
and bugger me McDonald plays a career best game against us the other week , Mason Cox-esque , just it want a crunch game

if we bad mouth poor old Josh too much you know what will happen

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Shirley not?

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
easy tiger ,
I would have put the Dees Mc Donald in the Josh Jenkins run like a robot category
and bugger me McDonald plays a career best game against us the other week , Mason Cox-esque , just it want a crunch game

No no no. Josh Jenkins has not played a decent game in 5 years. Maybe 10.

Guthrie, Jenkins & Dalhouse in their starting 22? I'd like to see that.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
easy tiger ,

I dispensed with the old rules October 2020 C-Hook.

last week I declared Footscray could absolutely not win with Josh Schache in the side.

You are perfectly correct, that Pre-2015, he would have kicked 7.

not any more.

But I must admit, im a bit worried about my mental health ......

I just watched Chris Scotts press conference and perceived it as full of humility and admiration for richmond.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
I just watched Chris Scotts press conference and perceived it as full of humility and admiration for richmond.
I was the same. And he spoke well on 360 last night. he showed perspective. He can make a lot of sense when given time to reflect. And ultimately he has established a grudging respect for the tigers.

Unfortunately his match day antics show a real lack of control. When I think about my own behaviour at the footy it's understandable!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Shaun Grigg is down at the cattery as a (Leadership) Development Coach

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
And ultimately he has established a grudging respect for the tigers.
He's defied the old definition of insanity ......if you keep doing the same thing, you get the same result ..... so he changed at some point last year and was becoming complimentary.
This year he's attempted to up the ante and hopefully we can have him in a straight jacket come seasons end ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Dusty - medical sub ( we have to ease him back in )

We should inject him at precisely the same time of the game that he kicked that goal before HT in the GF. As if to say Dusty only needs to play 2 quarters and 2 minutes to rip you blokes a new one

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Scott made a good point re us on 360. Said you can try to replicate what we are doing but you gotta have the players. Leppa also mentioned this on sen. Said we are different to other sides and very hard to replicate because we have players that are vital to our system that may not get a game in other sides. He mentioned George as an example.

This has merit because as other teams put time and focus into ways to dissect us with precise foot skill and delivery, we just double down on pressure intensity and chaos.

Leppa also said that pressure and intensity will almost always beat precise football if both were at a relatively high level.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Scott made a good point re us on 360. Said you can try to replicate what we are doing but you gotta have the players.
His comments on how to beat us reminded me of an old Doctor Who episode where a character was trying to explain how the Tardis works.

"First you have to imagine a very big box fitting inside a very small box."

"OK."

"Then, you have to make one. It's the second part people normally get stuck on. "

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
But I must admit, im a bit worried about my mental health ......

He would've practiced reciting that essay a hundred times in the mirror to make sure he doesn't grimace while talking. His true colours will surface the second he needs to go off script. Of that I am certain.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I was the same. And he spoke well on 360 last night. he showed perspective. He can make a lot of sense when given time to reflect. And ultimately he has established a grudging respect for the tigers.

Unfortunately his match day antics show a real lack of control. When I think about my own behaviour at the footy it's understandable!
Apparently he’s stumbled upon Mark Thomson’s secret stash in the car park and suddenly has become quite introspective. May also explain the stoner hairdo.
Unfortunately, unless Bomber’s bikie mates can get bail soon and regain their strong hold on GHB Stadium , I fear he’ll revert to his normal angry self soon enough.

• Haha