Re: The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: The club is officially on board

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
Rosy this thread should be a sticky on the main board. This site is missing out having it tucked away out of site

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Mr Magic said:
Rosy this thread should be a sticky on the main board. This site is missing out having it tucked away out of site

yep. perhaps deserves a more descriptive title name as well.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Mr Magic said:
Stig an injury update on the website from one of the fitness guys would be much appreciated. Particularly why Lids is on light duties
Lids is just being managed in terms of workload, he's not participating in full training but still doing some running and sprinting, etc.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Mr Magic said:

Ian4 said:
yep. perhaps deserves a more descriptive title name as well.

As far as getting a message to the club is concerned this is by far the best board to have it on. People starting threads are entitled to name them a they see fit. RFC_O can re-name this if he wishes but the length of the thread, and the variety of contributions, indicates people are aware what the thread is for.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
RFC_Official said:
Lids is just being managed in terms of workload, he's not participating in full training but still doing some running and sprinting, etc.
thanks Stig

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
rosy23 said:
As far as getting a message to the club is concerned this is by far the best board to have it on. People starting threads are entitled to name them a they see fit. RFC_O can re-name this if he wishes but the length of the thread, and the variety of contributions, indicates people are aware what the thread is for.

Rosy not sure how u can draw this conclusion. Compare the amount and degree of correspondence with RFCO here and on other sites and this site is way behind particularly given it's size. My suggestion is give the change a go and I reckon this thread will take off.

Maneevo

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 13, 2011
This thread should be a sticky in DyerTribe. I've been reading this forum for years and only just discovered this thread recently.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
9thPlaceTiger said:
This thread should be a sticky in DyerTribe. I've been reading this forum for years and only just discovered this thread recently.

We have numerous boards devoted to various different things. VFL, Religion and Politics, Newspaper articles, Past History etc etc. People might get more enjoyment from the site if they familiarise themselves with them. This particular board is for off-field discussion so this thread is more appropriate here. RFC_O responds on it but this particular board is monitored by several members of the RFC. This is the most likely place they'll get to read the comments. Our opinions are certainly taken into consideration. This is the best place for them to be noted.

Edit- By "this board" I was referring to the Off Field Discussion Board.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
Hi Rosy, I am not going to harp on about it any longer, I have given you my thoughts which I feel are in the best interset of the site and if you chose to ignore them so be it. I will however go to an alternative site to get the information from RFCO that I don't get here because of the lack of discussion in this tread. If others do likewise its an opportunity lost for PRE

For the record I also don't agree that off field discussion is the right place for this thread. Most of the questions that are asked of RFCO are about players which makes the conversation an 'on-field discussion'.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Good news. :)

Out of interest RFC_O's most popular board, both by posts and by activity, is the Off Field Discussion. I reckon for others at the club it would be close to 100% activity on that board.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Mr Magic said:
Hi Rosy, I am not going to harp on about it any longer, I have given you my thoughts which I feel are in the best interset of the site and if you chose to ignore them so be it. I will however go to an alternative site to get the information from RFCO that I don't get here because of the lack of discussion in this tread. If others do likewise its an opportunity lost for PRE

For the record I also don't agree that off field discussion is the right place for this thread. Most of the questions that are asked of RFCO are about players which makes the conversation an 'on-field discussion'.

You didn't do very well at not harping on.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
rosy23 said:
Good news. :)

Out of interest RFC_O's most popular board, both by posts and by activity, is the Off Field Discussion. I reckon for others at the club it would be close to 100% activity on that board.

ha ha that's hilarious! Obiviously you don't know how to log on to Bigfooty. Their thread is front and center and people can actually find it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Mr Magic said:
ha ha that's hilarious! Obiviously you don't know how to log on to Bigfooty. Their thread is front and center and people can actually find it.

I don't read Big Footy these days but unless it's changed it doesn't have devoted boards. If you can make a case for similar here, ie just one board with everything on it then go for it. If not please stop harping.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
P.S. I will ask RFC_O if he'd like a stickied thread on DyerTribe for him to discuss players on. I'm happy to do that and separate it from the off field discussion.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
rosy23 said:
I don't read Big Footy these days but unless it's changed it doesn't have devoted boards. If you can make a case for similar here, ie just one board with everything on it then go for it. If not please stop harping.

Fair enough and thanks........harping officially over

Tigion

Us Against The World
Nov 25, 2006
East Gippsland
Stig

Do we have times yet for the Richmond Community Camp In East Gippsland

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=50702.0

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Don't see the issue. You seem to be creating something out of nothing Mr Magic. Let it go.