Re: Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Agree Tooheys, this was posted before but it got wiped for some reason.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/cotchin-injury-not-too-serious-234298

"It was probably a bit sore last week. The medical team and Trent debated it heavily (before the Geelong match)," said Richmond general manager of football Dan Richardson.

Some posters said because he played he must have been right, but Its no-coincidence his worst game in years was a week after hyper extending it. Had no penetration in his kicking and couldnt roll from contest to contest like he normally does.

He's too valuable to our future to risk.

TigerForce said:
** Where are the previous 6 missing posts in this thread?? **
'twas split off to the "re Trent Cochtin" thread.

TigerForce said:
** Where are the previous 6 missing posts in this thread?? **

Instead of attention seeking you could have contacted one of the mods privately or used the report to moderator function.

The article was removed for several reasons. It didn't include a link which is a legal requirement. It didn't indicate in any way where the article was from, who wrote it or the date. Articles belong on the What the Journos Say board not on Dyer Tribe where it was posted. The posts following the article quoted it, thus not having the links either, so they were removed as well.

The person who posted the article was contacted and invited to re-post on the Journos board and include the link if he so desired.

Conspiracy?...yeah sure. ::)

rosy23 said:
Instead of attention seeking you could have contacted one of the mods privately or used the report to moderator function.

The article was removed for several reasons. It didn't include a link which is a legal requirement. It didn't indicate in any way where the article was from, who wrote it or the date. Articles belong on the What the Journos Say board not on Dyer Tribe where it was posted. The posts following the article quoted it, thus not having the links either, so they were removed as well.

The person who posted the article was contacted and invited to re-post on the Journos board and include the link if he so desired.

Conspiracy?...yeah sure. ::)

OK, sorry I wasn't aware of what previously happened as I just logged in.

Attention seeking?? I just asked the question as I saw some previous posts missing after typing my comment. It looked confusing when reading through the thread page again.

Why not have a message "comments removed.." on what the mod has done within the thread just as you do when deleting a comment? I didn't know we had to PM or report to mod just for that.

I was joking with 'conspiracy' especially with the grin emoticon.

TigerForce said:
OK, sorry I wasn't aware of what previously happened as I just logged in.

Attention seeking?? I just asked the question as I saw some previous posts missing after typing my comment. It looked confusing when reading through the thread page again.

Why not have a message "comments removed.." on what the mod has done within the thread just as you do when deleting a comment? I didn't know we had to PM or report to mod just for that.

I was joking with 'conspiracy' especially with the grin emoticon.

Attention seeking was posting in red. There's no need to post a "comments removed" message. It only leads to further discussion about the moderating, taking the topic off-track, often with a bit of mod bashing thrown in for good measure. You certainly don't have to use report to moderator or send a pm but the site guidelines say moderating decisions won't be discussed publicly. The person whose post was removed in a situation like this is usually contacted with an explanation...as was the case this time.

rosy23 said:
Attention seeking was posting in red. There's no need to post a "comments removed" message. It only leads to further discussion about the moderating, taking the topic off-track, often with a bit of mod bashing thrown in for good measure. You certainly don't have to use report to moderator or send a pm but the site guidelines say moderating decisions won't be discussed publicly. The person whose post was removed in a situation like this is usually contacted with an explanation...as was the case this time.

I used red font to highlight the question to the mods as I thought a mistake was made in cutting the comments. I'll PM next time.

If you want to get the mods attention in regard to actions on a particular thread it's best to use the Report to Moderator function. That links to the specific thread so no matter which mod performed the action the others can check it out.