Redford gets a wrap on BigFooty!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Redford gets a wrap on BigFooty!!

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Well done Redford, your analysis of the Under 18 boys has impressed those at BigFooty also (see below). Pity they spelt your name wrong!!

Forget Weaver as an authority on Draft Picks
I found a Richmond Site(called Punt Rd End), a guy called Redmond has actually seen all the recent u/18 championship matches and has videos of em all,which he reviews and provides an excellent summary of some the players.

P

PuntRoadRoar

hey rosy3,

how do i push for selection into the fighting furies side? that looks like fun. after reading about a previous game you kicked 3.7 maybe we might have to start calling you "richo" :p

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Congratulations Redford. That's our boy. ;D

I really enjoy Redford's analyses (have I just invented a new word?) but wouldn't write other opinions off either.

The more the merrier. I'd love DS to post here. I've read his posts with great interest the last couple of years and he's pretty spot on imo.

P.S. It was a very windy day PRR, but I think you probably have to wait for next years selection.

The coach doesn't play me much, I think he's of the opinion my popularity with team mates is affecting his coaching ablility. ;) I was going to announce my retirement so i could go out with a lap of honour, but with such good form I think they need me still. ;D

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
maybe the club replaces Beck with Redford.

It appears Redford knows more about the players than Beck does. And lets face it, who could do a worst job than Beck when it comes to recruiting ?

Well done Redford.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
redford - seeing that we have pick 6 or 7, who would you want richmond to draft with that pick?

Also do you know where I can find tapes of the u18 carnival?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Harry I rang Austar last week and was told the carnival is likely to be replayed once football season is over. If you don't have access to FoxFooty I'd be happy to tape them for you if they are shown.
Guess that's much help if you want to watch them Sunday instead of watching Richmond though, ha. ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Thanks rosy - I've got access to foxtel. I'll call them to see when they will be on again.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There's a group of players Harry that I would like us to pick one up from - but for all intents and purposes they may not be around at 6 or 7. (And I'd also point out that there's a few good players outside of the TAC Cup and U/18 Championships that I haven't seen that could be good also.)

Cooney deserves to be the number one consideration. But he certainly won't be around at 6 or 7. If we're going for on-ball/mid-field types, the guys I like that we might have a chance at include Colin Sylvia, Jay Nash, Kane Tenace, Ryley Dunn, Andrew Walker, Matthew Priddis, Brock McLean and Adam Bentick.

But because it isn't one of those drafts where players really stand out, I reckon there might be some value in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I reckon there's a number of players that could turn out to be very good in the range of 20 to 50 - so I wouldn't like to see us trade away our picks in these rounds.

Try Fox Footy Harry for the tapes. They did the coverage. I'm sure they'd be able to supply you copies. They'd also have the last couple of year's worth of carnivals. If you have no luck, I have 2 video recorders at home and may be able to do something for you.