Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

MOTiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 10, 2010
Brunswick
Re: Pick 6: Reece Conce

i like this guy more then polec only because he can use both feet and that is something that gets to me.... from under 10s i was forced to use my right foot.

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong

I can only use my left, I'm so unco on my right with a footy it isn't funny.

Soccer ball no worries both feet, but better with my right.

Go Conca!

conca.jpg

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Re: Pick 6: Reece Conca

Looking at the footage on the RFC website shows he is very well balanced and a beautiful kick of the footy. Can see him starting half back and then as he builds up his body move into the midfield.

Jack will be licking his lips seeing Conca strolling through the middle of the MCG.

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com

Tigers of Old said:
Really like the look of this kid. Francis Jackson's raving about him and was worried someone would snatch him before us.

He looked very impressive in the RFC package. Neat skills, courageous, pacey and good decision maker. Nice pick up I reckon :fing32

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Smoking Aces said:
Looking at the footage on the RFC website shows he is very well balanced and a beautiful kick of the footy. Can see him starting half back and then as he builds up his body move into the midfield.

Jack will be licking his lips seeing Conca strolling through the middle of the MCG.

That is quite a different clip from the generic one on the AFL site. Looks an absolute beauty!

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009

Tigers of Old said:
Really like the look of this kid. Francis Jackson's raving about him and was worried someone would snatch him before us.

Yeah guess he was FJ's target all along.

His highlights on the Richmond website look very, very good. Looks to have amazing skills not to mention Stephen Hill like agility. Bounces around like a ping pong ball. Speed looks good too.

BrettC

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 27, 2004

must admit i was initially disappointed Caddy/Heppell/Lynch slipped through but wow, i do like the look of him and love the idea we may have kept him secret all this time. the highlights package reminded me of melbourne's Trengove, very fluent ball use and pick up skills.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Tigers of Old said:
That is quite a different clip from the generic one on the AFL site. Looks an absolute beauty!
Sure is TOO. The AFL website only shows footage of the Championships which gives you a slim look at what the kid is like. But the footage from his club football take him to another level. Apart from his skills he doesnt shy away from taking the odd mark knowing full well his head could end up in the grand stand.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Smoking Aces said:

Yep the Tiges have done a nice sell job there. That is a cracking highlights package. Great skills, great vision, great decision making. He looks a winner.

Smilodon

Tiger Rookie
Apr 22, 2005

Not a flashy highlights package - nothing spectacular.

But shows great poise and awareness of other players. Seems to read the play well. Some very educated short/sideways kicking as well as some long penetrating kicks. All to the team's advantage. No obvious weaknesses. Just seems to keep doing the right thing.

Good luck Conca.

Jexy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2005

Ridley said:
Yep the Tiges have done a nice sell job there. That is a cracking highlights package. Great skills, great vision, great decision making. He looks a winner.

I don't suppose there's any chance of someone posting that video to YouTube or something similar is there? The AFL's BigPond agreement means that us expats are blocked from watching the footage, unless we pay US$10 a month. :(

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007

watched the highlights again and I was impressed again and I do reckon he does special things for a junior and that is gets involved in more than one contest and plays football properly. If he turns out well FJ should be recognised appropriately.

Feb 25, 2007

I can only critique this 8 min vid and im pretty impressed by what ive seen, particularly his outstanding foot skills, very balanced player with with good lateral movement, finds space and creates...

Wins his own ball and quite strong overhead...also gotta say has some toe!!!

Welcome aboard Concord...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/314409/default.aspx

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003

"We gave all our psych tests from the Draft Combine at the end of the season to the Club’s psychologist, Kim Stephens. He didn’t know any of the players - all he had was 30 names, with 30 psych profiles for different tests - and Reece came out No. 1"

hmmm

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

evo said:

Don't get the point of the psych testing. Pretty sure Martin would have tested poorly. Just watch them play.

Conca looks far less of a bloodnut when playing then appeared on the coverage.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

evo said:

Yeah, me eye brows went north at that.

I think he is a safe pick, not sure he can be elite but the chances of him bombing out are pretty small.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

evo said:
"We gave all our psych tests from the Draft Combine at the end of the season to the Club’s psychologist, Kim Stephens. He didn’t know any of the players - all he had was 30 names, with 30 psych profiles for different tests - and Reece came out No. 1"

Hope that #1 means most balanced, not biggest headcase.