Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The Big Richo said:
There's some weird takes on Conca's football in this thread I reckon.

Reading it you would think Greg Tivendale and Jordy McMahon had a ginger baby when the reality is he was a very serviceable AFL level player for us with the potential to be more with a better run with injuries.

Halfway through his first year he was being compared to Dustin for first year player output and he won the C-J medal.

His second year was also more than serviceable for a second year player despite the lack of pre-season.

By his third year he was 50 games in and starting to show signs of being a really serious midfielder. His torn hammy in the final was as much a reason why we lost as any.

Injuries started to get hold of him even more from that point but he still led us in tackles in 2014 before the next 3 years were a write off.

Last year at the mid way point of the season before the ankle dislocation he was in our top five midfielders by most key statistical measures.

All the good riddance, he's a dud type talk on this thread is really off the mark for mine.

He never had the continuity of service to become a fan favourite, whilst never missing enough games to be overrated.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
BillyJean17 said:
Was anyone else p!ssed that Reece didn’t publicly thank Richmond fans for their support in his time at the club like milesy did

Seriously? Someone was pissed because of that? Wow!

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
BillyJean17 said:
Was anyone else p!ssed that Reece didn’t publicly thank Richmond fans for their support in his time at the club like milesy did

I was so pissed off I went and had elective surgery today.
I hope he feels bad when he reads this.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
BillyJean17 said:

He told me his name was Billy Jean, as he caused a scene

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Dont Argue said:
He told me his name was Billy Jean, as he caused a scene

::)

You will now get one of these for that comment.

Conca was a much loved character in the playing group. Now he is using his learnings for leadership. Thats good enough for me.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Mamase mamasa mamakusa.....Mamase mamasa mamakusa.....Mamase mamasa mamakusa.....Mamase mamasa mamakusa.....

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Baron Samedi said:
Geez guys, enough with the Michael Jackson quips. Take a look at the man in the mirror.

That’s typical of you... You wanna be startin somethin.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Haven’t watched freo prior till tonight.
Conca is the worse momentum killer ive ever seen.
Ellis is very close

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
zippadeee said:
Haven’t watched freo prior till tonight.
Conca is the worse momentum killer ive ever seen.
Ellis is very close

Then lets hope that Conca continues that next week.

Then again, the way we played yesterday he'll go 30 touches at 100% efficiency.