Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Reece Conca

This is so silly.

He could be pick 6 because Richmond rate him highly, probably in their top 3-or 4 and they have pick 6 in this draft. If they had pick 12 then he might be pick 12, if they had pick 25, then he could be pick 25. Would it make any difference? Or do we expect a club to rate a player in their top 3-4 and then ask Paul Daffey and Emma Quayle what they should do? Hell, they could even ask us!

Each club rates their prospects and then they line up top select them. The final order has more to do with the assessments made by each club and the order that they have to line up in than it does with the individual merit of each player.

The club recruiters always talk in terms of 1st round and 2nd round picks, not pick 5 and 15 because, in reality, they can end up with the same player regardless of whether they have pick 5 or pick 15, except in the case of the obvious 2 or 3 standouts, who are all at GC this year anyway.

ParisAmos

Have teeth, will bite!
Jan 6, 2008
Mildura

good, so Baloo you can tell me the reason "our new recuirt" just jumped 14 or so places in the draft?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

First you'll need to show me the official list of where these players should have gone. I wasn't aware there was one.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Baloo said:
First you'll need to show me the official list of where these players should have gone. I wasn't aware there was one.

its on booffooty. have a look.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Brodders17 said:
its on booffooty. have a look.

Is this where I should post a facepalm.jpg or notsureifserious.jpg ?

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart

ParisAmos said:
I just read he would of been a late teen or 20's pic. So can anyone tell me why we are taking him at six? Is this another JON? Are we bettter of taking heppel? or Josh Caddy? Or is this the right way 2 go?????? All seems abit weird.

What I find a bit weird is that a great number of posters here are getting their knickers in knot over the possibility that we're taking Reece at 6, having based their conclusions of where this lad should be drafted from the same journalists that they routinely bag during the year as complete hacks.

I for one have no idea of who should be taken and where, but I do know that this club appears to be heading in the right direction for the first time in 30 years and based on that I have faith in the club to get the selections right.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!

The entire 'this guy should be pick 5, and this guy pick 6' - its rubbish. How often has the top 10 players picked been the top 10 players from that draft? We need a quick outside midfielder with good hands and good skills - if Polec is gone at pick 5, then this guy looks like he fits the bill. Throw him in at HB for a start - with his ranga mate Connors - and release Deledio to the midfield.

Its about the development of these guys - they all can play footy thats why they are in the position to be drafted, its how the club works with them to get the best results is what matters.

Good luck to the kid if he does get picked!!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Tiger Rob said:
What I find a bit weird is that a great number of posters here are getting their knickers in knot over the possibility that we're taking Reece at 6, having based their conclusions of where this lad should be drafted from the same journalists that they routinely bag during the year as complete hacks.

I for one have no idea of who should be taken and where, but I do know that this club appears to be heading in the right direction for the first time in 30 years and based on that I have faith in the club to get the selections right.

Don't recall anyone calling Emma Quayle a complete hack.

SAF

Tiger Superstar
Nov 23, 2007
Internet

Looks like it is offical that Conca is our pick:
http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=42016

Tiger Rob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2009
Hobart

jb03 said:
Don't recall anyone calling Emma Quayle a complete hack.

You would pick the one journalist with credibility.......anyway... 1. Emma still rates the boy, 2. we haven't picked him yet and 3. I stand by my comments re the club.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Tiger Rob said:
You would pick the one journalist with credibility.......anyway... 1. Emma still rates the boy, 2. we haven't picked him yet and 3. I stand by my comments re the club.

Which complete hack journalists that are routinely bagged during the year have posted a phantom draft - Haven't seen on from Caro, Hutchy, Sheahan or Smith.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002

MOTiger said:
does this mean Brisbane are going to take Conca at 5?
Great tactics by the RFC.We have been linked to 5 players.Therefore the clubs above us will make sure none of the 5 will get to us.

#1.GC-Heppell
#2.GC-Polec
#3.GC-Lynch
#4.WC-Conca
#5.BL-Tape
#6.RT-David Swallow

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Great tactics by the RFC.We have been linked to 5 players.Therefore the clubs above us will make sure none of the 5 will get to us.

#1.GC-Heppell
#2.GC-Polec
#3.GC-Lynch
#4.WC-Conca
#5.BL-Tape
#6.RT-David Swallow

:hihi

SAF

Tiger Superstar
Nov 23, 2007
Internet

I think given the fact that we briefly published Conca's photo on the RFC website today means that any further discussion is not required. We are obviously going to take him at 6.