Replacing Richo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Replacing Richo

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
Ok Richo appears to be out for a few or slightly more so the brains trust will be casting around for a replacement next week, who are our guesses.

Will the selection committee be predictable and go tall for tall, bringing in Vardy.

Will they blood a youngster like *smile*?

Will they move Cameron/Chaffey up front full time and bring in a young mid field runner/half back?

Personally I'd be looking at one of two options.

1. Recognise the big fella isnt really a goal kicker, he's a really big link player, so look at replacing him with another tallish mid field runner to keep up the supply to the guys who are kicking goals already, or

2. Try a Milne type experiment and give McGrath a go at FF.

Now, I'm not sure if Port are really the team you want to blood a player like McGrath (but it would cause some interesting mismatches with Wakelin). But seriously, with the rest of the medium/small forwards and mid field already kicking good scores I'd go the link player in the middle. Against Port (like Brissie) its all hands on deck in the middle and a little extra help pushing back isnt going to go astray.

(or am I being way to negative)

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
This is how I'd go:

In:
Shultz
McGrath

Out:
Richardson
Pittiful

But they'll probably go:
Mills in, Richo out.

Providing Staff escapes suspension, our forward line will be something like:

HF: Cameron Bowden Pittiful
FF: Krakouer Stafford/Hall Mills

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Unfortunately I think Bidders and Vardy will get a game :( ... just because that's been the trend in the past.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Bring in Schulz - definately. He might not be able to take many grabs at this point in time, but he will provide an option and provide a contest and will bring the ball to ground if he doesn't mark. Something Vardy will not as he is not as mobile as *smile*. Look at Brisbane and Brennan, IMO Schulz is more physically developed than Brennan.

Also definately bring in Mcgrath for Peticoat.

I doubt this will happen though.

If Staff goes then I think *smile* will definately be given a go with Vardy.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
i will say we will be without staff.
out:
richo
staff

in:
vardy and *smile*.

use vardy in the ruck at the centre bounce.we rove off primus.use hall around the ground to tag primus.

use *smile* at full foward and see how things pan out.

while id love to us ring and stick it up the sooky hawks and afl i have my doubts. we have never played well over there for some unknown reason.
all i can say is we give it 110%.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
I'd give McGrath a go. And put a big body like Vards or Razor at FF. Since Razor and Vards sometimes don't have the best hands we will have McGrath and Krak's zipping around the forward line picking up the crumbs and taking the odd speckie??
It works well for Port with Tredrea and the Burgoyne boys!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yes agree. Krakouer and McGrath can be our burgoyne boys. We would look so much more dangerous and unpredictable then. Its the burgoynes that makes Port such a good team.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
This game will be a huge test on our midfields' ability to win, or least keep the game to a respectable score. Although Port have 2 genuine 'guns' out of their side, our outs with the likes of Ottens, Richo, (possibly) Stafford, Hall and to a lesser extent Blumfield are debilitating to say the least.

With Primus back, and assuming we will be well and truly beaten in the ruck, our midfield will have to be not only tough but also smart, perceptive and pro-active in reading Primus' taps. If we can manage this, our next major obstacle will be finding targets up forward which on a foreign ground, with no real focus to aim for, will be a hard task to say the least.

As for the ins and outs:

Out: Richo, Stafford

In: Vardy, McGrath

I don't think Richmond will go with *smile* just yet, even with all our big men out. Vardy's 20 touches and 4 goals is enough for Frawley to bar up and have him in the side for the next 3 games at least.

On the Tiger show - 92.7 last nigh Crocker said we will go for a small, quick forward line and said we are going to try and be as unpredictable as possible.

Get on the Tiges and good odds this week on sportsbet

Head to head - 4.50 to win

under 15.5 points (either team) $5 -1

If we win this week, season 1995 will be a mole hill compared to 2003 - go the tiges (p.o. Rogers)

P.S. I love Newman :-*