Reported posts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reported posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks to all who reported some inappropriate posting on the forum last night. I woke to a heap of reports and have had to remove 5 pages of abusive posts. It's not acceptable whether you're the instigator or the instigatee. I recommend those involved read the site rules and abide by them if they wish to remain on the forum. :)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'll repost what tester said last night. Although he mainly runs the technical side of PRE he does have moderator powers. It's lucky a couple of posters weren't banned last night. Last chance.

tester said:
People, I'm not inclined to do moderation, but be aware that if I do I will be vicious. The ban button is just a click away and I don't give a stuff about your protests.
I am not a reasonable person in that regard so don't bother.

As you know, Rosy has limited time/access at the moment. She may review this thread at some stage.
Quit the personal attacks, the name calling etc.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Fair enough , imho the thing that's made PRE the best forum is the lack of trolls an the gutless bull *smile* you get on other forums.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It was way over the top last night CC. If people don't want to abide by the forum rules they shouldn't agree to them on registration. There's no need for personal abuse and bullying.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
rosy3 said:
It was way over the top last night CC. If people don't want to abide by the forum rules they shouldn't agree to them on registration. There's no need for personal abuse and bullying.
Agree, I thought we might have been one less today

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
CC TIGER said:
Agree, I thought we might have been one less today

If I'd been on here last night we would have been 2 less today. Not on. >:D

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
After reading some of that rubbish last night I decided to bail and not get involved or too deflated with the way and manner in which some people just tee-off at others.
I enjoy a great debate and good contest of opinions, but when mutual respect and maturity are punted out the door then there is seems little room for the consideration of others.
The lowest common denominator is not what PRE is about, as far as I am concerned.
Thanks Rosy and Tester for your efforts ... it must be tiring and tedious at times.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Bullarto Tiger said:
After reading some of that rubbish last night I decided to bail and not get involved or too deflated with the way and manner in which some people just tee-off at others.
I enjoy a great debate and good contest of opinions, but when mutual respect and maturity are punted out the door then there is seems little room for the consideration of others.
The lowest common denominator is not what PRE is about, as far as I am concerned.
Thanks Rosy and Tester for your efforts ... it must be tiring and tedious at times.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Good on you both for all of that. One of the great things about PRE is the no swearing ban and the lack of bullying and caustic comments of posters to others.

Have only glanced in the past at some other sites and been appalled at the language used. Look, I am no shrinking violet and learned karate many years ago, Played many sports and always tried to be a good sport, win or lose, and therefore appreciate the bans on nasty comments and swearing on PRE.

Good on you Rosy and Tester, Keep up the good work even though it must be quite taxing at times.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Think she may have meant 'instigator and/or responder.'

Sorry I missed it all! Love to know who they were?

E

easy_tiger

poppa x said:
Just a dude telling a few little white lies.

after about 25 bourbon and cokes, surely?

it was ugly. and cred to the mods for maintaining the standard of PRE.

I enjoyed Testers riot act reading :hihi

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
jb03 said:
I applaud the use of the word "instigatee"!

tigersnake said:
x2. reminds me of the Jack Dyer quote, 'always get your retaliation in first'. ;D

leon said:
Think she may have meant 'instigator and/or responder.'

Thanks jb and snakey. It's an honour indeed remind someone of Jack's eloquence.

Think again leon...although it's copyrighted feel free to use my word if you ever want to try and lighten a situation a bit. :)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The Malayan tiger is sometimes called rimau in the local dialect. :whistle

Right. So the rimau was sparring with anyone in particular or was it a 'group spar'?

Status
Not open for further replies.