Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
I’m not sure the Tigers will be big players in the trade period, and they are likely to head to the draft with an excellent hand — picks 7, 16, 26 and 28.

But an experienced ruckman would be a good option and a player in the mould of Jon Ceglar would be the type of player needed.

He is contracted at the moment at Hawthorn but could be gettable with the club looking to young ruckman Ned Reeves.
A nothing article indeed, we have 6 ruckmen atm, 2 of which are premiership rucks. Is there something more experienced than a premiership ruckman we don't know of ?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Seriously Bucky, without making light of the concussion issue. ..... where do I find the list of blokes who've signed up to donate their noggins in the afterlife?

• Haha

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
B-grade: Nick Vlastuin, Dion Prestia, Liam Baker, Jason Castagna, David Astbury (retired), Bachar Houli (retired), Jayden Short, Tom Lynch, Kane Lambert, Shai Bolton, Kamdyn McIntosh, Jack Graham, Nathan Broad, Mabior Chol, Marlion Pickett.

Chol in the same sentence as Vlastuin, Prestia, Lynch, Lambert, Baker and Bolton?
Does this guy actually get paid for writing this crap?
He should be embarrassed with his lack of thought and research

Reactions: 8 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
That list is hilarious. MRJ as a future AB category but CCJ is still a “watch”.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Here's most of the HS Buckenara article..

Pretty much a nothing article by Gary Buckenara - gives Costagna & Chol the same B Grade rating as Vlastuin, Prestia, Lynch, Lambert and Bolton :) ...
Even Daniel Rioli gets a C Grade rating.....lol

LIST NEEDS

Injuries to Nankervis and Soldo exposed the Tigers’ midfield at times this season and they might need to look at bringing in another experienced ruckman, and hopefully some of their development talls can come on.

I think they will continue to look at a balance of attracting free agents and out of contract players as well as investing in younger players to keep the list in good shape.

TRADE TARGETS

I’m not sure the Tigers will be big players in the trade period, and they are likely to head to the draft with an excellent hand — picks 7, 16, 26 and 28.

But an experienced ruckman would be a good option and a player in the mould of Jon Ceglar would be the type of player needed.

He is contracted at the moment at Hawthorn but could be gettable with the club looking to young ruckman Ned Reeves.

TRADE BAIT

I don’t think players will want to move away and I doubt that Richmond will look to offload any players that would get early draft picks, especially in a draft that has been very hard to access watching players around the country live due to Covid.

I expect most of the clubs in the top eight will look to make minimal changes to their list and Richmond, I am sure, will have very few changes.

Josh Caddy is one who seems to have fallen out of favour and could look for opportunities elsewhere.

RATING THE LIST

A-grade:
Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Shane Edwards, Toby Nankervis.

B-grade: Nick Vlastuin, Dion Prestia, Liam Baker, Jason Castagna, David Astbury (retired), Bachar Houli (retired), Jayden Short, Tom Lynch, Kane Lambert, Shai Bolton, Kamdyn McIntosh, Jack Graham, Nathan Broad, Mabior Chol, Marlion Pickett.

C-grade: Patrick Naish (delisted), Jake Aarts, Daniel Rioli, Ivan Soldo, Josh Caddy, Ryan Garthwaite, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Matthew Parker.

DEVELOPING

Future AB players: Jack Ross, Noah Balta, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Thomson Dow, Sydney Stack, Hugo Ralphsmith, Maurice Rioli.

Need more time: Rhyan Mansell, Samson Ryan, Will Martyn, Noah Cumberland, Mate Colina, Callum Coleman-Jones, Ben Miller, Bigoa Nyuon.
So he had NO savvy deal, we just need to do one to be better LOL

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Pretty much a nothing article by Gary Buckenara - gives Costagna & Chol the same B Grade rating as Vlastuin, Prestia, Lynch, Lambert and Bolton :) ...

LIST NEEDS

Injuries to Nankervis and Soldo exposed the Tigers’ midfield at times this season and they might need to look at bringing in another experienced ruckman, and hopefully some of their development talls can come on.

I think they will continue to look at a balance of attracting free agents and out of contract players as well as investing in younger players to keep the list in good shape.

TRADE TARGETS

TRADE BAIT

I don’t think players will want to move away and I doubt that Richmond will look to offload any players that would get early draft picks, especially in a draft that has been very hard to access watching players around the country live due to Covid.

I expect most of the clubs in the top eight will look to make minimal changes to their list and Richmond, I am sure, will have very few changes.

Josh Caddy is one who seems to have fallen out of favour and could look for opportunities elsewhere.

RATING THE LIST

A-grade:
Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Trent Cotchin, Shane Edwards, Toby Nankervis.

C-grade: Patrick Naish (delisted), Jake Aarts, Daniel Rioli, Ivan Soldo, Josh Caddy, Ryan Garthwaite, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Matthew Parker.

DEVELOPING

Future AB players: Jack Ross, Noah Balta, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Thomson Dow, Sydney Stack, Hugo Ralphsmith, Maurice Rioli.

Need more time: Rhyan Mansell, Samson Ryan, Will Martyn, Noah Cumberland, Mate Colina, Callum Coleman-Jones, Ben Miller, Bigoa Nyuon.
If big V isn't AA grade footballer
im fked.
Stick to unblocking Drains

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
On another topic, did you have that ear operation oh Toga'd One

Op went well according to surgeon, found a decent size mass but had not yet attached to anything that could of caused serious damage, was 2 1/2 hour op, got blood soaked wadding packed in the ear that is leaking like a sieve.

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Op went well according to surgeon, found a decent size mass but had not yet attached to anything that could of caused serious damage, was 2 1/2 hour op, got blood soaked wadding packed in the ear that is leaking like a sieve.
Not good to hear.
Speedy recovery mate. Need you back out there over summer.

Reactions: 1 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Wow. Just read that Fuckenarra article. He must have been off his chops when he wrote it.

Did he really say we need to trade in an experienced ruckman? Yet everyone is saying we are probably a Chol overcooked in the ruck with Soldo back yet he thinks we should target Ceglar?

And Balta, a premiership KPD who made Hawkins look silly is a future AB player?

WTF!!

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
:oops:Op went well according to surgeon, found a decent size mass but had not yet attached to anything that could of caused serious damage, was 2 1/2 hour op, got blood soaked wadding packed in the ear that is leaking like a sieve.

Glad to "hear" it all went well. Hope the recovery does too. No head banging music for a few weeks :oops:
Watch a few Tiger Premiership dvds to help pass the time. :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Buckenara must be suffering from head knocks,
Prestia 3 times premiership player whom got just under 700 disposals in a premiership best n fairest and a career disposal av of 24 on the same rating as chol with no flags career dis av of 7.78.
Thats a peese take

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Get better bud.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Chol would have to be C grade. Of the rest of his supposed B graders they’ve all got at least 2 Premierships. 7 of them have 3. Stick to doing Drainman adverts, Buckenara.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida

LIST NEEDS

TRADE TARGETS

TRADE BAIT

RATING THE LIST

A-grade:

DEVELOPING

The ratings are laughable. Rating Vlaustin and Prestia as anything other than A Graders just shows why it's been so hard for part time mugs to understand how we won three premierships.

Reactions: 3 users