Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
I'll be out there, hopefully a good bunch of kids to assess.
Wide-brimmed hat mate!

Since going to the doc a few years ago and seeing the ear photos he had been taking, went out and bought a very uncool wide-brimmed hat!

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Wide-brimmed hat mate!

Since going to the doc a few years ago and seeing the ear photos he had been taking, went out and bought a very uncool wide-brimmed hat!

My ear surgery was inner ear stuff and not related to sun damage but wide-brimmed hat is sound advice.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
My ear surgery was inner ear stuff and not related to sun damage but wide-brimmed hat is sound advice.

The photos were of cancerous growths, sprouting out of the ear canal, that looked like varying forms of fungi you would likely find in the Amazon. Bloody scary stuff, especially for someone with family skin cancer history; pops had only enough ear(s) to put his reading glasses over...

Main thing is that your op was a success mate! :)

Honest John

Tiger Cub
Sep 12, 2020
Just a thought, with some teams like Hawthorn and Fremantle offloading a lot of players should we swap our 5th and 6th picks for something higher seeing we don't look like offloading too many more. Eggs maybe.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'd rather give them one of our 2nd rnd picks.
CJ & Pick 26 for 3.

What you'd rather and whats likely are very different. I'd rather give them Cj and a future 5th for Pick 3 but its not going to happen.

The difference between Pick 3 and 16 (in value terms) is about Pick 12-13. We wouldn't get that if we offered him for trade by himself.

If it was Pick 26, the points value is about Pick 8.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
What you'd rather and whats likely are very different. I'd rather give them Cj and a future 5th for Pick 3 but its not going to happen.

The difference between Pick 3 and 16 (in value terms) is about Pick 12-13. We wouldn't get that if we offered him for trade by himself.

Beg to differ.Think we're underselling CJ's worth.
Don't really care what picks are worth in points.Its what name is called out with pick # on the night is all i care about.
The more clubs interested in cj(Suns/Gws & Dogs) the better for us.
Other than keeping him ourselves.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Wide-brimmed hat mate!

Caesar is too light for a wide brimmed hat.
He’d take off with a weak South Westerly

Last edited:
  • Haha

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Reckon it’s a certainty we lose one of Chol or CCJ this trade period. Personally, I’d happily let CCJ go to GCS for pick 3.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Reckon it’s a certainty we lose one of Chol or CCJ this trade period. Personally, I’d happily let CCJ go to GCS for pick 3.
As much as I want to keep both, Cholly sometimes comes across as being homesick to me (could be wrong), so you would think he'd take up any offer from Lions or Suns.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
As much as I want to keep both, Cholly sometimes comes across as being homesick to me (could be wrong), so you would think he'd take up any offer from Lions or Suns.
Was there a particular contest that he couldn’t bother impacting that gave you that impression?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

If we would give up a first round pick then let it be next year's first

picks 3, 7, 16, and the two in the second round would give 5 new kids to go with Balta, Bolton, Baker, Graham and the other kids already on the list

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

picks 3, 7, 16, and the two in the second round would give 5 new kids to go with Balta, Bolton, Baker, Graham and the other kids already on the list

I'd be open to that. I've previously suggested on here, that I'd be happy to move our 1st from next year into this year. A swap with St Kilda could potentially work for both parties. We'd need to move some of the later picks into next year, maybe swap 1 of our 2nds with the Pies for their 2nd next year. They get the points for Daicos and we get to deathride them for a season.

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008

Really really want the Hollands boy. CCJ, 16 nd 26 for 3 and Hollands.

Reactions: 2 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

this would be a great outcome, particularly if we can get 12 mths into the new kids, CD, Martin, Ralphsmith, MJ in preparation for JR & captain Trent going????

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Can we really afford to let CCJ go as of right now we have no other fit rucks (Chol is not a true ruck). We have Soldo still on the comeback trail and may not be ready till mid season, We have Nanks currently being rebuilt and Ryan who still has to learn the ropes at AFL level then we have a B rookie.