Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
You have the same as me I think if you have 36.

The 37 I have stated includes Biggie and Cumberland as we will re-rookie so not really free list spots. I didn't include Mate in my numbers.

Technically its 35 plus Mate so 36 (of which we have 7 free spots)
OK, I dint inc Noah or Biggy as it hasn't happened yet, word around is someone may take Biggy before us

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

wayno

Tiger Rookie
Nov 3, 2004
Melbourne
Ok this is what I have can you confirm if this is correct:

28 on main list plus Taz = 29.

6 Rookies: Mansell, Arts, Parker, Stack, Miller Pickett

35 list spots taken.

My understanding Stack and Pickett will need to be upgraded to senior list as they have had 3 years on the Rookie List.

Which now makes it:

31 Main List
4 Rookie
1 Cat B Rookie

So we have made the room to put Cumberland and Biggy onto Rookie list but have to risk other clubs picking them up. If we add them back now we have a total of 37 on the list which gives us 5 selections at the draft.

7,15,26,28,38,40 -

Most likely try and upgrade 38 and 40 to a higher selection or a future selection next year which would then give us 4 picks in this draft and a delisted free agent.

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ok this is what I have can you confirm if this is correct:

28 on main list plus Taz = 29.

6 Rookies: Mansell, Arts, Parker, Stack, Miller Pickett

35 list spots taken.

My understanding Stack and Pickett will need to be upgraded to senior list as they have had 3 years on the Rookie List.

Which now makes it:

31 Main List
4 Rookie
1 Cat B Rookie

So we have made the room to put Cumberland and Biggy onto Rookie list but have to risk other clubs picking them up. If we add them back now we have a total of 37 on the list which gives us 5 selections at the draft.

7,15,26,28,38,40 -

Most likely try and upgrade 38 and 40 to a higher selection or a future selection next year which would then give us 4 picks in this draft and a delisted free agent.
Aarts has also had 3 years on rookie list & is contracted for 2022

in 2021 , minimum requirement was 37 on main list, assume its the same for 2022, we currently have 29
Assume will will upgrade 2 from rookie list means we take 6 picks to the draft.
More likely we will upgrade 3, Melee, Pickett & Stack or Aarts & take 5 picks to draft & re rookie Biggy & Cumberland & leave a spot open for MSD

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Aarts has also had 3 years on rookie list & is contracted for 2022

in 2021 , minimum requirement was 37 on main list, assume its the same for 2022, we currently have 29
Assume will will upgrade 2 from rookie list means we take 6 picks to the draft.
More likely we will upgrade 3, Melee, Pickett & Stack or Aarts & take 5 picks to draft & re rookie Biggy & Cumberland & leave a spot open for MSD

I had it down as min was 36, max was 38. Rookies can be between 4 and 6 with total list sizes of 42 excluding Cat B rookies.

So 7 spots, like you say we will need to upgrade probably 2 (I think Aarts can remain on the rookie list for a 4th year, again another special one-off rule I think), so I think we have 5 list spots on the main list. 5 picks but as you say I don't think we use them all.

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I had it down as min was 36, max was 38. Rookies can be between 4 and 6 with total list sizes of 42 excluding Cat B rookies.

So 7 spots, like you say we will need to upgrade probably 2 (I think Aarts can remain on the rookie list for a 4th year, again another special one-off rule I think), so I think we have 5 list spots on the main list. 5 picks but as you say I don't think we use them all.
yes sorry, min 36 max 38 on main but min 37 all up

1634281247442.png

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Can anyone explain to me what the point of a rookie list is now ? You can play a rookie anytime with no restrictions.

I don't get what purpose it has anymore.
Who knows if the AFL have changed the rules, but rookies only get a 12 month contract, whereas those drafted in the national draft get a guarantee of two.
Plus the $80k out of the cap mentioned previously

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Can anyone explain to me what the point of a rookie list is now ? You can play a rookie anytime with no restrictions.

I don't get what purpose it has anymore.
Think rookies get their base $ 80 k contract outside the cap??? Also can put them on one year contracts instead of the usual two.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Starting to question our list management.

There are a lot less talented players on our list than Cumberland and Biggy inc

Parker, Miller, Aarts, Cantstandya, Ross and Martyn.

Doesn’t make any sense that the untried kids get delisted and these guys get contracts

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Starting to question our list management.

There are a lot less talented players on our list than Cumberland and Biggy inc

Parker, Miller, Aarts, Cantstandya, Ross and Martyn.

Doesn’t make any sense that the untried kids get delisted and these guys get contracts
If he's been promised a rookie spot, he still gets a contract.
Completely missed 2020 when he popped his knee. 2021 was another stuffed up year due to the pandemic, but for mine he showed enough promise to warrant a late senior game.
Perhaps there's still a couple of areas of his game the club wants him to work on. Plus the fact that the club has worked hard to get a deep attack on this years draft to refresh the list Cummerbund needs to get nudged sideways a little bit to open up room in the balance of rookies n senior listers. All the picks in the
" National " draft have to go on the senior list, we can't fudge the newbies into rookies.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I think we should have just paid aarts out and cut our losses. Both Cumberland and Biggie were stolen Academy kids so no doubt brizzy and the saints will want to nick them buck just for fun. We can only take Cumberland without being gazumped If we use our first rookie pick I think? Would be nasty to lose a promising young key defender for no reason..

Reactions: 5 users
Feb 25, 2007
Graham on the wing?

DS

Yeah not sure about that, also Soldo is first ruck, Nank will start surely as Soldo hasn't played for like 18 months.
With emergencies, RCD is also waiting in the wings. His running partner this preseason will be Lambert, so hopefully, he improves his two way running.