Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Caddy, Edwards, lambert, Parker already confirmed as gone.
Surely aarts has to be as well?
Depending on the trade period and who we try to get in, I can’t see that many more going.

Reactions: 1 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Why would we not keep Aarts on as captain on the VFL team? Has a lot of great traits, is hardworking and courageous and got the best out of himself. Senior AFL football seems just out of his reach and we need some stability in the VFL.

Reactions: 6 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
We really only have three decent picks in the draft this year. One first round and two second. No third or fourth round picks.

So it will be interesting what we do. Draft three, promote two rookies and take a few rookies?
Reckon most of the few picks we have - will end up in a trade.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We really only have three decent picks in the draft this year. One first round and two second. No third or fourth round picks.

So it will be interesting what we do. Draft three, promote two rookies and take a few rookies?

Beside the MSD we haven't really hit the rookie draft for a while. I suspect we might need a few rookie promotions but we will want to maximise the number of rookie spots as we get the first I think $80k outside of the TPP.

I do wonder with the trades whether some of our non core players become parts of trades for either picks or as part of a package for players (eg. Taranto with the Giants).

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
You must think RCD might be shopped and Will Martyn likely cut.
I don’t see much in Martyn so could see him being cut. But he did miss a good chunk of pre season this year with glandular fever and I personally know how much of a effect it can have on you. Drafted in 2019 and covid ruined his first 2 years then getting struck down with that hasn’t given him much of a chance.

RCD is one I actually rate and see signs in as I have stated many times. Not going to get anything decent for him. Not sure if it’s worth trading him for a 4th rounder at best.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Why would we not keep Aarts on as captain on the VFL team? Has a lot of great traits, is hardworking and courageous and got the best out of himself. Senior AFL football seems just out of his reach and we need some stability in the VFL.
Don’t think we need him on the list to captain the vfl team.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Did OP actually have Ross and McIntosh delisted last year!?

McIntosh!? Delisted? What on earth?!

Bourke'sFifthSymphony

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Cads, Sheds, Lambs departing provides salary leeway to recruit from GWS.
No way known a rival club would willingly pay out the Grundy contract in full, $5 million remaining.
Grundy is a millstone for Collingwood, the contract is a godsend for us.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I don’t see much in Martyn so could see him being cut. But he did miss a good chunk of pre season this year with glandular fever and I personally know how much of a effect it can have on you. Drafted in 2019 and covid ruined his first 2 years then getting struck down with that hasn’t given him much of a chance.
Except they seem to have given up on him as a mid, and as a flanker he's not going to oust Rioli, Baker, Short etc., especially with Banks and Brown coming along.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Except they seem to have given up on him as a mid, and as a flanker he's not going to oust Rioli, Baker, Short etc., especially with Banks and Brown coming along.
He was a good get and is a good size.
Taking into account the illness, (With our older midfield) you don’t want to just cut him so we could offer to trade him to Brisbane and if not we could delist him and rookie him.

Wasn’t there an option to move players to the rookie list or did they scrap that?

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
He was a good get and is a good size.
Taking into account the illness, (With our older midfield) you don’t want to just cut him so we could offer to trade him to Brisbane and if not we could delist him and rookie him.

Wasn’t there an option to move players to the rookie list or did they scrap that?
Chatter says we want to trade Taranto in.
That’s our off season right there.

Maybe a soldo / Castagna to Collingwood or GWS might help.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Martyn has been playing the Vlastuin role in the twos and doing a pretty good job of it. They might keep him as back-up/insurance/succession plan for a bloke who turns 29 next year, or they might conclude he's too slow and poor by foot and Brown is a far better prospect. I suspect the latter.

The outside possibility is they return him to the midfield, but again, too slow.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It’s not a thing / not happening
It was a post after a loss last year

True, but I think we should all be happy that Carts isn't the coach, list manager or even the freaking waterboy at Tigerland.

This sort of emotive response to a loss every now and again, is the realm of Essendon.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just on that subject: tigger gets run down knee in the ribs by the port behemoth and plays next week. How tough??
Tough as old boots. What a player!

But nah; much rather DBJ or Saad or Sinclair....................................................... :rolleyes:

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users