Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
So with recent reports, where do we now sit.

I believe having picked up Parker in the MSD, it meant we effectively were carrying one extra anyway with Soldo coming off the LTI.

So departures as of now appear to be the following:

Astbury (retired)
Houli (retired)
Naish (delisted)
Chol (reportedly GC)
CCJ (reportedly NM)

So that frees up 4 spots - Talia potentially takes 1 spot, leaving 3 spots free at the moment.

Our current draft hand is 7, 15, 26, 28, 40 and 44. Likely to receive some additional picks for Chol and CCJ if they leave.

Others to therefore potentially be let go are Garthwaite, Eggs, Caddy (might be kept now due to Chol and CJ going).

Miller, Cumberland, Parker, Biggie all out of contract too. Stack out of contract but likely to sign a 1 yr deal.

Will be interesting to see what happens from here.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Josh Caddy was imho unbelievably left out of games this year when we were desperate for a third tall. Why keep him on the list if we wont play him?

Reactions: 8 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

I believe having picked up Parker in the MSD, it meant we effectively were carrying one extra anyway with Soldo coming off the LTI.

Astbury (retired)
Houli (retired)
Naish (delisted)
Chol (reportedly GC)
CCJ (reportedly NM)

So that frees up 4 spots - Talia potentially takes 1 spot, leaving 3 spots free at the moment.

Our current draft hand is 7, 15, 26, 28, 40 and 44. Likely to receive some additional picks for Chol and CCJ if they leave.

Others to therefore potentially be let go are Garthwaite, Eggs, Caddy (might be kept now due to Chol and CJ going).

Miller, Cumberland, Parker, Biggie all out of contract too. Stack out of contract but likely to sign a 1 yr deal.

Few will go on rookie list I reckon.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

Astbury (retired)
Houli (retired)
Naish (delisted)
Chol (reportedly GC)
CCJ (reportedly NM)

My guess.
If Talia signs on

Egg, Garthwaite delisted.

CCJ trade pick 38 , (465 points) our picks 40, 44 (784 points) Chol compo pick 45 (347 points) total 1586 points value (pick 8)
to Dogs for their pick 17 (1025 points) and Lipinski or 2022 2nd round pick *36*(502points value)

7, 15, 17, 26, 28.

Picks 17, 26, 28 ( 2431 points value) to Crows for pick 4 (2034 points) or similarly to Hawks for pick 5 (1878points value)
Plus their 2022 2nd round pick.

Go to the 2021 draft with 4, 7, 15.
Room to upgrade a rookie (or bring in a FA)Or leave a pick for the SSP Or one short on the main list as we’ve done in the past

Brings in Lipinski or plus an extra 2022 2nd or 2 x 2022 2nd round picks if Lipinski doesn’t eventuate.

*edit* points value only for indicative value purposes, knowing they aren’t the be all and end all in trades

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Astbury retires and according to the press Richmond is looking at the Roos Tarrant on a two year as a replacement. For me he is hardly a like for like or a way to improve us.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Astbury retires and according to the press Richmond is looking at the Roos Tarrant on a two year as a replacement. For me he is hardly a like for like or a way to improve us.
Out of interest - why do you not consider him to be a like for like?

TGM

Tiger Rookie
Apr 6, 2009
Tarrant has been a better player than Astbury imo. As far as the next 2 years only time will tell.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Wonder how Houli is feeling. Delisted for being too old and injury concerns.
But here we are chasing Tarrant and Talia now

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Different position so I dont see it as comparable. We are well stocked for running defenders, and rightly should be giving them their chances given what they showed last year in addition to Bachar looking cooked.

KPD is clearly a need - depth of Miller, Garthwaite and Biggie is not really depth at all if we are wanting to win the flag next year.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Just on this topic
If we got them both

Does Tarrant play deep (FB) and Talia (CHB) up the ground a bit?

Where have they played their best footy

Tarrant looks like his best work is in the last line of defence.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Yes, I know what you mean, but another way to see it is that the club gave him a long service leave year on good money in 2021 in due respect for being one of our champs.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Any news on Caddy at all? I have been watching videos of 2017 and 2019 and he was so good for us then.

Personally I would be happy to keep him if he is motivated to stay but he seems to have fallen out with the coach

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Any news on Caddy at all? I have been watching videos of 2017 and 2019 and he was so good for us then.

Personally I would be happy to keep him if he is motivated to stay but he seems to have fallen out with the coach
He just cannot seem to get a game under Dimma these days. I remember that they were trialling him as a half back in the VFL but that seems to have gone by the way side.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Very easy. Stack and Rioli look pretty capable of replacing him.
There is no low risk replacement for Astbury on the list already.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He just cannot seem to get a game under Dimma these days. I remember that they were trialling him as a half back in the VFL but that seems to have gone by the way side.
I always like Caddy in the team. Provides a hardness and toughness around the ball and uses it very well. Very good goal kicker. It’s been a mystery to me what he has done wrong.

Reactions: 4 users