Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Josh Thomas gone from the Pies.

Jack Lonie has been given the arse from Saints !

Geelong not prepared to wait another 8 years to play Charlie Constable and no one else wanted him so they gave him him the arse.

Talia retired rooted, apparantly ... especially if it was a Lisfranc fracture/injury or a navicular in his foot., I dont recall actually hearing what his injury actually was/is. Sad end for him. Well avoided by the Tigers if that was truly the case.

That said I would not be surprised to see him being spotted training with another club pre season, so they can take him for free in the PSD.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Josh Thomas gone from the Pies.

Jack Lonie has been given the arse from Saints !

Geelong not prepared to wait another 8 years to play Charlie Constable and no one else wanted him so they gave him him the arse.

Talia retired rooted, apparantly ... especially if it was a Lisfranc fracture/injury or a navicular in his foot., I dont recall actually hearing what his injury actually was/is. Sad end for him. Well avoided by the Tigers,

That said I would not be surprised to see him being spotted training with another club pre season, so they can take him for free in the PSD.
Jack Lonie
Seriously he was dropped so many times because he refused to to do the team things.
Going for goal when his teammate was in a better position.
I noticed in one game Bulter kicked a goal, Lonie was about a metre away and didn't even congratulate him.

Mums and dads of kids in this year's draft should lobby the AFL that there kid shouldn't be drafted by Geelong.
I feel sorry for them, its like they enter the dead zone and never get seen again.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jack Lonie
Seriously he was dropped so many times because he refused to to do the team things.
Going for goal when his teammate was in a better position.
I noticed in one game Bulter kicked a goal, Lonie was about a metre away and didn't even congratulate him.

Mums and dads of kids in this year's draft should lobby the AFL that there kid shouldn't be drafted by Geelong.
I feel sorry for them, its like they enter the dead zone and never get seen again.
Lonie a serial head ducker and free kick milker, right up there with the best of em in the league.

Agree I'd be hated to be drafted by the Cats with the current outfit in charge.

Id rather be drafted to Gold Coast and enjoy myself.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Have our club got the balls to ask Cotchin 700+, Martin 1.3 mil, and lynch 1.2, to take a cut to fit in Omeara.
This after Riewodlt and Edwards took less to stay.
We didnt offer overs to Bolton to stay.
Is Castagna's deal back ended?
Was Houli and Asbury on $156.70 a year
Shedda and Jack got new contracts at lower $ to play on. That is totally different to asking someone to reduce the size of a contract signed a few years ago.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Biggie and Cumbo too with a promise to re-select as rookies.

How many draft selections does this open up?
leaves us with 33 on the list but if Cumberland and Nyuon are rookied then 35. Maximum of 40 but I have no idea of main list and rookie list. I assume 5 picks in the ND ?

That excludes Colina as cat B rookie.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Biggie and Cumbo too with a promise to re-select as rookies.

How many draft selections does this open up?
5 I think.

We have 37 on our list currently (less Biggie and Cumbo) but they will be added back, so 5 new players.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
leaves us with 33 on the list but if Cumberland and Nyuon are rookied then 35. Maximum of 40 but I have no idea of main list and rookie list. I assume 5 picks in the ND ?

That excludes Colina as cat B rookie.

We have 37. Max is 42 (plus Mate).

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Must re-sign Cumberland and Biggie, have potential.

Surprised they took this long to delist Eggy and Garthwaite.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Miller & Stack only ones not re signed as yet

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
5 I think.

We have 37 on our list currently (less Biggie and Cumbo) but they will be added back, so 5 new players.
very happy with 5 players from this draft. we didnt pick in the 1st round last year and only took MJ and Ryan, yeah?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Can anyone explain to me what the point of a rookie list is now ? You can play a rookie anytime with no restrictions.

I don't get what purpose it has anymore.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
very happy with 5 players from this draft. we didnt pick in the 1st round last year and only took MJ and Ryan, yeah?

Yeah only the 2. I wouldn't put it past us to still only take 3 or 4 and leave a spot or 2 free for the SSP. Has worked well for us in the past with Stack and Mansell.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Can anyone explain to me what the point of a rookie list is now ? You can play a rookie anytime with no restrictions.

None. The only thing clubs get is an extra $80k towards their salary (from outside the cap).

The AFL needs to change to 1 list only, but they also need to freshen up how teams deal with salary caps. I proposed on another thread a transfer of TPP to the soft cap and add more development coaches. Would be perfect for those with young lists. The whole, you must spend 95% of your cap is also massively outdated and this would freshen the whole thing up.

Do they AFL bother with this, nope they focus on bringing in as many untried or untested ideas and just wing it, but the things that might actually be beneficial, don't even get a look in.

Reactions: 3 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
5 I think.

Can any team now select Biggie and Cumberland as they’re uncontracted before we get a chance to pick them up in rookie draft?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

I think it’s the AFL’s way of admitting that they’ve cut too deeply into list sizes and the salary cap without actually having to say that they made a mistake.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I have 36, 29 on main inc Taz & 7 Rookies inc Colina

You have the same as me I think if you have 36.

The 37 I have stated includes Biggie and Cumberland as we will re-rookie so not really free list spots. I didn't include Mate in my numbers.

Technically its 35 plus Mate so 36 (of which we have 7 free spots)