Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If hes as good as some are gushing about he will be the one I will keep an eye on next year.

Sonsie and banks are being spruiked quite vociferously which is very exciting.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I like to take a look at our Under 23 team each year.

The top table is those under 23 at the start of December 2020 and then the 2nd is those under 23 as at the 1st of December 2021. Red is they are not in the Under 23 team any longer due to age, red with strikethrough is they are no longer on the list, and blue are our new draftees.

View attachment 14150

Its a pretty healthy looking team the bottom one. IMO big upgrades on those we have cut bar CCJ who we probably knew we weren't going to be able to replace this year with a like for like tall forward, it would have resulted in a massive reach unless we got JVR at 17.

Gibcus > Garthwaite
Brown > Egg
Banks vs Naish - we sure hope he will be better
Clarke and Sonsie have replaced players of different types.

When you look at that bottom table and we already have Balta and Bolton that are easily in our best 22, and we got plenty of games out of Mansell, RCD, Ralhp-Smith, Stack, Dow and Ross last year (and hopefully they take that next step forward this year) then the future looks bright with some of the other guys coming through.
Its also obvious that in the next 3 years we need to target a key forward or 2 and elite mids.
The u23 has speed and skills to burn, plus a bunch that can become stars of the comp.
Add 2 more stars and badaboom
No pressure!

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We need a big name to retire so we can use the money to get a ready made midfielder.
We cant rely on Prestia.
Cotchin needs a massive pay cut or he needs to retire.
Is Jack holding back Cj progress
My delisting are Naish Cathwaite Caddy Eggy Chol
Trades Baker And Flappers
Retirements Houli Astbury Cotchin
We need Tarranto or Green
We need Cerra
We need go after Seedsman or Laird because we need player's that can hit targets.
Im sick and tired watching us butcher the ball going inside 50.
Giddy up only had to wait till round 1

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Is Aarts contracted for next year?
No, I think I got that one wrong earlier in the year by saying he was. Looked it up and he's out of contract this year.
If he's not, I'd still Capuano him. He's the 2022 version of Nathan Gordon. Fringe player that's never going to be composed enough, good enough, to play in big games and contribute. I'd be sending Jason Castagna out the door with him.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
I reckon we will see 4 - 5 retirements at seasons end. Probably 3 - 4 delistings as well.
Cotchin and Riewoldt could play on next year with Lynch back one of Gibcus/Balta/Miller could fill the gap as KPF. I don't like the idea of Fogharty. We need some class in the middle. Class will cost 750k so I don't think we can target 2 players like Hopper/Tarranto. Edwards, Lambert and Caddy's wage should allow one gun which would be Tarranto over Hpper ATM. Ross is OK, Dow & RCD seems to have gone backwards.
Martyn, Parker, Aarts first off the list. Nyoun & Miller I'd hope to keep.. Should we have a serious ruck depth player rather than Colina?

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
we might have to cool our jets on delistings until our finals campaign is over

Tigers4

Tiger Rookie
Feb 5, 2022
Cotchin, Tarrant and Riewoldt won’t retire this year.

One more year for Jack and Tarrant
Two more for Cotchin when Dusty will also retire as he can’t do anything without Cotchin
Grimes may retire next year due to injuries and recovery

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
JAMES Hird's son, Tom, is one of three players bidding farewell to Essendon after not being offered a new contract.

Tom Hird, Tom Cutler and Garrett McDonagh will depart the embattled club, it was confirmed on Tuesday.

• Haha

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
JAMES Hird's son, Tom, is one of three players bidding farewell to Essendon after not being offered a new contract.

Tom Hird, Tom Cutler and Garrett McDonagh will depart the embattled club, it was confirmed on Tuesday.
Just read that to, I had no idea James hird son played for bombers

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Cotchin, Tarrant and Riewoldt won’t retire this year.

One more year for Jack and Tarrant
Two more for Cotchin when Dusty will also retire as he can’t do anything without Cotchin
Grimes may retire next year due to injuries and recovery

Can you even post a comment without having at least a sly dig at Dusty.

What has he done to you? Did he *smile* your wife or something?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Good way to get Hird back.

Welcome back James, by the way, we've just sacked your son as he's *smile*.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users