Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Geelong did well out of that, Stengle always had the talent, just took a long time to realise his potential. If he didn't play with some of the others in that team I'd be more than happy to see him get a flag.

Nice to hear Richmond are honest brokers and gave an honest opinion of Stengle to Geelong. Yes, it is a fiercely competitive business, but it is also peoples' lives and Stengle deserved an opportunity.

DS
Geez its a hard, yes he has had a great year and yes he looks like a good small foward.
But stats don't lie 72% of his goals came against bottom 10 sides. Didn't go near it against Collingwood look like a Sanfl footballer that day.

GhostofJimJess

Tiger Cub
Oct 4, 2015
If Grundy goes and McLovin & only Hill comes in. It evens it self out. There's NO 500k clear in cap space. It's not a GC style 'Salary dump'
That's the issue the general public can't work out. Getting rid of a premier ruckman, to only bring in a nothing footballer on 600k 5yrs.
Its unbelievable
And suddenly Melbourne are full to the brim on their salary cap. Happy days.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Geelong did well out of that, Stengle always had the talent, just took a long time to realise his potential. If he didn't play with some of the others in that team I'd be more than happy to see him get a flag.

Nice to hear Richmond are honest brokers and gave an honest opinion of Stengle to Geelong. Yes, it is a fiercely competitive business, but it is also peoples' lives and Stengle deserved an opportunity.

DS

Just like Carlton gave us an honest opinion on Yarran :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Geez its a hard, yes he has had a great year and yes he looks like a good small foward.
But stats don't lie 72% of his goals came against bottom 10 sides. Didn't go near it against Collingwood look like a Sanfl footballer that day.

Now let's not be bitter Zips;)

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Need to work out away to get rid of short and get something out of him. Absolute ball butcher and panic merchant. Can’t believe we signed him for so long.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
4 goals in a GF good enough for you Zigga

Reactions: 1 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Maybe a 1st and 2nd.
My only concern with Graham is injuries. Don’t believe he’s ever had a season not injured. Always seems to be playing with a injury.
Could be a blessing in disguise to trade now

Love Fridge, but this thought has been crossing my mind too.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Just like Carlton gave us an honest opinion on Yarran :mad:
I Think we need to stop this 'nice club' crap we have introduced, Helping out Geelong, patting the Essendon player on the back.
we need to cut it out and start slapping then.

• Dislike

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Everyone calm down we have told Essendon, Graham is not on the trade table.
This makes me think someone else is been used to get us both Tarranto and Hopper.

Feb 25, 2007
I'd at least like to keep pick 30, but if GWS only want picks then I guess pick 30 may have to be thrown in also but we would have to get something coming back. Preferably, id hope picks 12, 19 and a future first would get the deal done and if need be a player thrown in, i.e Soldo or Collier Dawkins.

Herald Sun

At Richmond, list manager Blair Hartley is preparing to pull an old trick out of his kitbag as the Tigers look to hand over their top picks from this and next year’s draft to electro charge the engine room.

In 2016, Richmond off-loaded pick six for ex-Gold Coast onballer Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy in a move which helped them win three flags.

And next month, Richmond will hand over selections 12, 19 and 30, plus next year’s first-rounder for hard nut Jacob Hopper and fire-starter midfield-forward Tim Taranto.

The Tigers beat the Cats and Magpies for the pair’s signatures with blockbuster seven-year deals which did raise some eyebrows at clubs around the league.

But there again is the boldness at play.

th.jpg
Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto are set to join Richmond. Picture: Phil Hillyard

And another article from the Herald Sun

RICHMOND

It’s the definition of going all in. Richmond will surely have to trade all of picks 12, 19, 30 and a future first-rounder and expend $1.5 million a year of cap space on Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper. But if they can land that pair their midfield fortunes are set until 2030. Riley Collier-Dawkins is yet to be offered a new deal and rivals could circle late. GWS hasn’t discussed players in the trade but Ivan Soldo has been floated. The Giants have enough half-backs so aren’t interested in Hugo Ralphsmith, who surely the Tigers must keep anyway. Jack Graham has rival interest but the Tigers would be mad to let him go under any circumstances.

LIKELY INS: Jacob Hopper, Tim Taranto

LIKELY OUTS: No one yet. Maybe Jack Graham, Ivan Soldo and Riley Collier-Dawkins.

A 3rd article from the Herald Sun

Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper (GWS) to Richmond

The Giants want to get two first rounders, and that is just for Hopper let alone a player in Taranto who won GWS’ Kevin Sheedy Medal in 2019.

Hopper is still under contract, which does explain in part the Giants high price, while Taranto is out of contract.

The Tigers have 12, 19 and 30 in this year’s draft but are likely to have to give up more to get the two Giants to Melbourne.

A player might have to head to Sydney, while Richmond’s 2023 first-round pick might have to be on the table.

It is likely going to be a substantial package the Tigers have to stump up to get the two Giants, but they would be thinking it will be worth it.

Verdict: 12, 19 and Richmond’s 2023 first-round pick and a player.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I'd at least like to keep pick 30, but if GWS only want picks then I guess pick 30 may have to be thrown in also but we would have to get something coming back. Preferably, id hope picks 12, 19 and a future first would get the deal done and if need be a player thrown in, i.e Soldo or Collier Dawkins.

Herald Sun

At Richmond, list manager Blair Hartley is preparing to pull an old trick out of his kitbag as the Tigers look to hand over their top picks from this and next year’s draft to electro charge the engine room.

In 2016, Richmond off-loaded pick six for ex-Gold Coast onballer Dion Prestia and Josh Caddy in a move which helped them win three flags.

And next month, Richmond will hand over selections 12, 19 and 30, plus next year’s first-rounder for hard nut Jacob Hopper and fire-starter midfield-forward Tim Taranto.

The Tigers beat the Cats and Magpies for the pair’s signatures with blockbuster seven-year deals which did raise some eyebrows at clubs around the league.

But there again is the boldness at play.

View attachment 16913
Jacob Hopper and Tim Taranto are set to join Richmond. Picture: Phil Hillyard

And another article from the Herald Sun

RICHMOND

It’s the definition of going all in. Richmond will surely have to trade all of picks 12, 19, 30 and a future first-rounder and expend $1.5 million a year of cap space on Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper. But if they can land that pair their midfield fortunes are set until 2030. Riley Collier-Dawkins is yet to be offered a new deal and rivals could circle late. GWS hasn’t discussed players in the trade but Ivan Soldo has been floated. The Giants have enough half-backs so aren’t interested in Hugo Ralphsmith, who surely the Tigers must keep anyway. Jack Graham has rival interest but the Tigers would be mad to let him go under any circumstances.

LIKELY INS: Jacob Hopper, Tim Taranto

LIKELY OUTS: No one yet. Maybe Jack Graham, Ivan Soldo and Riley Collier-Dawkins.

A 3rd article from the Herald Sun

Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper (GWS) to Richmond

The Giants want to get two first rounders, and that is just for Hopper let alone a player in Taranto who won GWS’ Kevin Sheedy Medal in 2019.

Hopper is still under contract, which does explain in part the Giants high price, while Taranto is out of contract.

The Tigers have 12, 19 and 30 in this year’s draft but are likely to have to give up more to get the two Giants to Melbourne.

A player might have to head to Sydney, while Richmond’s 2023 first-round pick might have to be on the table.

It is likely going to be a substantial package the Tigers have to stump up to get the two Giants, but they would be thinking it will be worth it.

Verdict: 12, 19 and Richmond’s 2023 first-round pick and a player.
Picks 12 19 30 and next years first rounder is too much for Taropper
Much prefer 12 30 next years first rounder player (Soldo) and keep pick 19

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users