Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

Feb 25, 2007
Picks 12 19 30 and next years first rounder is too much for Taropper
Much prefer 12 30 next years first rounder player (Soldo) and keep pick 19

Of course, id prefer that too, Pick 19, the start of the 2nd round, and several first-rounders always slide, having the first pick in 2nd round is gold.
We will need to part with that i reckon, but if we could somehow keep it of course that would be preferable.

Feb 25, 2007
Verdict: 12, 30 and Richmond’s 2023 first-round pick and a player. Is my guess

GWS will push hard for pick 19 also. The cats gave up 3 first-rounders for Jeremey Cameron and got 2 second-rounders back.

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
GWS will push hard for pick 19 also. The cats gave up 3 first-rounders for Jeremey Cameron and got 2 second-rounders back.
Surely we could get 39 back from the Giants if we give up 12, 19 and 30. That would land them with 3, 12, 19, 21 and 30 plus whatever they get for Bruhn. Can't see them using 39 as well? Is there much difference between 19 and 39 in this draft?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

sssh - don’t tell anyone but if we are helping GWS salary dump, then what has been stated - 3 first rounder, 12, 19 (I know technically a 2nd) and F1 and 30 is way to high.

In the same articles, they are saying Grundy is a late first rounder or 2nd at best, but not both - what did the pies get for Treloar, stuff all as it was another salary dump trade.

Cameron was one of GWS best players and is a premier forward in the game. hopper and Taranto are nit in the GWS best player bracket (Kelly, Greene, Cogs etc). They are very good players but not at that top end talent. Prestia in his prime is a much better player than these 2.

hang tough tigers - we are paying enough in their salary, let’s not over pay in the trade as well.

As I understand GWS have to trade them - they just come out and blurted the fact like the suns and pies have done in the past.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If Karl Amon gets Port a 1st rounder compo
We need Gale and Balme to drive a truck through the AFL.
'Port are confident that the compensation for Karl Amon will be a 1st rounder or late 1st round pick'
Ellis is 54 times better FFS

Reactions: 4 users
Feb 25, 2007
sssh - don’t tell anyone but if we are helping GWS salary dump, then what has been stated - 3 first rounder, 12, 19 (I know technically a 2nd) and F1 and 30 is way to high.

In the same articles, they are saying Grundy is a late first rounder or 2nd at best, but not both - what did the pies get for Treloar, stuff all as it was another salary dump trade.

Cameron was one of GWS best players and is a premier forward in the game. hopper and Taranto are nit in the GWS best player bracket (Kelly, Greene, Cogs etc). They are very good players but not at that top end talent. Prestia in his prime is a much better player than these 2.

hang tough tigers - we are paying enough in their salary, let’s not over pay in the trade as well.

As I understand GWS have to trade them - they just come out and blurted the fact like the suns and pies have done in the past.

Too many of our supporters are underselling how good Taranto is, and Hopper for that matter. Taranto a pick 2 and Hopper a pick 7.
Taranto won their B&F in 2019 "GWS GF year", and Hopper made AA in 2021 "top 40".

Put them into our environment, also playing in front of big crowds watch them excel even further.

Both these players are beasts around the contest, add them with Prestia as starting midfield and watch us climb back into the top 4 next year!

If we had these two top 10 players and they were bout to leave, we would want to be duly compensated. I hope we can do the deal with this year's first-rounder and next year's first-rounder and add in a player, i.e Soldo or Collier Dawkins. But something tells me they will want more. Over to you Blair.

Pick 19 is so valuable, start of the second round, we could potentially trade pick19 for two late 20 picks on the night.

Reactions: 6 users
Feb 25, 2007
If Karl Amon gets Port a 1st rounder compo
We need Gale and Balme to drive a truck through the AFL.
'Port are confident that the compensation for Karl Amon will be a 1st rounder or late 1st round pick'
Ellis is 54 times better FFS

Herald Sun says;

Verdict: The Karl Amon compensation pick Port Adelaide will receive, likely in the second round.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Too many of our supporters are underselling how good Taranto is, and Hopper for that matter. Taranto a pick 2 and Hopper a pick 7.
Taranto won their B&F in 2019 "GWS GF year", and Hopper made AA in 2021 "top 40".

Put them into our environment, also playing in front of big crowds watch them excel even further.

Both these players are beasts around the contest, add them with Prestia as starting midfield and watch us climb back into the top 4 next year!

If we had these two top 10 players and they were bout to leave, we would want to be duly compensated. I hope we can do the deal with this year's first-rounder and next year's first-rounder and add in a player, i.e Soldo or Collier Dawkins. But something tells me they will want more. Over to you Blair.

Pick 19 is so valuable, start of the second round, we could potentially trade pick19 for two late 20 picks on the night.
There is so much undervaluing of what Taranto and Hopper are going to cost us on here. Compared to some of the expected deals I have seen I fear some on here are going to be very disappointed.

I think I will stay away from this site the day the deal is done because I can feel the outrage already !!

These are quality midfielders

Reactions: 3 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Another potential lever in the mix is GWS's willingness to pay part of Hopper's salary if it nets them the draft picks they want.

The potential benefit to Richmond is that it allows the club extra cap space to explore bringing in another player.

That said, I'd be shocked if GWS didn't want a Tiger or two as part of these deals.

Gaining draft picks for losing good players is simply a rinse and repeat situation for a club that has proved it struggles to turn its draft picks into career players.

Time for GWS to try another tack.

Last edited:

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
I've said elsewhere that Soldo is a major upgrade on Briggs. Preuss is a loose cannon who cannot be relied upon ... I think the most number of games he's played in a row is five. Soldo could lead their ruck department for the next eight years.

If I were them, I'd want to talk to Richmond about Dow and RCD as midfield depth, and Stack could be an ideal high half forward to cover, in part, the loss of Hill.

Of course, GWS may still want the draft picks to target players from other clubs, but their recruitment record is abysmal.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
There is so much undervaluing of what Taranto and Hopper are going to cost us on here. Compared to some of the expected deals I have seen I fear some on here are going to be very disappointed.

I think I will stay away from this site the day the deal is done because I can feel the outrage already !!

These are quality midfielders
I disagree. I have a strong suspicion that the deal has actually been agreed in principle a long way out and what we are hearing is just noise. I have had some good mail from an extremely credible source to that effect.
Two decent picks and probably a player will get it done. GWS just don’t want to be perceived as “easy”.

Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I've said elsewhere that Soldo is a major upgrade on Briggs. Preuss is a loose cannon who cannot be relied upon ... I think the most number of games he's played in a row is five. Soldo could lead their ruck department for the next eight years.

If I were them, I'd want to talk to Richmond about Dow and RCD as midfield depth, and Stack could be an ideal high half forward to cover, in part, the loss of Hill.

Of course, GWS may still want the draft picks to target players from other clubs, but their recruitment record is abysmal.

I still think a player like George would suit them perfectly. They've always had the high draft picks, they just don't have those lower draft picks that work their butts completely off for the team. As much as people get annoyed with Georges skills at times, he works as hard as anyone on the field.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I disagree. I have a strong suspicion that the deal has actually been agreed in principle a long way out and what we are hearing is just noise. I have had some good mail from an extremely credible source to that effect.
Two decent picks and probably a player will get it done. GWS just don’t want to be perceived as “easy”.
I hope you are right but if we get the two of them for 12,19 and a player it won’t matter whether GWS want to be perceived as easy or not because we will have basically stolen them.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If we interested on Bowes
The media would be having a fit.
Already they going with 'Geelong misses out on Hopper because of there pay structure"
I can't wait for Hopper to come and say 'the biggest reason i joined the Richmond was the crowds and playing on the G"

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
If we interested on Bowes
The media would be having a fit.
Already they going with 'Geelong misses out on Hopper because of there pay structure"
I can't wait for Hopper to come and say 'the biggest reason i joined the Richmond was the crowds and playing on the G"
...and being given the locker next to Trent Cotchin, and being able to sit within touching distance of Dusty and Jack R during team meetings. And have you seen the size of Baker's ballsack! Could do the weekly shopping and weekend Bunnings run in one go if that was a tote bag!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users