Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
If we interested on Bowes
The media would be having a fit.
Already they going with 'Geelong misses out on Hopper because of there pay structure"
I can't wait for Hopper to come and say 'the biggest reason i joined the Richmond was the crowds and playing on the G"
reported Hopper has already said that’s the reason he picked us

Reactions: 1 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
I disagree. I have a strong suspicion that the deal has actually been agreed in principle a long way out and what we are hearing is just noise. I have had some good mail from an extremely credible source to that effect.
Two decent picks and probably a player will get it done. GWS just don’t want to be perceived as “easy”.
How can we not trust someone’s information called “The Mole”…I’m in !

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Too many of our supporters are underselling how good Taranto is, and Hopper for that matter. Taranto a pick 2 and Hopper a pick 7.
Taranto won their B&F in 2019 "GWS GF year", and Hopper made AA in 2021 "top 40".

Put them into our environment, also playing in front of big crowds watch them excel even further.

Both these players are beasts around the contest, add them with Prestia as starting midfield and watch us climb back into the top 4 next year!

If we had these two top 10 players and they were bout to leave, we would want to be duly compensated. I hope we can do the deal with this year's first-rounder and next year's first-rounder and add in a player, i.e Soldo or Collier Dawkins. But something tells me they will want more. Over to you Blair.

Pick 19 is so valuable, start of the second round, we could potentially trade pick19 for two late 20 picks on the night.
If a club asked for this mythical pick 19 and offered 2 picks in the 20's 100% we should take it.

Reactions: 1 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
I disagree. I have a strong suspicion that the deal has actually been agreed in principle a long way out and what we are hearing is just noise. I have had some good mail from an extremely credible source to that effect.
Two decent picks and probably a player will get it done. GWS just don’t want to be perceived as “easy”.
Agree the deal was struck a fair while ago and GWS are now just putting up a front in light of a mismanaged salary cap.

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Picks 12 19 30 and next years first rounder is too much for Taropper
Much prefer 12 30 next years first rounder player (Soldo) and keep pick 19
Can’t see how pick 19 this year is preferable to pick 1-18 next year in what is expected to be a far stronger draft and also a year in which Ben King will become available.
Think instead that we should be seeking to bank some future picks, maybe Adelaide’s or Port Adelaide’s 1st if Jack goes, and most certainly our own.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I've said elsewhere that Soldo is a major upgrade on Briggs. Preuss is a loose cannon who cannot be relied upon ... I think the most number of games he's played in a row is five. Soldo could lead their ruck department for the next eight years.

If I were them, I'd want to talk to Richmond about Dow and RCD as midfield depth, and Stack could be an ideal high half forward to cover, in part, the loss of Hill.

Of course, GWS may still want the draft picks to target players from other clubs, but their recruitment record is abysmal.
They also have a highly respected coach who is know to and presumably trusted by a host of players who have been with him at Richmond, (and about whom he has 1st rate knowledge).
Don’t believe for a moment that the move of Hopper and Taranto will not include a player or players going back the other way and that a further significant play will include our offer of TPP.

Reactions: 1 user

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I definitely would not give up Balta but we have to keep his role consistent in the last line of defence, No more half arsed experimentation with him or we will mess him up bigtime.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
When are our delistings due now that the JDM has come and gone and players start their breaks?

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020

They’ve both toured punt road and met the players. Done deal.

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
If we interested on Bowes
The media would be having a fit.
Already they going with 'Geelong misses out on Hopper because of there pay structure"
I can't wait for Hopper to come and say 'the biggest reason i joined the Richmond was the crowds and playing on the G"

They’re going to have to 850k to Bowes next year plus pick 7. Because it’s Geelong it’s a good deal