Revealed! Huppatz a close second to Wallace | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Revealed! Huppatz a close second to Wallace

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
from www.puntroad.com/content (with a pic of Ray

Puntroad.com can reveal just how close Richmond went to signing former Footscray and Port Adelaide rover Ray Huppatz. Speaking to puntroad.com from his Norwood home, Huppatz said that he thought he was a shot at the role.

"Yeah nah look, I first spoke with Greg about the job a few weeks back and he came over to Adelaide to see what I had to offer. I told him over a couple of Coopers that I could probably sow up a deal with Golden Crumpets and then the players could get onto those in the pre-season to maybe bulk up and play like me. I told him getting Fiora onto the crumpets was vital and at the time I thought that Greg could see there might be something in that."

Huppatz also gave a strong presentation and critic of the Tigers playing list.

"Yeah look, what I said was that there wasn't enough moustaches, not enough monstrous sideburns amoung the senior leadership group and not enough facial hair. I reckon Richo with a mo' would be fearsome and Tim Fleming had some great sidey's last year. What happened to those?"

Greg Miller has also confirmed that Huppatz was in the mix. "Look Ray's a quality player and even got some Brownlow votes in '71 and kicked 30 odd goals for Port in '83. That's a winner. . .not a big winner, but a winner nevertheless. We're sorry that Ray couldn't get up for the senior position, but I've spoken to Terry about him . . and you never know."

Huppatz, however, will not be coming to Richmond as an assistant coach in 2005. "Look, it's top dog for me or nothing. I was even going to bring Bruce Duperouzel along as assistant but now it's just Richmond's loss. I couldn't stand working for anyone else. That's just the way I am."

Richmond fans are said to be devastated by the news that Huppatz will not be coaching in 2005. Redford P Reds of Boston speaking through back-curling sobs said, "I can't believe it. Ray Huppatz has so much to offer the Richmond Football Club. I don't know that I can renew my membership. Greg Miller should be shown the door for not getting us Huppatz, it's a *smile* disgrace. It's a shame about Ray."

The Richmond Board is apparently very pleased with itself and will not be growing sideburns.

Now firm favourite to coach the Hawks.

Dermie would prefer to give him the head job instead of Harvey

Once again, cutting edge stuff TIT.

Yeah, when puntroad.com interviewed me on the subject I was pretty distraught.

But hopefully we are on the right track just the same, because, its about time...its about time.

Fine work Tina Turner.

We suggested to Ray that he get a spray on tan before the important final interview.He said "no I'm an old fashion guy with old fashion principles.No namby pamby spray on tan for me!And the sidburns stay!"

I think it cost him the job. :'(

My suggestion is we honour Ray with a team of middleaged men names. Only those called Graham (will accept Graeme), Gordon, Ian, Brian (will accept Bryan), Len, Gary, Greg, Barry, Bruce and Daryl need apply. Lets start at the backline. I'm nominating Gary Malarkey as full back, Greg Strachan back pocket and Graham Hinchen in the other back pocket.

Is great to see we now have a plan.b.
If anything happens to Terry .......Huppatz is the main man. ;D ;D