RFC Bushfire Relief Fundraiser | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC Bushfire Relief Fundraiser

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Nice recognition for dimma to be chosen as coach

This wouldnt have happened since we had Hafey.
We have a coach that is the club house leader.
In due resoect its a very shallow pool of good coaches to choose from.
Clarkson & Hardwick and no one else..

Imagine the loser from Geelong having a sook they didmt choose him. Fkwit

Reactions: 1 user

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Will Gary the Corio Bay Goat get a run or be kept in lambs wool until the rough stuff starts ?.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The game should be the best under 23’s.
I really dont want martin jack or lynch selected.

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
I'd like to see a few of our youngsters nominated, but I would think most clubs better players will be putting their hands up, being such a worthy cause.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Victoria: Dylan Grimes, Tom Lynch, Dustin Martin, Dion Prestia
All Stars: Shane Edwards, Marlion Pickett, Jack Riewoldt, Sydney Stack

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Victoria: Dylan Grimes, Tom Lynch, Dustin Martin, Dion Prestia
All Stars: Shane Edwards, Marlion Pickett, Jack Riewoldt, Sydney Stack
Hope they're just doing a pre match lap of honour n waving to the crowds :)). Will be fingers crossed hoping all players get through the game unscathed, would be terrible for any player to cop any sort of serious injury putting in for an event like this.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Good on the Tigers for this.

There is a question I would like to ask?

Where does the money end up and who handles it to those in need?

I ask this after the Red cross fiasco and two other so called charities.

According to Alan Jones the money freely given by us the taxpayers is being tied up in red tape.

There had been Zillions donated from not just Australia but from various countries around the world.

Who the hell gets this money and who is responsible for distributing it?

Makes me sick to know there are so many needing financial help and not getting it.

And, I might add this is not the fault of Scomo.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Good on the Tigers for this.

There is a question I would like to ask?

Where does the money end up and who handles it to those in need?

I ask this after the Red cross fiasco and two other so called charities.

According to Alan Jones the money freely given by us the taxpayers is being tied up in red tape.

There had been Zillions donated from not just Australia but from various countries around the world.

Who the hell gets this money and who is responsible for distributing it?

Makes me sick to know there are so many needing financial help and not getting it.

And, I might add this is not the fault of Scomo.

Sorry but what do you mean fiasco? The fact that 1 minister who is grieving for his property has spoken out in a naïve way does not mean it is a fiasco.

The funds raised do need to support the community now, and 10's of millions of $'s have already been provided.

What are you expecting them to do? Just go out and give people sacks fulls of money? What if those properties were insured and the insurance companies would refund payout for rebuild costs?

The funds raised need to support these communities not only now but for the foreseeable future. There needs to be immediate payments to shore up the finances of businesses in these communities that rely on tourism for sure, but the regeneration of the farming industry will not spring up overnight. Whether its the government, or if its the government along with the charities, farmers livelihoods need to be secured probably for at least 3 years whilst they rebuild their devastated farms whether that be rebuilding their crop farming (I'd guess yields would be down) or re-establishing their cattle farming businesses where many have lost significant numbers of cattle.

They can't just be passed money, it needs to be fed over time into the communities to support them for the long term not just a short sharp hit.

From what I understand the requirement to fund immediate assistance in terms of food / accommodation is already being provided, but there are significant sums over and above this which should be used to help rebuild communities and that will be dealt with over a significant period of time, but not over 1 month.

Reactions: 2 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Any information that includes the phrase "According to Alan Jones.." needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 2 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
As the media has reported many times over, the Red Cross have received $115m in donations and have only distributed $30 of that.

Then to add fuel to the fire, pardon the pun, the RC have reportedly said they are holding back some of those donations for future disasters.

As many have said, those donations were given to help people of all descriptions affected by the current fires.

As for Alan Jones, if there is anyone in the media who gets to the guts of everything I don't know who that would be apart from maybe Peta Credlin.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
As the media has reported many times over, the Red Cross have received $115m in donations and have only distributed $30 of that.

Then to add fuel to the fire, pardon the pun, the RC have reportedly said they are holding back some of those donations for future disasters.

As many have said, those donations were given to help people of all descriptions affected by the current fires.

As for Alan Jones, if there is anyone in the media who gets to the guts of everything I don't know who that would be apart from maybe Peta Credlin.
I know many people who work in aid. The overwhelming view is that the Red Cross is a fantastic organisation who would know exactly what they were doing. Having a large amount not distributed yet would not be unusual as people need money at different stages of recovery. The cardinal sin of aid distribution is to distribute it all quickly and get the job half done and hope for more.
People who work in that area do an incredible job for salaries well below what they could earn elsewhere because they care.