RFC Contracts List | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC Contracts List

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Does anyone know which players are coming out of contract this season and when other players contracts expire?

Schulz 2010?
McMahon 2010?
Simmonds 2009?
Polak 2009?
Pettifer 2009?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Re: Player Contracts Post 2009

Tommys this is a list put together on PRE, it won't be 100% accurate and is out of date. If anyone can help with details/updates it would be appreciated. ( I think I've gor more details on my other computer which is away gettign repaired at the moment. Will check next week)

(Bold means updated from start of year list and renewed contract info. )
Joel Bowden 2009
Nathan G Brown 2008
Andrew Collins 2008
Daniel Connors 2008
Trent Cotchin 2008
Mark Coughlan 2009
Ben Cousins
Brett Deledio 2009
Shane Edwards 2008
Nathan Foley 2009
Angus Graham 2010
Tom Hislop
Cleve Hughes 2008
Daniel Jackson 2008
Kane Johnson 2009
Jake King 2010
Luke McGuane 2008
Jordan McMahon 3 year deal, 2010 (?)
Mitch Morton 2008
Kelvin Moore 2008
Chris Newman 2011
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls 2008
Adam Pattison 2008
Kayne Pettifer 2009
Graham Polak 2008
Dean Polo 2008
Jayden Post
Dean Putt 2008
Andrew Raines 2009
Alex Rance 2008
Jack Reiwoldt 2008
Matthew Richardson 2009 (vet)
Jay Schulz 2008
Troy Simmonds 2009
Richard Tambling 2008
Adam Thompson
Will Thursfield 2008
Shane Tuck 2010
Tyrone Vickery
Matthew White 2010

Angus Graham ELEVATED 2008
Jake King ELEVATED 2008

Rookie List
1. Browne, Andrew
2. Gilligan, Alroy
3. Gourdis, David
4. Nahas, Robin
5. Silvester, Jarrod

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004

Thanks for that Rosy ;D

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006

This helps a little, article from last October

Tigers sign up 10 players to AFL deals

October 2, 2008 - 7:24PM

Richmond have sewn up 10 players, including vice-captain Chris Newman, for at least the 2009 AFL season.

Newman, 26, was the only one of the 10 aged over 25, with the other players to re-sign Kelvin Moore, Jack Riewoldt, Shane Edwards, Jay Schulz, Daniel Connors, Matthew White, Andrew Collins, Angus Graham and Jake King.

"We are investing long term in some sound talent and we are pleased that these players will be able to continue to grow and develop with the Richmond Football Club," football operations manager Craig Cameron, said.
Newman said the re-signings added to the optimism built by the Tigers' solid finish to the season.

"We are all really looking forward to next year, we finished the season very strongly by winning eight of our last 11 games," he said.

"We now have to build on those promising signs and consolidate our hard work."

The club plans to make further list changes after trade week.

link
http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/tigers-sign-up-10-players-to-afl-deals-20081002-4sqj.html

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

tommystigers said:
Does anyone know which players are coming out of contract this season and when other players contracts expire?

Schulz 2010?
McMahon 2010?
Simmonds 2009?
Polak 2009?
Pettifer 2009?
Surely we didn't sign up Schulz for next year

Massai

Tiger Champion
Mar 27, 2009

mb64 said:
Surely we didn't sign up Schulz for next year

Well as the new Football Department Manager Craig Cameron said last year, *smile* was part of all this young talent that was going to take Richmond places.
Looks like he's got a bit of egg all over his face and Greg Miller can't take all the blame.

*smile* is with us until 2010, so too McMahon, so too King, the other players that were signed up I have no issues with.

Player contracts to me are an ABSOLUTE joke. There is absolutely NO incentive for players to perform. You get your base rate, plus extra's as set by the AFL or you get what the club thinks you're worth.

The Club is screwed from the very start, because the club must make a mandatory 93% in player payments of its Salary Cap. So if you have a bunch of total underachievers, they get paid NO MATTER WHAT. The Club can't fine them for playing poorly either.

So *smile* being a case in point, did a bit last half last season, got another 2 years at probably around 150,000 a season, not bad dough to be a lazy ineffectual player, that turns up for training does the bare minimum and then on game might kick a goal, take the odd mark and god forbid actually make a tackle.

I've said for years, that the AFL player payment system is nothing short of a joke and the Salary Cap more, Brisbane Lions, Sydney Swan's, Gold Coast and Carlton being cases in point.

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002

I have long felt that the club should not offer long term contracts to any players. Effectively, we should put all players on 1 year contracts, which means that we have the freedom to delist or trade any player at the end of the season. Players will be rewarded for a good prior season and not get big bucks when they are underperforming. We would not get the farcical situation where we win the wooden spoon and players are paid at close to 100% of the salary cap. :eek:

The naysayers may say that we risk losing players in the PSD but realistically we could be able to use such threats of overpaid players to properly rebuild the list ;D

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004

tigertough said:
I have long felt that the club should not offer long term contracts to any players. Effectively, we should put all players on 1 year contracts, which means that we have the freedom to delist or trade any player at the end of the season. Players will be rewarded for a good prior season and not get big bucks when they are underperforming. We would not get the farcical situation where we win the wooden spoon and players are paid at close to 100% of the salary cap. :eek:

The naysayers may say that we risk losing players in the PSD but realistically we could be able to use such threats of overpaid players to properly rebuild the list ;D

A one year contract for all players is not long enough as you will not be able to keep the better players (Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Moore, Morton, Newman to name a few) at the club as they will be offered better deals elsewhere.
Sure give rookies and up and coming players a 1 year deals but give the Deledios etc... 2 years with a 1 year option.
5 year deals should never be considered.

Knives13

Tiger Cub
Nov 12, 2008

Jake King contracted till 2010 ??? They cant be serious... what a joke

ROLLS ROYCE

once a tiger, always a tiger
Oct 6, 2007
mackay, qld

Knives13 said:
And u guys go on about JON. At least he has the potential to be a key position forward and is improving.

King is now a liability to our list and if he gets another game it can only be bad news for the RFC as it means we r up *smile* creek.

These r the sort of decisions which make this club a laughing stock.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

Knives13 said:

Yeah King has to go at the end of this year. I wonder if we can wangle it somehow. Poor List Mgt really given he has always been such a marginal player.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Contracts List:
As at 4/5/2010

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

2011: Astbury, Browne, Collins, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Riewoldt, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley,

2012: Deledio, Foley, Martin, McGuane

2013: Cotchin

link
/forum//index.php?topic=9436.0

Mods I tried to search for the "old" list but can't find it. Is it possible to "sticky" this somewhere where it can be updated as contract situations change. Thanks.

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
They need to sign Riewoldt up quick smart.
To keep those hyenas from the Gold Coast away from him.

It looks like Tambling might be the only other one they`d be interested in out of that 2010 lot.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
17 out of contract at the end of this year. I can see 4 there that should be signed up asap. The others will depend on how deep a cut they want to make this year.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Baloo said:
17 out of contract at the end of this year. I can see 4 there that should be signed up asap. The others will depend on how deep a cut they want to make this year.

Connors, Reiwoldt, Vickery, Tambling Post? What about Edwards and Polo - probably marginals but we'd get little compensation if at all, and we probably won't delist either.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That's 5 :)

Take out Bling at this stage of the season and that's the 4 I picked.

The others really will depend on how deep we feel we can cut this draft and still get quality.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Phar Ace said:
What about Edwards and Polo - probably marginals but we'd get little compensation if at all, and we probably won't delist either.

They will probably stay, like it or not.

King, Simmonds, McMahon, Cousins, Tuck, White, Thomson, Hislop, Graham will probably all go before them. That's 9 names already.

What a disaster 2008 was with Thomson/Hislop.