RFC Contracts List | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC Contracts List

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Can I respectfully request that this thread be kept for Players Contract status.

There are plenty of threads on each player to debate their ability etc. Thanks, much appreciated.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Barnzy said:
Very true. If you go back to the Tom Hislop thread you will see I was sticking up for him (in a way) because I thought he was being played out of position up forward, wanted to see him in the middle in and under the packs (his natural junior position) before I wrote him off. That happened the other week and nothing really changed with him.

I realise he's young and has only played 20 games but I just think he has too many deficiencies to make it. Hope I'm wrong on this one because I have nothing against the guy and if he improves it only benefits the RFC.

Wow, some caveats - impressive post :spin

Would agree that unless he can vastly improve the reliability of his kicking, he'll have a hard time negotiating another contract. Your mate TB says Hislop's last game or two at Coburg has seen Hissy work really hard in that area - never give up on a kid willing to work harder than the rest say I.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
willo said:
Can I respectfully request that this thread be kept for Players Contract status.

There are plenty of threads on each player to debate their ability etc. Thanks, much appreciated.

Bit of a tricky one - we can discuss the player contract wise, but not why he shouldn;t get another contract? Maybe I shouldn't even be discussing what we should discuss - oh 5h1t! ;D

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
willo said:
Contracts List:
As at 4/5/2010

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

2011: Astbury, Browne, Collins, Dea, Farmer, Grimes, Griffiths, Jackson, Morton, Nahas, Nason, Newman, Rance, Taylor, Thursfield, Webberley

2012: Deledio, Foley, Martin, McGuane

2013: Cotchin

Mods I tried to search for the "old" list but can't find it. Is it possible to "sticky" this somewhere where it can be updated as contract situations change. Thanks.
Willo where did you get this info from? I have done a few searches on the net but couldnt find anything.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Phar Ace said:
Bit of a tricky one - we can discuss the player contract wise, but not why he shouldn;t get another contract? Maybe I shouldn't even be discussing what we should discuss - oh 5h1t! ;D
Bloody smart ar$e Phar Ace. :cheeky
skybeau said:
The first rule of the Player Contracts thread is, you do not talk about Player Contracts.
Ahem, yep I should have known better Sky. :whistle :doh

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I've merged your thread with the contract thread from last year willo.

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Has anyone heard an update re: Riewoldt signing, am starting to become increasingly concerned about this one

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
tigerjoe12 said:
Has anyone heard an update re: Riewoldt signing, am starting to become increasingly concerned about this one

He is the last guy I would be worried about joe.

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
WesternTiger said:
He is the last guy I would be worried about joe.

why do you say this? Not that I've heard anything from a reliae source but I have heard mumbles re: gold coast.

Am relatively confident he will stay but doesn't make any sense that he hasn't been re- signed considering his contract ends at the end of the year

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
tigerjoe12 said:
why do you say this? Not that I've heard Anthony from a reliae source but I have heard mumbles re: gold coast.

Am relatively confident he will stay but doesn't make any sense that he hasn't been re- signed considering his contract ends at the end of the year

You see him today joe? I just think he is a very loyal guy and loves the tigers.

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

Moore, Riewoldts, Graham, Connors I would like to see wrapped up soon.

Tuck, Edwards, Polo, Post, White and Vickery would be important as well. (Rumour has it Vickery signed, but why wouldn't be announced?)

Several of the others I like but at this point of the season not as crucial. Having both our young rucks uncontacted is not good.

ZeroGame

Tiger Champion
Jun 19, 2006
Elwood
Riewoldt is also contracted already for next year, but club has initiated talks for an extension of 2-3 years

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
What, if any, are the repercussions for a club wishing to trade a contracted player to another club? For example, with McGuane being a QLD'er, and him being the type of defender the Suns may need for a couple of years, are we able to trade him and what happens to his contact?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Freezer said:
What, if any, are the repercussions for a club wishing to trade a contracted player to another club? For example, with McGuane being a QLD'er, and him being the type of defender the Suns may need for a couple of years, are we able to trade him and what happens to his contact?
If he's still contracted we can trade him if he agrees. If his GC contract offer is the same, GC take it over. If they offer him less, we have to make up the difference and the difference counts against our salary cap total. They can increase his contract and they wear the lot.