RFC mass vacination | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC mass vacination

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Must admit I'm pretty worried about the coming season if this UK strain gets into the community.

yeah we cant take anything for granted these days Oldy.

We might have to overcome a Kava scandal to win the flag on The Tonga Cricket Ground this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Will be great, our players will be upgraded to 5G download

edit sorry see similar joke made earlier

ejort

Tiger Cub
Jul 30, 2020
im not taking any rushed vaccine
especially one that i cant sue them if my family or i have issues

Is your preference to have continued rolling lockdowns instead of vaccination (with decent data on known risks as it currently stands) and a return to normality?

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'll take it and report back in a few weeks guys, don't worry

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
im not taking any rushed vaccine
especially one that i cant sue them if my family or i have issues
Thanks for sharing. I’m sure there will be the rare person that has a side effect but my guess would be your risk bigger by not taking it, getting COVID and being unlucky there. Will be interesting what happens this year.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Thanks for sharing. I’m sure there will be the rare person that has a side effect but my guess would be your risk bigger by not taking it, getting COVID and being unlucky there. Will be interesting what happens this year.
What are the side effects? All drugs produce side effects.

What are the known risks?

Far too little information at present.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
What are the side effects? All drugs produce side effects.

What are the known risks?

Far too little information at present.
TGA will follow this process.
we maintain the right to chose not to use. I share some concern in that there is so much pressure to get it done, that it isn‘t hard to envisage rules being stretched. The fact we are later in the global roll out means plenty though So for me personally I think the risks are way lower Than the COVID risk (which we also don’t know the long term effects of and I’m much more worried about) Plus there is a social good created with good take up.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think ill be getting my jab in Mullumbimby,

where I expect the queue to be very short.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This jab ain’t going anywhere near me or my family.

Do you mean ever? Or because you believe its been rushed?

I'm intrigued on people that are anti-vaccine, is it because of potential side effects (other countries will see this 1st, we can kind of wait and see) or something else?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Do you mean ever? Or because you believe its been rushed?

I'm intrigued on people that are anti-vaccine, is it because of potential side effects (other countries will see this 1st, we can kind of wait and see) or something else?
Yes, mostly that a ten-year process has been compressed into one. And it's not like the whole world has been working on it; they've worked in their own little pockets, each trying to be first.

Just human nature to be... cautious.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yes, mostly that a ten-year process has been compressed into one. And it's not like the whole world has been working on it; they've worked in their own little pockets, each trying to be first.

Just human nature to be... cautious.

Understand the issue, but I would expect the money spent on it is far more than a normal 1 year funding for a new vaccine. It would be interesting to see what money would be spent on that research across a 10 year period and how much has been spent in the last year. I'd suspect it would be much higher than 10% of the 10 year investment.

They have managed to compress it by spending a lot more on it and redirecting funds from other potential treatments / vaccines.