RFC mass vacination | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC mass vacination

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Given that the most important people in Australia are the RFC members and I have nothing else to do, I propose the following;
Richmond Football Club procure 100k Covid Virus vaccines.
Once membership cards are distributed organise a mass vaccination event at Punt road for adult members only.
Event to be completed before 2021 season commences ( if we wait for Government the season will be over).
All vaccinated members then have unrestricted access to matches (as per member package).
Event reads member card, captures details (including vaccine batch) uploads to member file at RFC. Card is lazer marked for physical
identification. At same time member is vaccinated using a medical injection gun. Those who have been through a mass vaccination in the army
will know what I mean. total vaccination process under 15 seconds. Can have multiple lines. Gun is less painful than needle.
I understand vaccination does not mean immunity ( you can still catch Covid and be infectious) but you will be asymptomatic. Those choosing not to be vaccinated
and go to the football will be at an increased risk but that is their choice.
If we are the first to go think of the vitriol from other clubs and general public against the privileged few who are the VIP's of RFC!!! Love it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I'll be astonished if AFL players and football department staff don't jump the vaccination queue along with Olympic athletes and Danni Minogue.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
You are not free from COVID the moment you get the vaccine. There maybe a second injection to be had and then time is needed for the vaccine to work. That is if that particular vaccine actually works on you.

Reactions: 1 user

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
I got to ask, how does Danni get to the front of the queue?
Because she wants to "Show you the way to go" and to "Put a needle on it" and it's "All I wanna do" and "He's the greatest dancer".

Not sure about the last reason. But there ya go....

(I've never heard any of those songs, that I can recall)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'm no anti-vaxxer but won't be rushing into a jab. Lot of questions to be answered, including whether the virus can be transmitted while being protected yourself. If so it may actually be counter-productive and lead to people being less considerate of others.

This is looming as a major issue for business before many of us can resume working on site. The AFL wouldn't have a hope in hell of enforcing a no jab, no entry policy at this early stage.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You can transmit the virus if vaccinated, we already know that. The point of vaccination is that the virus does not harm you.

No idea how the vaccine would be counter-productive, you are no more likely to catch COVID if vaccinated and plenty of people are asymptomatic now.

The way vaccines work is to create herd immunity so each individual who chooses to refuse vaccination will contribute to herd immunity being less effective.

Be that on the head of those who refuse the vaccine.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Is this the jab that will micro chip my movements and allow the government to hear my thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Is this the jab that will micro chip my movements and allow the government to hear my thoughts?

This is the funniest conspiracy theory of them all. People worried about being micro chipped and the govt being able to see where they are going, all the while walking around with a mobile phone in their pocket. Haha the irony.

The next lot of conspiracy nuts seem to think that the vaccine will be used by the govt for sterilisation of the population. Righto, so they needed to invent a disease that doesn't exist in order to do this, surely they could have done this in any of the other vaccines that have high take up rates, whether thats MMR, TB, the flu etc

Reactions: 2 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
Perverse situation, the more people who vaccinate the greater the risk to those who do not.
My mask is gone the second I get the jab

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Potentially You can spread the disease whilst being vaccinated/immune. And as you are immune you are less likely to mask And social distance rules less likely to be in place.

OK, got it, thanks Roar.

If it was me I'd keep wearing a mask, but appreciate some might not. I thought the thing about masks was they were more effective in terms of protecting others rather than the wearer.

We are still better off with as many people vaccinated as possible in any case.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
We all know how this will go:
Government will give free jabs to the elderly, unemployed, poor, disabled, single mothers and orphan children.
Why? Because it’s not a vaccine. It’s is the COVID-19! They want the people who cost the government money to be exterminated!
It’s a trap and you fools are running to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users